Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Halo vs. Star Wars | Who would win?

OP M0aHerder

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 61
  4. 62
  5. 63
  6. 64
  7. 65
  8. ...
  9. 126
Halo would win. I mean have you seen the Game theory episode of the Light Saber and Energy sword. The energy sword won.
Oh ok. Halo wins because 1 weapon is superior over the other?
Jon Troi wrote:
I'd have to say Halo. No argument needed.
No evidence, no good answer.
Yiazmat012 wrote:
Star Wars, and I mean the Empire by themselves would win. The UNSC would underestimate the power of the Force. The Death Star would obliterate their planet's in seconds and the stragglers would be destroyed or captured by the Empire' fleet. The UNSC has made tremendous improvement since the Human Covenant War, but Darth Vader could take out a squad of Spartans. The only reason the Rebellion won in the first place was because of the Force and luck. Humanity is lacking in the Force.
youre forgetting that John has ALL the luck
Lando and Han have more
When you consider just how superior Halo Artificial Intelligence is...

The UNSC could turn the (insert Star Wars faction here)'s ships, bases, etc. against them with little to no effort. And I'd assume the Force counts as some sort of Neural Physics. The Forerunners, and by extension Prometheans and Created, were well equipped to take down a civilisation of Neural Physics.
The UNSC CANNOT turn the tides around
We will cause stormtroopers don't have any accuracy :P
Tell that to Kanjiklub. But seriously, the First Order can do the job.
ChasCT2 wrote:
ChasCT2 wrote:
I'm pretty sure everyone only picks Halo because this is the Halo forums, full of Halo fans, think about it, Star Wars wins easily. Palpatine can just use force storm and wipe them out.
So you think that one man with Force Storms, which can only wreck a continent and the pathetically small fleets of the Rebels after several months of prep, is going to stop a faction (Forerunners) who can wipe out an entire star system with one ship with fleets numbering in the millions? Possibly billions to trillions going by how insane their industry is as a single Forerunner could build the second Death Star every five minutes for several centuries nonstop in secret out of his own pockets without a single other Forerunner none the wiser based off of Onyx alone without considering the other six hundred plus Shields Worlds the Ur-Didact was building at the same time all while hiding the construction from the Builders, leaders of their government at the time who hates him, and everyone else. Meanwhile, the Imperial Star Destroyer or ISD for short, the most common Imperial warship maxes out at twenty five thousand during the Empire's peak.

Also, news flash and reality check man, one dude can't win an intergalactic war by himself unless he is stupidly overpowered compared to everything else in the war like 616 Odin for example, as he wipes out entire galaxies as a side effect from his fights. Which Palpatine is not as his best combat ability, Force Storm, requires months of prep time in addition to it being only capable of ravaging continents to really small fleets, something someone could argue puts him perhaps on par with an outdated War Sphinx or a few dozen Onyx Sentinels out of the quadrillions they have.

And that's not even touching the fact that the Star Wars galaxy is unable to actually reach the Halo galaxy due to their FTL limitations. Meanwhile the Forerunners, Floodcursors, and the Precursors have no such problem which automatically gives them the win people since they will dictate the war. They get to choose when, where, and how the battles will be fought while the SW forces are forced to react since they enter anywhere they want in the SW galaxy while the inhabitants can't launch a counterattack or stop them due to the different FTL methods. And you can't win a war simply by reacting to stuff folks. And to add salt on the wound, the Halo side doesn't even need to enter the Star Wars galaxy to win. All they have to do is aim one of the original Halo Rings at them and just snipe them from their own galaxy.
I'm not even trying to turn this into an argument, I actually read the books by the way. Luke also has the ultra-enhanced healing ability, he fully regenerates instantly from any attack. He can use force lightning to destroy all those forerunners, so Luke beats the Forerunners. I'm not a silly fanboy, and I'm not giving evidence? What about everything I said earlier, were you even listening, Luke beats UNSC, Palpatine destroys the Forerunners, and both beat the Covenant. Luke also has the ability to make himself invisible, and create illusions to can distract or even scare off Halo forces. And wouldn't the Halo rings destroy all life? Halo's weapon or not, there's no win when it comes to that. How about you calm down, just because you are a huge Halo fan, doesn't mean you should side with it all the time when it is clearly doomed.

