2. ...
  3. 63
  4. 64
  5. 65
  6. 66
  7. 67
  8. ...
  9. 126
It depends on what group from both you are choosing to fight against one-another but i feel like the forerunners would probably smack any star wars group i am familiar with.
I'm gonna switch it up now. 3 way battle.Old and new UNSC and Republic vs old and new Covenant and Sith vs Cortana, her new lame boyfriend, and droids across the Star Wars galaxy. And there isn't gonna be any flood so don't bring that up.
Malion wrote:
UCO Rhino wrote:
Who would win UNSC or The Republic? my answer would sadly be The Republic because of the Jedi and mass numbers of clones. you can correct me if i'm wrong but I pretty sure the Republic are significantly more advanced then the UNSC... But I think the UNSC might win in a space battle now if there were a battle between a Jedi and a Spartan Jedi wins (Don't say a Plasma Pistol will Plasmatize the Lightsaber because it won't how do you plasmatize a Light?!? you can't) not just because the lightsaber but cause of the force and even if the Jedi doesn't use the force the Spartan will shoot at the Jedi and his bullits would melt before they got to the Jedi now if there were a battle between an ODST and a Clone trooper I think the ODST would win they just seam more tactical and better lets just say theres a couple of Clone troopers patroling the area and four drop pods drop down the Clones are like lets go check it out so they do after they get to one of the drop pods one of the four ODST's probibly sniped them or mightive ambushed the Clones. manly do to the fact that the Republic has Jedi's the Republic would win (Sorry Halo fan boys as much as I would want the UNSC to win they won't) and i'm not even going to go to the vehicles obviosly the Republic would win.
The blades in lightsabers aren't made of pure light. I believe they're actually made of a special kind of plasma from the crystals that are used.

ODST > Stormtrooper

Jedi > Spartan
Lightsabers are made out of plasma contained in a magnetic field like the Covenant's.

And normal humans have taken out Jedi before. I fail to see why a super solider armed with weaponry that has shown to be effective against Jedi would stand less of a chance. Of course that is for the normal Jedi. When we get to the super rare high tier ones (Yoda, Obi Wan, Windu, Starkiller, etc), well that's a different story. Then again, IG-88 once took over the entire Death Star and kicked Palpatine off it by himself so I guess the Spartans could get lucky.
I just realized this but we been fighting about how Halo can beat Star Wars or Star Wars can beat Halo. But who's to say one side can't exploit the other's technology and use it against them? What stops them from doing that?
This, I love star wars but the armies after the clone wars are lead by incompetent fools. I mean let's be serious here guys, in Halo it was very difficult for humans to actually get their hands on covenant tech or Forerunner tech. And when we did we were able to reverse engineer it. In the Star Wars universe they have crap laying around random back water planets that could easily be reverse engineered. And if a few thousand elites boarded a Star Destroyer I'm certain they can take it if the Rebels who use pistols, no shields, and have hardly any fighting skills can do it with small numbers.

And the Jedi weapons would be very ineffective against what the Halo universe use. A lightsaber can deflect a gigantic laser gun that you can literally watch coming towards you. But let's see them deflect a tiny piece of metal that moves at insane speeds. Or lets see them try to deflect concentrated assault gun fire....It would be literally impossible. I'm not so certain they could really deflect the plasma weapons either.....you can just swing heat away like a baseball.

Let's also not forget that smart AI's could probably cause great havoc.
Its on a halo website. So im for halo :)
ChasCT2 wrote:
Malion wrote:
UCO Rhino wrote:
Who would win UNSC or The Republic? my answer would sadly be The Republic because of the Jedi and mass numbers of clones. you can correct me if i'm wrong but I pretty sure the Republic are significantly more advanced then the UNSC... But I think the UNSC might win in a space battle now if there were a battle between a Jedi and a Spartan Jedi wins (Don't say a Plasma Pistol will Plasmatize the Lightsaber because it won't how do you plasmatize a Light?!? you can't) not just because the lightsaber but cause of the force and even if the Jedi doesn't use the force the Spartan will shoot at the Jedi and his bullits would melt before they got to the Jedi now if there were a battle between an ODST and a Clone trooper I think the ODST would win they just seam more tactical and better lets just say theres a couple of Clone troopers patroling the area and four drop pods drop down the Clones are like lets go check it out so they do after they get to one of the drop pods one of the four ODST's probibly sniped them or mightive ambushed the Clones. manly do to the fact that the Republic has Jedi's the Republic would win (Sorry Halo fan boys as much as I would want the UNSC to win they won't) and i'm not even going to go to the vehicles obviosly the Republic would win.
The blades in lightsabers aren't made of pure light. I believe they're actually made of a special kind of plasma from the crystals that are used.

ODST > Stormtrooper

Jedi > Spartan
Lightsabers are made out of plasma contained in a magnetic field like the Covenant's.

