5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 126
double-post
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Humanity is lacking in the Force.
That and the ICS has Acclamator heavy turbolasers at 200 giga-tons per bolt... and thats on a frigate.

http://arsdnet.net/ics.png
Disregard, it is never shown in the movies or TV shows, Therefore not canon. Also, Yes movies and stuff do take priority over books and comics.
ICS, while occasional outlandish is only non-canon when something newer/higher source overrides it (say a movie). To my knowledge lucasarts/George Lucas has never disavowed ICS.
Needless to say alot of our information about the halo universe comes from books but we don't count those as non canon.
*EDIT* nvm
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Humanity is lacking in the Force.
That and the ICS has Acclamator heavy turbolasers at 200 giga-tons per bolt... and thats on a frigate.

http://arsdnet.net/ics.png
Disregard, it is never shown in the movies or TV shows, Therefore not canon. Also, Yes movies and stuff do take priority over books and comics.
ICS, while occasional outlandish is only non-canon when something newer/higher source overrides it (say a movie). To my knowledge lucasarts/George Lucas has never disavowed ICS.
Needless to say alot of our information about the halo universe comes from books but we don't count those as non canon.
George Lucas didn't need to.

But very little of the games canon conflicts with the books. That an the fact that in halo games have always been higher canon than books. There is also all that stuff bungie did for gameplay like balancing the covie weapons and slowing plasma rifle shots so it would be fun to have used on you.

End result: Star-wars weapons are only as powerful as visually represented in the films and tv shows, which is significantly less than in whatever books or comics make them seem powerful.
Star Wars. It´s much more than chicken walkers and people with flashlights y'know.
Quote:

But very little of the games canon conflicts with the books. That an the fact that in halo games have always been higher canon than books. There is also all that stuff bungie did for gameplay like balancing the covie weapons and slowing plasma rifle shots so it would be fun to have used on you.
To follow on from this one also needs to take into account engine limitations. For example the utterly anaemic MAC round we got in Halo Reach from the UNSC Grafton was definitley not 64kt or anything like how macs are described, but this is due to engine limitations. Later in the game during the New Alexandria section (the first bit I think) we hear com chatter between ground forces and the UNSC Majestic (which iirc is a destroyer). ver the soace of around 10 seconds it fires 3 MAC rounds (going against the 30 second-ish charge time in the noves) and it sounds how one would expect a MAC to sound. The player is in a building a fair bit away and we still experience the loud rumbling and ground shaking.

Sort of went off-topic there. I believe star wars would win. Have you thought about size. The halo races inhabit the orion arm of the galaxy, the Empire alon covers its entire galaxy, has the resources to hold this and has much better ftl.
Guys,

the only comparisons between the two is that both are science fiction and even then they are different types of science fiction with few similarities.
Quote:
Quote:

To follow on from this one also needs to take into account engine limitations. For example the utterly anaemic MAC round we got in Halo Reach from the UNSC Grafton was definitley not 64kt or anything like how macs are described, but this is due to engine limitations. Later in the game during the New Alexandria section (the first bit I think) we hear com chatter between ground forces and the UNSC Majestic (which iirc is a destroyer). ver the soace of around 10 seconds it fires 3 MAC rounds (going against the 30 second-ish charge time in the noves) and it sounds how one would expect a MAC to sound. The player is in a building a fair bit away and we still experience the loud rumbling and ground shaking.

Sort of went off-topic there. I believe star wars would win. Have you thought about size. The halo races inhabit the orion arm of the galaxy, the Empire alon covers its entire galaxy, has the resources to hold this and has much better ftl.
I suppose you are right about whatever it is your getting at.

Halo also has forerunners and precursors. So, halo wins. Precursors = neural physics, and forerunners = hard-light, artificial force powers, and ridiculously op'd weapons of their own. Think about how a war sphinx can level a city on it's way down to a planet's surface on it's own, or the halo's, massive shield worlds, and the fact that they could use light as a regenerating building material. Either way it is forerunners really.
If any of you have ever played KoTOR you would know that 3 republic cruisers could destroy a planet in about 3 hours, and the game is set long in the past before the movies took place, and were armed with relativity fewer turbo-laser cannons then the newer venator class star destroyers. The empire has so many super-weapons uncomparable to anything in halo next to the rings, but with any kind of close proximity could destroy them. Any UNSC planet could be destroyed by the dearth star.

Personal star-fighters from starwars would rape. Jango Fett had the slave 1. It had bombs in stock that had the power of a nuclear weapon. The UNSC would not be able to match that.
Then there are numbers. Kamino was putting out millions of clones a year. Fresh troops. Year after year, as apposed to old tiered troops, or new untrained ones.

Lets talk capital ships.