EDIT: Here's a website where people choose in what terms Star Wars or Halo is superior. Will Halo win in some? Don't get your hopes up, this is a website where there are not complete Halo or Star Wars "fanboys", but just want to tell the TRUTH!! You'll REGRET IT. Have MERCY! Sorry I had to.
llololololoololo

Seriously if Palpatine and Luke could do that why is there ANYTHING ELSE in the Star Wars universe? How in the hell did the rag tag rebels beat this god-beast called Palpatine that can apparently fart planet busting warp lighting storms at will?

How did emo boy Kylo Ren manage to get the better of a Luke Skywalker that can apparently sneeze away planets from 100000000000000000000 light years away and instant heal just by thinking it? Why didn't Luke just whisper dream away the Yuzhong Vong?

Sounds like you are engaging in some fan fiction man.
Let's agree to disagree. This is obviously going nowhere.
Um. Read the books, it's there. You won't change my mind, you're not winning the argument. Read the books, I don't want to waste my time with you. Seriously, you're being immature, plus the prequels were good.
Where have I been immature? I have said twice now if you show me proof that I cannot dispute, I will not go against it with fanboyish zeal and ignorance. However you have shown me nothing. I read through the link you showed; and yeah, if anyone comes at Luke with a blaster or poison, or if people/objects/atmosphere from the Haloverse suddenly become infested with Midichlorians they are screwed in a one on one; nothing suggesting the Halo rings or Star Roads etc. are in danger though. Omega Halo in another Galaxy sniping across hundreds of thousands of light years, as my example showed, isn't going to be something Luke can deal with. I could have missed it, copy and paste or tell me the exact reference for Luke or any other Jedi/Sith destroying a 30,000km object hundreds of thousands of light years away in another Galaxy. You may think it's a cheap win, I get it; but it's still a win.

You can cling to your wish that what you say is how it would go down but you have not (and I believe can not) backed it up.

As for the prequels being good, that's a matter of taste, to me they were wasted potential - just boring and over saturated with future merchandise bait and CGI.
Luke is only one of all the people in the galaxy. Halo is doomed.
The prequels wasted potential? May be, but they can remake them if they wanted to. But at least they were different, people like you don't understand change.
Explain how anyone is going to destroy omega halo, they would get blasted from 25,000 km away, even a Death Star. Let alone the other halos, star roads, forerunner fleets, and billions of onyx sentinels
Luke can teleport to Halo and destroy it with Force Hurricanes
Wow this is an old thread from halo 4s days. Simple halo has the Trump card..... aka the flood star wars loses.
Imperial bioweapons Project I71A. Look it up.
Looking it up, I don't see how it can compare to the Flood.

The Flood has a far superior infection rate (seconds vs minutes with an insane expansion rate which I'll show below), there is no immunity to it if you're organic unlike the l71A, uses all the biomass like plants unlike the I71A, and terraform entire planets to turn them into giant Graveminds that let them access Neural Physics that lets them instantly corrupt AIs (say goodbye to all your droids), warp reality and other dimensions, get a new method of FTL, form Star Roads, and shut down technology once they get enough formed. Additionally unlike the I71A, the Flood victims retain all of the host's memories and can share said knowledge (hello Jedi and Sith Flood) to the entire hive mind and said hive mind can use the knowledge of its past victims to improve or make new tech in the SW galaxy (so they would end up with at least 3 FTL methods as they are Hyperspace, Slipspace, and Neural Physics). Doesn't help that virtually every planet in the galaxy at least has a dozen or so of FTL capable ships which means that's a dozen (minimal) new infected planets that have to be destroyed. God help the SW galaxy if they land on one of the heavier populated planets like Alderaan or Coruscant. Once they land on those, say adios to the galaxy as those planets have thousands to arguably millions of FTL craft the Flood will be hijacking and escaping to any uninfected planet. And the expansion rate with some extras will be in the next post because of this stupid word limit.
With shield worlds like Onyx-Trevelyan, and the portal to the Ark available, the Halo Array is a viable last resort because if the Halo Universe is beaten to a point the last resort is necessary, there will be enough dead that the living can occupy any Anti-Halo installations with no risk of overpopulation.