And normal humans have taken out Jedi before. I fail to see why a super solider armed with weaponry that has shown to be effective against Jedi would stand less of a chance. Of course that is for the normal Jedi. When we get to the super rare high tier ones (Yoda, Obi Wan, Windu, Starkiller, etc), well that's a different story. Then again, IG-88 once took over the entire Death Star and kicked Palpatine off it by himself so I guess the Spartans could get lucky.
If the Spartans weren't protected by plot armor then I see no reason why Jedis couldn't easily defeat them. Crushing one into a tin can with the force would take seconds if not less.
Malion wrote:
ChasCT2 wrote:
Malion wrote:
UCO Rhino wrote:

ODST > Stormtrooper

Jedi > Spartan

If the Spartans weren't protected by plot armor then I see no reason why Jedis couldn't easily defeat them. Crushing one into a tin can with the force would take seconds if not less.
Which the Jedi will never do because it is out of character for them. Not to mention many of them are not strong enough with the Force to even use it.
ChasCT2 wrote:
Malion wrote:
ChasCT2 wrote:
Malion wrote:
UCO Rhino wrote:

ODST > Stormtrooper

Jedi > Spartan

Which the Jedi will never do because it is out of character for them. Not to mention many of them are not strong enough with the Force to even use it.
You are right. Next best thing, hope it rains and causes a flood.
ChasCT2 wrote:
Malion wrote:
UCO Rhino wrote:

ODST > Stormtrooper

Jedi > Spartan

And Jedi are not really so much "super soldiers" that excel in combat. If a Spartan were to shoot at him from a distance he would not have much of a way to defend against that due to the weapons humans use. And if they were to engage in hand to hand I would still take the Spartan...The Jedi benefit from having super weapons that have no equal in their universe. But we have seen multiple times once that advantage is taken away they are not much more than a very crafty soldier.

If we are talking Stormtroopers this is the point when there are only a handful of Jedi. When there are 300+ Spartans who are all stronger, faster, and better armed than any jedi. The force is a deadly weapon but then again, like the guy above said normal people with weapons that are inferior than a light saber have beaten them.
Halo. Ofcourse. They have the UNSC, Covenant, Forerunners, and the Flood. Just release the flood to destroy them. Then send in the rest for clean up. Mission over halo wins. EASY!
ChasCT2 wrote:
Malion wrote:
ChasCT2 wrote:
Malion wrote:
UCO Rhino wrote:

ODST > Stormtrooper

Jedi > Spartan

Even Luke Skywalker, arguably one of the best Jedi....the coolest thing we saw him do was lift a small ship out a swamp. Given how strong Spartans are I'm sure one could have just picked the ship up and threw it.....
WHY IS EVERYONE FORGETTING THE FLOOD!!!!!!!!!!
ChasCT2 wrote:
Malion wrote:
ChasCT2 wrote:
Malion wrote:
UCO Rhino wrote:

ODST > Stormtrooper

Jedi > Spartan

You're right about that one; Jedis actually have morale. Spartans will follow orders no matter what.

I doubt they would send out Jedis who lack experience to fight. The only time I see them being in battles is if some army from the Halo universe would go out and attack them directly.
We will cause stormtroopers don't have any accuracy :P
Tell that to Kanjiklub. But seriously, the First Order can do the job.
The guys who got beat by a little girl.
An old man.
An old wookie.
A janitor.
And probably about 30 rebel ships, and not star ships small one's......

They had a weapon of mass destruction, a sith lord, and thousands of soldiers....

Their predecessor was even stupid enough to all a weapon the size of a small planet to be blown up by a small missile....
Going back to my other post, 3 way battle, who do you think would win now.
Star war. Duh
Some people have also started talking about the Halo rings. So, common solution, DEATHSTARS.
Halo's are proven weapons that can wipe out life on a galactic scale from great distances.

A Deathstar is a slow moving giant target that can be destroyed with a relatively small invasion force. Let's keep in mind the Covenant had fleets in the thousands and in my opinion has better ships than the Star Wars rebels.
ChasCT2 wrote:
Malion wrote:
UCO Rhino wrote:

ODST > Stormtrooper

Jedi > Spartan

And Jedi are not really so much "super soldiers" that excel in combat. If a Spartan were to shoot at him from a distance he would not have much of a way to defend against that due to the weapons humans use. And if they were to engage in hand to hand I would still take the Spartan...The Jedi benefit from having super weapons that have no equal in their universe. But we have seen multiple times once that advantage is taken away they are not much more than a very crafty soldier.

If we are talking Stormtroopers this is the point when there are only a handful of Jedi. When there are 300+ Spartans who are all stronger, faster, and better armed than any jedi. The force is a deadly weapon but then again, like the guy above said normal people with weapons that are inferior than a light saber have beaten them.
Most are not. However, certain ones are, just see Mace Windu for example.

And you're partially correct on the range thing except for one thing, the high tiers. While rare, they have shown the common sense to take away or destroy a ranged combatants' weaponry to ensure they can get to close range. Meanwhile the mooks (average ones essentially) will just run towards them and likely get gunned down before they reach melee range as has been repeatedly shown throughout both canons.

As for the speed and strength thing, depends on which source. If we use Legends Obi Wan for example, the Spartans are -Yoinked!- as he is fast enough to keep up with a cyborg who can make 1,200 swings a minute and can enhance his strength with the Force.

As for your second post, why should we limit the Jedi to just the movies? If we do that, then it's only fair that we only use the games to judge the Spartans (you know, the same ones that make them worse than drunk high schoolers?) since both are their main source of low ends.
Malion wrote:
ChasCT2 wrote:
Malion wrote:
ChasCT2 wrote:
Malion wrote:
UCO Rhino wrote:

ODST > Stormtrooper

Jedi > Spartan

You're right about that one; Jedis actually have morale. Spartans will follow orders no matter what.

I doubt they would send out Jedis who lack experience to fight. The only time I see them being in battles is if some army from the Halo universe would go out and attack them directly.

Of course that is just for the Jedi. Sith are another story entirely.

And it depends on which Order. The Old Republic and Clone Wars era Jedi did send out Jedi will little to no combat experience while Luke's Order didn't.
I have a question. How many galaxies has halo been in? Like besides the milky way.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 63
  4. 64
  5. 65
  6. 66
  7. 67
  8. ...
  9. 126