Venator class star-destroyer
Spoiler:
Show
Infinety

Spoiler:
Show
Covenant supercruiser

Spoiler:
Show
There is only 1 infinity, there are thousands of star destroyers.

Ground combat.

Clones.
Raised from birth for war and genetically altered to grow faster. Years of training for every troop. Loyal to the end. Basically a spartan as a common soldier without all the insane perks a spartan has.

Marines.
Civilians trained after 18. No special training. Fodder.

Spartans. We all know what they are.

Jedi. Raised with the force, masters of swordplay, can deflect incoming fire with saber. Mind powers.

How I see ground combat going.

Infantry troops on both sides exchanging fire. Stalemate until reinforcement come from either side in the form of jedi or spartan. The other side calls in support and the Jedi who outnumber the Spartans by allot win. Augmentations are made up for by the force, and numbers beet there training because the jedi have almost as intense training as Spartans.

Covies trie to glass the place but get hit by star destroyers. And if the ground troops start to lose the get destroyed by ships in orbit. Starwars has so much more tech then hlo it isnt even funny. And forerunners arn't in this or so are the celestial beings. I beet halo using only one of the factions from starwars.

Empire>halo
Rebles>halo
CSI/Halo could go either way
Republic>halo

Sorry halo. I love both but starwars wins
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Halo also has forerunners and precursors. So, halo wins. Precursors = neural physics, and forerunners equal hard-light, artificial force powers, and ridiculously op'd weapons of their own. Either way it is forerunners really.
Not happening as the original post specifies mid-war covenant and post war unsc for the halo side, so no forerunner or precursor hax unfortunatley.
If they were included the forerunners could probably do this single handedly, as they are at such a high level you'd need time lords or other high level races like that to defeat them. Precursors however we don't know much about.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Halo also has forerunners and precursors. So, halo wins. Precursors = neural physics, and forerunners = hard-light, artificial force powers, and ridiculously op'd weapons of their own. Think about how a war sphinx can level a city on it's way down to a planet's surface on it's own, or the halo's, massive shield worlds, and the fact that they could use light as a regenerating building material. Either way it is forerunners really.
Celestials (the precursors of starwars) could move galaxys and destroy solar systems without any problems at all. They had insane control over the force. They were gods basicly. Starwars. 1 halo. 0
Quote:
Not happening as the original post specifies mid-war covenant and post war unsc for the halo side, so no forerunner or precursor hax unfortunatley.
If they were included the forerunners could probably do this single handedly, as they are at such a high level you'd need time lords or other high level races like that to defeat them. Precursors however we don't know much about.
Did he? *looks back* He did. He nerfed halo.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Celestials (the precursors of starwars) could move galaxys and destroy solar systems without any problems at all. They had insane control over the force. They were gods basicly. Starwars. 1 halo. 0
Precursors supposedly live in slip-space and if that is true then they have dimensional/universal reach. Halo will now take that point back.
Quote:
Quote:
In essence.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Precursors supposedly live in slip-space and if that is true then they have dimensional/universal reach. Halo will now take that point back.
The celestials lived in an alternate dimension as well that could only be reach through deep mediation by normal people. From the book Fate of the jedi, Apocalypse.

And supposedly doesn't do much. No point for halo still
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

The celestials lived in an alternate dimension as well that could only be reach through deep mediation by normal people. From the book Fate of the jedi, Apocalypse.

And we have limited knowledge of celestials but still have info on what they can do. You cant win a war with hypothetical weapons. I wish that we knew more about Precursors so it could be more fair of a debate.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

But who is to say that the precursors didn't do those things as well? I guess we just don't know enough about them yet. : /
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

But who is to say that the precursors didn't do those things as well? I guess we just don't know enough about them yet. : /
Yeah, hopefully we will learn more with halo 4. but honestly I think either way it would be a very close fight, and I think there the only 2 groups that could counter each other in any way. If they teamed up...
Quote:
Quote:
However bullets aren't used in the star wars universe, and letting physical objects through is a star wars battleship weakness.
False, there are bounty hunters and some primitive civilizations in Star Wars that use bullets or gauss like weapons. Also Executor's shields were unharmed by 3 STAR DESTROYERS crashing into it from hyperspace. -.-
Well of course the shields survived, the Star Destroyers would have passed right through them!

Quote:
Quote:
but given movie canon, even moving a 1 ton object requires a considerable amount of strain on a jedi master, so Killing or stopping a Spartan II with the force would be near impossible, as 2 of them would be so damn heavy that they'd just get a bullet to the brain.
Because Star Killer didn't stop a Star ship with the force.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RjuoTfUP3A
I have to agree here, the Force isn't limited by weight, weight is just an illusion.
Quote:
Quote:
Consider it un-nerfed
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 126