Onyx sentinels individually are to small for an accurate shot from the Death Star or Starkiller base and to fast for most fighters. If a small Rebel fighter fleet could take sneak in and destroy Starkiller base, I'm confident in a Tier-2 fleet of sentinels commanded by an ancilla or Created's ability to do the same.

When you consider that there are fragments of the super-ancilla Mendicant Bias lying around, I'm sure the remaining Forerunner fleets can find a suitable commander.

With Composers available, it doesn't really matter what a SSD can tank. As learned by Mendicant when the Array first fired, an all powerful fleet is useless with no soldiers controlling it.

Clones and Jedi are cool and all until you consider that Halo forces can purchase pistols that create black holes for 4 REQ points (Void's Tear). And let's not even bring in the Flood.

And, as learned by the Master Chief in his Covenant War career, it doesn't matter what battles you win on the ground when your enemies can just retreat into their starships and melt you from above.

In short, the Halo Universe invested far more time in large-scale warfare, special weaponry, and back-up plans. The Star Wars universe has spent to much time focusing on the Force, which is a poor substitute when the Halo Universe has beings capable of using Neural Physics to make structures CAPABLE OF TRANSPORTING SOLAR SYSTEMS, actually GRANT IMMORTALITY and CREATE LIFE.
And as I said,

"Silentium Flood is essentially the catch all moniker used to describe the Flood once they achieved such critical mass towards the end of the Forerunner-Flood war (due to having consumed trillions of bodies, millions of ships and countless ancilla therein) that they formed complex command nodes encompassing whole star systems referred to as Keyminds. Once they achieved that stage their powers of parallel processing reached such a critical point that they could reactivate long dormant Precursor artifacts - exceeding the point in which the Flood is now spontaneously growing from raw resources as opposed to living organisms. Essentially the Flood we see in the games, but having consumed enough host bodies of two exceptionally advanced interstellar civilizations that it then begins to form an equally advanced gestalt self-replicating swarm intelligence. The term Silentium refers to the novel title Halo: Silentium which is set during the final years of the Forerunner-Flood war.

The key to understanding the threat posed by the Flood outside of their use of neural physics is purely intrinsic to their wholly exploitative nature. To quote Auntie Dot, the mathematics are determinate.

First, as I've said before in the past, the otherwise impossible incubation period of the FSC would normally prove easy to quarantine in most cases, however whereas most pathogens disable or kill their hosts the FSC mutates them into superhumans with an active psychic bond that naturally seeks to form a central, highly organized intelligence capable of effectively fighting and mobilizing against any military force it encounters. The sequencing system for geometric progression is calculated as (2x2x2x ... x2^n-1), with vectors expanding as a continuous variable. You turn into a Flood form and infect the next person, and the virus is carried over to two people who start the chain (2 = random model, but we’ll treat it as a baseline for now). The next minute, each one then infects two of their friends. Now four people are newly infected. Each of them infects two people the third minute, and eight people are infected, and so on. These events can be written as a geometric sequence with n-1 being the variable of time. So in geometric sequencing you don’t assume a consistent rate of attrition, instead the figure is treated as an integer with a constantly fluctuating value (the more Flood you have, the faster it can potentially spread through restrictive elements in prismatic fashion, thus the value of n-1 isn’t a technical constant, neither is the random model). As long as you have a common ratio the figure can progress as a baseline constant for the duration of growth as (a^2/a^1) = (a^3/a^2) = r. So the initial vector starts at two, but within the first hour that figure expands to 2.3 million, thanks to increased assimilation from Flood expansion and the Flood’s ability to manipulate technological craft and move faster than the original host (thus you have multiple vectors of transmission) that figure rockets to 8 million by the next hour, five minutes after that the continued expansion inflates until it reaches a stopping point (i.e. the population of a large city), but since you now have all manner of random outcroppings of the virus (thanks to starships and interstellar portals and teleporters) that same random variable is fluctuating wildly in nearby regions.

