6. 65
  7. 66
  8. ...
  9. 126
halo because super soldiers vs super soldiers
na2002 wrote:
halo because super soldiers vs super soldiers
........Ok... :l
This is impossible to compare, the variables make it ridiculous. Quit with the comparisons, also since Star wars is getting it's lore rewritten, just makes it a lot harder. The only confirmed things would be Halo had better strategies(and sometimes worse ones, but then again Star wars let kids lead armies) and better hacking(aka Halo would win). Star wars has the numbers.
Also time period.
That is about all you can compare.

Anything else has a counter argument since both used made up things or things that can't be backed up.
So really it boils down to preference.
I can agree with that.
Thank you good sir.
I just realized this but we been fighting about how Halo can beat Star Wars or Star Wars can beat Halo. But who's to say one side can't exploit the other's technology and use it against them? What stops them from doing that?
I like Eggplant soup
I just realized this but we been fighting about how Halo can beat Star Wars or Star Wars can beat Halo. But who's to say one side can't exploit the other's technology and use it against them? What stops them from doing that?
Firewalls, if anyone did it would be ONI though, way superior ai
Joltss1 wrote:
I like Eggplant soup
Sorry bruh, but no one needs to know you like eggplant soup in this thread.
Ooh. Well if we're speaking UNSC vs Star Wars... I would say UNSC. The energy weapon style in Star Wars (ie blasters/proton torpedoes) are similar to Covenant weapons - weapons the UNSC have faced many times and have learned to counter.
Joltss1 wrote:
I like Eggplant soup
Sorry bruh, but no one needs to know you like eggplant soup in this thread.
Aaaawww, Ok ;=;
Firewalls, if anyone did it would be ONI though, way superior ai
I would think after the first battle, both sides would be trying to salvage data from the other thanks to the number of ships they destroyed.
Who would win UNSC or The Republic? my answer would sadly be The Republic because of the Jedi and mass numbers of clones. you can correct me if i'm wrong but I pretty sure the Republic are significantly more advanced then the UNSC... But I think the UNSC might win in a space battle now if there were a battle between a Jedi and a Spartan Jedi wins (Don't say a Plasma Pistol will Plasmatize the Lightsaber because it won't how do you plasmatize a Light?!? you can't) not just because the lightsaber but cause of the force and even if the Jedi doesn't use the force the Spartan will shoot at the Jedi and his bullits would melt before they got to the Jedi now if there were a battle between an ODST and a Clone trooper I think the ODST would win they just seam more tactical and better lets just say theres a couple of Clone troopers patroling the area and four drop pods drop down the Clones are like lets go check it out so they do after they get to one of the drop pods one of the four ODST's probibly sniped them or mightive ambushed the Clones. manly do to the fact that the Republic has Jedi's the Republic would win (Sorry Halo fan boys as much as I would want the UNSC to win they won't) and i'm not even going to go to the vehicles obviosly the Republic would win.
Wait first off at which point in time for each side are talking about? Because both sides have had multiple ups and downs, like if we are talking about the current standing of each universe star wars would win, because most if not all major weaponry of halo has been either disabled, destroyed, or taken over by cortana and her army cult thing, so if the fleets on star wars would converge on the armies of halo they would win, but if it's at each's prime i think halo would win because of the vast amount of their ships and troops, and eventually it would just turn into a stale mate in which both sides eventually either give up or go all out and destroy each other, but because of the unsc and covenant presence pretty much everywhere they would win and the survivors of the war (people who did not fight or were just far enough out that everyone forgot about them) would come together and form a uneasy truce in which everyone helps everyone else where they need it, to prevent anything else like the war from happening again, amd they eventually rebuild back to where they were before the war, and so things would stay peaceful under the same pretense that stopped the cold war, mutual annihilation, i k ow this isn't what you were asking but it's what I think would happen
star wars...halo in general has the technology humans will probably perfect within 20 years....except the space ship and travel of course....or in other words....imagine cave men fighting with arrows, clubs, and spears but they happen to also have helicopters and jet planes
The way I saw was it was halo old and new vs Star Wars old and new. So, UNSC, Covenant, Cortana, Flood, Forerunners,ect, vs. Jedi, Sith, Droids, Clones. But I think most logically both sides might create other alliances with each other to take out their allies. Example: Covenant side with Sith so Jedi side with UNSC leaving Cortana to integrate many droids into her army.
Quote:
Post War UNSC has the Infinity.
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Executor-class_Star_Dreadnought
http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/UNSC_Infinity