Secondly, the Flood are not merely a brute force homogenizing swarm, but a highly adaptive form of corruption and data distribution. Single individual forms are designed to act as a logjam of local information among coordinated military efforts through sheer numbers and utter fearless tenacity, the intent being to propagate and limit effective response to systematic population depletion. Meanwhile the Flood continue to form a gestalt FTL psychic network from which they extract the sum total of memories and operational processing of the native organics and their computer sysems. The issue isn't that there's merely more infected bodies to kill, the issue is that the more the Flood consume the more knowledge they extract from the native environment and thus the greater their processing capacity becomes as a result. You're not just fighting super tough as balls to kill Zombies with bullets, but a distributed organic intelligence network that now knows everything you do (from which button vents the atmosphere to how to pilot a ship) while in turn possessing the combined processing power of the sum mass of organic and synthetic material consumed. In the case of the Keyminds this processing exceeded the capabilities of even Contender-class ancilla It's a self propagating homogeneous swarm intelligence with an instantaneous OODA loop that increases in verisimilitude and processing power along a variable of n-1. And that's not even getting into the more esoteric stuff such as the Logic Plague.

Speaking of the Logic Plague, the Logic Plague is described so inconsistently that it probably represents the Forerunner parameters for a series of OCP events rather than a singular assault. First it comes from an esoteric subversion of AI runtimes outside of Forerunner data parameters (so much so that the AI itself cannot detect the intrusion) that leads to a stream of exchanged consciousness that subverts the already compliant intelligence. Then in one instance it's the Gravemind poking his virtual tendrils into an FTL communication relay and infecting a widespread data network operated by cyborgs, the next it's merely proximity contact with organic Flood forms (not even the Gravemind is involved) that rapidly subvert AI, finally it literally becomes a form of malediction - an arcane term in which even organics can be quietly tweaked for the long term propagation of the Gravemind's goal. The Logic Plague seems to be less of a definition for a lone computer virus/trojan horse/software intrusion/a conversation/data exchange and more of an engineered memetic instance through multiple higher vectors (data, ideas, direct dimensional manipulation etc.) intended to directly benefit the Flood and propagate to it's natural end state (i.e. total saturation), sort of the equivalent of a higher context, high volume smothering that's defined broadly by their inability to predict, defend against or even adequately expunge the corruption itself.

Thus it can be indeterminately logical, infectious, mechanical, digital and physiological - all at the same time. The most simple way to explain it as an overwhelming assault that cannot be countered through conventional means or even understood with known processes (Cortana also learned the hard way that attempting to engage the Flood in a pure computing war is pointless), but something that's best put away in a box and hope it never escapes."
I mean Halo obviously. With the Ancient Humans, Forerunners, precursors, Flood, UNSC, Covenant, Prometheans. And all the tech in between Halo would destroy Star Wars without a doubt.
By the way i am actually HYv47. My account got banned for saying a certain word for seven days. So i figured I should just sign into my friends account to contribute.
The Dnend Legion
Whoever said the UNSC I'm going to slap them. They are seriously lacking in the FTL department at their height (Pre War) as 1.5 lys required them to spend months of time in FTL (source, Contact Harvest) with their total ship numbers around 2000-3000 warships (source, Halo Reach). By the time they got to the battlefield, everyone else would have died from old age, and then some.