The Infinity is 5,6 kilometers while the Executor Star Destroyer is 19 kilometers, about 3,5 times bigger than the Infinity with the capacity to carry thousands of smaller ships and a crew of 280 000 (Infinity: 17 000). The Executor utilize over 5000 turbolasers, missile launchers and ion cannons (Infinity: 1980 exterior weapons total). I believe this would surely wreck the Infinity in battle.
The infinity does have series 8 Mac cannons though, they would pass through the executors shields, I'd say it depends on how much damage the infinity's opening volley does, including its ten strident class heavy frigates, I'd say that while the infinity may be destroyed, that opening Mac volley will probably leave the executor dead in the water and most likely done for. The covenant have super carriers though, and those would for sure wreck the executor
Warfuntime wrote:
star wars...halo in general has the technology humans will probably perfect within 20 years....except the space ship and travel of course....or in other words....imagine cave men fighting with arrows, clubs, and spears but they happen to also have helicopters and jet planes
True, the spears move at the speed of sound or faster, but true nontheless
The way I saw was it was halo old and new vs Star Wars old and new. So, UNSC, Covenant, Cortana, Flood, Forerunners,ect, vs. Jedi, Sith, Droids, Clones. But I think most logically both sides might create other alliances with each other to take out their allies. Example: Covenant side with Sith so Jedi side with UNSC leaving Cortana to integrate many droids into her army.
Very interesting thought, i will get back to you as soon as I finish thinking it out
UCO Rhino wrote:
Who would win UNSC or The Republic? my answer would sadly be The Republic because of the Jedi and mass numbers of clones. you can correct me if i'm wrong but I pretty sure the Republic are significantly more advanced then the UNSC... But I think the UNSC might win in a space battle now if there were a battle between a Jedi and a Spartan Jedi wins (Don't say a Plasma Pistol will Plasmatize the Lightsaber because it won't how do you plasmatize a Light?!? you can't) not just because the lightsaber but cause of the force and even if the Jedi doesn't use the force the Spartan will shoot at the Jedi and his bullits would melt before they got to the Jedi now if there were a battle between an ODST and a Clone trooper I think the ODST would win they just seam more tactical and better lets just say theres a couple of Clone troopers patroling the area and four drop pods drop down the Clones are like lets go check it out so they do after they get to one of the drop pods one of the four ODST's probibly sniped them or mightive ambushed the Clones. manly do to the fact that the Republic has Jedi's the Republic would win (Sorry Halo fan boys as much as I would want the UNSC to win they won't) and i'm not even going to go to the vehicles obviosly the Republic would win.
The blades in lightsabers aren't made of pure light. I believe they're actually made of a special kind of plasma from the crystals that are used.

ODST > Stormtrooper

Jedi > Spartan
steele66 wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
George Lucas didn't need to.

But very little of the games canon conflicts with the books. That an the fact that in halo games have always been higher canon than books. There is also all that stuff bungie did for gameplay like balancing the covie weapons and slowing plasma rifle shots so it would be fun to have used on you.
To follow on from this one also needs to take into account engine limitations. For example the utterly anaemic MAC round we got in Halo Reach from the UNSC Grafton was definitley not 64kt or anything like how macs are described, but this is due to engine limitations. Later in the game during the New Alexandria section (the first bit I think) we hear com chatter between ground forces and the UNSC Majestic (which iirc is a destroyer). ver the soace of around 10 seconds it fires 3 MAC rounds (going against the 30 second-ish charge time in the noves) and it sounds how one would expect a MAC to sound. The player is in a building a fair bit away and we still experience the loud rumbling and ground shaking.

Sort of went off-topic there. I believe star wars would win. Have you thought about size. The halo races inhabit the orion arm of the galaxy, the Empire alon covers its entire galaxy, has the resources to hold this and has much better ftl.
I suppose you are right about whatever it is your getting at.

Halo also has forerunners and precursors. So, halo wins. Precursors = neural physics, and forerunners = hard-light, artificial force powers, and ridiculously op'd weapons of their own. Think about how a war sphinx can level a city on it's way down to a planet's surface on it's own, or the halo's, massive shield worlds, and the fact that they could use light as a regenerating building material. Either way it is forerunners really.
Celestials (the precursors of starwars) could move galaxys and destroy solar systems without any problems at all. They had insane control over the force. They were gods basicly. Starwars. 1 halo. 0
Precursors supposedly live in slip-space and if that is true then they have dimensional/universal reach. Halo will now take that point back.
The celestials lived in an alternate dimension as well that could only be reach through deep mediation by normal people. From the book Fate of the jedi, Apocalypse.

And supposedly doesn't do much. No point for halo still
The star wars books are pretty widely known to be considered non cannon, and when it comes down to it, the flood beats all, they already destroyed two major civilizations (forerunners and achient humans) with relative ease, now they have all those infected bodies and tech, it's all over for everybody.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 62
  4. 63
  5. 64
  6. 65
  7. 66
  8. ...
  9. 126