If we take Post War UNSC, while their FTL is capable to the Covenant's (912 ly/d and source is Ghost of Onyx), their numbers are seriously lacking. The Covenant stand a much better chance of winning (not that they would, just that they would put up a better fight) of winning than the UNSC.
This is close but I'm gonna say halo
It would be extremely close for many other reasons stated in the numerous comments below. If it was something like Yoda vs Mastercheif, Yoda would win. As much as I like MasterChief and halo, Yoda would just use the force to hold him like the didact did to him. He would just demolish him.
Justima wrote:
Justima wrote:
Nazgul002 wrote:
I think halo would win because the jackal snipers. Especially the ones on Halo 2. Also because the flood could infect almost everything on Coruscant. Also Felucia and Kashykk if they get on a ship to take them there.
Droid Army?
You underestimate the halo 2 jackal snipers, they will kill everything, they would sense a starship coming at light speed and shoot something important and destroy the ship, don't question their ability. They are all powerfull
The whole thing about this thread is comparing Star Wars and Halo as a whole, not specific types. Don't underestimate Star Wars. The whole comparison of these two universe is dumb.
It's a joke if you ever played halo 2 on laso, but jackal snipers > all
Did no one see my post earlier? Hopefully this will bring light to the debate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFeJUfHu0GM
Did no one see my post earlier? Hopefully this will bring light to the debate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFeJUfHu0GM
I know how sucky stormtroopers are. That's why I'm using the clones before order 66. I'm also getting tired and I have work to do. For any SW people, use the infinity gates and the Vong. Look it up if you don't know.
ChasCT2 wrote:
ChasCT2 wrote:
I'm pretty sure everyone only picks Halo because this is the Halo forums, full of Halo fans, think about it, Star Wars wins easily. Palpatine can just use force storm and wipe them out.
So you think that one man with Force Storms, which can only wreck a continent and the pathetically small fleets of the Rebels after several months of prep, is going to stop a faction (Forerunners) who can wipe out an entire star system with one ship with fleets numbering in the millions? Possibly billions to trillions going by how insane their industry is as a single Forerunner could build the second Death Star every five minutes for several centuries nonstop in secret out of his own pockets without a single other Forerunner none the wiser based off of Onyx alone without considering the other six hundred plus Shields Worlds the Ur-Didact was building at the same time all while hiding the construction from the Builders, leaders of their government at the time who hates him, and everyone else. Meanwhile, the Imperial Star Destroyer or ISD for short, the most common Imperial warship maxes out at twenty five thousand during the Empire's peak.

Also, news flash and reality check man, one dude can't win an intergalactic war by himself unless he is stupidly overpowered compared to everything else in the war like 616 Odin for example, as he wipes out entire galaxies as a side effect from his fights. Which Palpatine is not as his best combat ability, Force Storm, requires months of prep time in addition to it being only capable of ravaging continents to really small fleets, something someone could argue puts him perhaps on par with an outdated War Sphinx or a few dozen Onyx Sentinels out of the quadrillions they have.

And that's not even touching the fact that the Star Wars galaxy is unable to actually reach the Halo galaxy due to their FTL limitations. Meanwhile the Forerunners, Floodcursors, and the Precursors have no such problem which automatically gives them the win people since they will dictate the war. They get to choose when, where, and how the battles will be fought while the SW forces are forced to react since they enter anywhere they want in the SW galaxy while the inhabitants can't launch a counterattack or stop them due to the different FTL methods. And you can't win a war simply by reacting to stuff folks. And to add salt on the wound, the Halo side doesn't even need to enter the Star Wars galaxy to win. All they have to do is aim one of the original Halo Rings at them and just snipe them from their own galaxy.
I'm not even trying to turn this into an argument, I actually read the books by the way. Luke also has the ultra-enhanced healing ability, he fully regenerates instantly from any attack. He can use force lightning to destroy all those forerunners, so Luke beats the Forerunners. I'm not a silly fanboy, and I'm not giving evidence? What about everything I said earlier, were you even listening, Luke beats UNSC, Palpatine destroys the Forerunners, and both beat the Covenant. Luke also has the ability to make himself invisible, and create illusions to can distract or even scare off Halo forces. And wouldn't the Halo rings destroy all life? Halo's weapon or not, there's no win when it comes to that. How about you calm down, just because you are a huge Halo fan, doesn't mean you should side with it all the time when it is clearly doomed.

EDIT: Here's a website where people choose in what terms Star Wars or Halo is superior. Will Halo win in some? Don't get your hopes up, this is a website where there are not complete Halo or Star Wars "fanboys", but just want to tell the TRUTH!! You'll REGRET IT. Have MERCY! Sorry I had to.
llololololoololo

Seriously if Palpatine and Luke could do that why is there ANYTHING ELSE in the Star Wars universe? How in the hell did the rag tag rebels beat this god-beast called Palpatine that can apparently fart planet busting warp lighting storms at will?

How did emo boy Kylo Ren manage to get the better of a Luke Skywalker that can apparently sneeze away planets from 100000000000000000000 light years away and instant heal just by thinking it? Why didn't Luke just whisper dream away the Yuzhong Vong?

Sounds like you are engaging in some fan fiction man.
Let's agree to disagree. This is obviously going nowhere.
Um. Read the books, it's there. You won't change my mind, you're not winning the argument. Read the books, I don't want to waste my time with you. Seriously, you're being immature, plus the prequels were good.
Where have I been immature? I have said twice now if you show me proof that I cannot dispute, I will not go against it with fanboyish zeal and ignorance. However you have shown me nothing. I read through the link you showed; and yeah, if anyone comes at Luke with a blaster or poison, or if people/objects/atmosphere from the Haloverse suddenly become infested with Midichlorians they are screwed in a one on one; nothing suggesting the Halo rings or Star Roads etc. are in danger though. Omega Halo in another Galaxy sniping across hundreds of thousands of light years, as my example showed, isn't going to be something Luke can deal with. I could have missed it, copy and paste or tell me the exact reference for Luke or any other Jedi/Sith destroying a 30,000km object hundreds of thousands of light years away in another Galaxy. You may think it's a cheap win, I get it; but it's still a win.

You can cling to your wish that what you say is how it would go down but you have not (and I believe can not) backed it up.

As for the prequels being good, that's a matter of taste, to me they were wasted potential - just boring and over saturated with future merchandise bait and CGI.
Luke is only one of all the people in the galaxy. Halo is doomed.
The prequels wasted potential? May be, but they can remake them if they wanted to. But at least they were different, people like you don't understand change.
Explain how anyone is going to destroy omega halo, they would get blasted from 25,000 km away, even a Death Star. Let alone the other halos, star roads, forerunner fleets, and billions of onyx sentinels
Luke can teleport to Halo and destroy it with Force Hurricanes
That's funny, destroy a 30,000 km diameter installation with force hurricanes. Thousands of sentinels slaughter him, the flood infect him, and now since the flood retain and spread the memory of their host we now have Jedi flood
Did no one see my post earlier? Hopefully this will bring light to the debate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFeJUfHu0GM
I know how sucky stormtroopers are. That's why I'm using the clones before order 66. I'm also getting tired and I have work to do. For any SW people, use the infinity gates and the Vong. Look it up if you don't know.

Did no one see my post earlier? Hopefully this will bring light to the debate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFeJUfHu0GM
And we're using the forerunners and achient humans pre flood, or post flood, either way halo wins, especially post flood, everybody gets infected
This is impossible to compare, the variables make it ridiculous. Quit with the comparisons, also since Star wars is getting it's lore rewritten, just makes it a lot harder. The only confirmed things would be Halo had better strategies(and sometimes worse ones, but then again Star wars let kids lead armies) and better hacking(aka Halo would win). Star wars has the numbers.
Also time period.
That is about all you can compare.

Anything else has a counter argument since both used made up things or things that can't be backed up.
So really it boils down to preference.
This is impossible to compare, the variables make it ridiculous. Quit with the comparisons, also since Star wars is getting it's lore rewritten, just makes it a lot harder. The only confirmed things would be Halo had better strategies(and sometimes worse ones, but then again Star wars let kids lead armies) and better hacking(aka Halo would win). Star wars has the numbers.
Also time period.
That is about all you can compare.

Anything else has a counter argument since both used made up things or things that can't be backed up.
So really it boils down to preference.
I can agree with that.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 61
  4. 62
  5. 63
  6. 64
  7. 65
  8. ...
  9. 126