Halo vs Warhammer 40k

OP ObjectiveDust4

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 17
  4. 18
  5. ...
  6. 19
What’s the point of halo vs warhammer 40k? people are constantly making halo vs cod, halo vs destiny, and etc, it makes no sense halo is different from all the games it’s compared to, why can’t games just be there own games?
I don’t think halo or any other game should be put against each other it’s pointless.
Some people like to justify how awesome their choice is. I like to compare stats and rob people of their hopes.
What’s the point of halo vs warhammer 40k? people are constantly making halo vs cod, halo vs destiny, and etc, it makes no sense halo is different from all the games it’s compared to, why can’t games just be there own games?
I don’t think halo or any other game should be put against each other it’s pointless.
Some people like to justify how awesome their choice is. I like to compare stats and rob people of their hopes.
Comparing stats makes sense, but I don’t like it when someone says one game is better.
Dude, I just cannot for the life of me figure out where you're getting half of this nonsense.

An Astartes has never been taken out be a 'regular dude with a sword' to my knowledge - and I read a lot of Black Library. I know of instances where considerable amounts of soldiers worked together using powerful weaponry to debilitate an Astartes, many of which died, and the final blow was struck with a sword - but never, ever have I read a story in which an Astartes just went down to a regular human.

Not only that, you're not taking into account the fact that this 'sword' is likely either a -Yoinking!- uber-powered chainsaw tipped with unbreakable metal or a regular sword sheathed in a field designed to part surfaces on an atomic level. It's not just a sword - and that's the thing about the 40k universe.

You see a guy killing a Space Marines with a sword? The truth is, the guy was probably wearing carapace armor, had robotic limbs, was using the grimdark equivalent of a lightsaber and probably had a -Yoinking!- refractor field around him too.

It's a universe of extremes. It's not fair, it's not balanced, and there's no way a standard UNSC Marine is taking down an Astartes in close combat - it's just not happening. The only reason regular soldiers even exist in 40k in the form of the Astra Militarum (regular being using extremely power laser weapons and wearing armor that would be neigh-impenetrable by modern standards) is because they're deployed often millions at a time, supported by a range of -Yoink--OP heavy support - the kind of support the UNSC simply doesn't have. Titans come to mind, as do battle-psykers. Super-heavy tanks like the Baneblade too. And we haven't even touched on the capabilities of the Astartes, Inquisition, Mechanicus and Sororitas.
You might want to sit down for this one

Quote:
"Killed ten months ago, shortly after you left. Slain by a human, of all things. An unlucky thrust with a wooden spear." Argel Tal tapped two fingertips against his neck. "Tore out most of his throat, laid it bare to the bone. I’ve never seen anything like it. Blood of the gods, I’d have laughed if it hadn’t been so pathetically tragic. He bled out before the Apothecaries could reach him, still trying to shout the whole time." *"The First Heretic"*
Behold the grimdark power tech of the wooden spear truly a mighty weapon in the Grimm darkness of the 41st millennium

And here is a regular unaugmented soldier in no power armor sneaking on a space marine, with a claymore:

Quote:
"Gaunt came out from behind the thick tree that provided central support for the platform’s weight. He
put all his strength into the two-handed sword blow. One chance.
Nezera had just enough time to realise a figure had appeared to his right. Then the scalding power
sword of Heironymo Sondar sliced round and through him." - Traitor General
And here is said human again, fighting another marine with a bolter with a sword, and cutting his bolter, with his sword:
Quote:
Gaunt launched himself out of the shadows and swung the power sword at Uexkull. Jerking back at the
last moment, Uexkull raised one gauntlet to deflect the blow. The sword clanged off in a flurry of sparks, the savage rebound stinging Gaunt’s forearms. He tried to reprise, but Uexkull was up on his feet again now. The scything blade cut the end off Uexkull’s bolter. The severed edges of the metal sizzled.
With a deep roar, Uexkull lunged forward, dropping the mutilated weapon and reaching for Gaunt.Gaunt threw himself flat and rolled away.“You little -Yoink-!” Uexkull creaked
Like how does someone with a gun loses to a guy with a sword? Only a space marine knows the answer.

But wait there is more, here is a space marine failing to notice somebody in a tree on top of him dropping a satchel of explosives with his super senses:

Quote:
Her breathing short and panicky, Criid balanced herself between two branches, legs splayed, and looked
down.
The Marine was almost directly beneath her, firing on anything that moved.

Criid plucked the satchel off her shoulder, weighed it in her hands as a test, and then pulled out one of the tube-charges. She
knotted the satchel strap around the charge as a counterweight, then pulled off the twist of det-tape and threw the bag down.

It spun in the air. Her aim was dead on. The loop of the satchel landed around the Marine’s neck.

The tube detonated.
But wait there is more, here is a marine getting hit by a damned arrow, an arrow:

Quote:
The second partisan fired his bow weapon and died a moment later as one of the bolt rounds struck his chest and detonated. But the partisan’s quarrel had punched through the radiator vanes of the Chaos Marine’s helmet.

He staggered backwards, dropping his bolter with a heavy thud. Blood was gushing from under the snout of his helmet where the quarrel had stuck, transfixed. He clawed at his snout with both hands, making monstrous, squealing noises that were amplified by his suit’s vox-system.
A well trained human can slap an arrow away, and the funny part is that I can do this all day, but I'm getting to the character limit here, so to the point.

If space marines, or chaos space marines, can be defeated by regular humans, then spartans will be having a waaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy easier time taking them down, specially if the Spartans are armed with actual weapons and not the regular ones that they give to regular marines, in fact they might even find it to be a walk in the park.
Your examples are great but your reasoning is flawed.

As was stated above, Astartes arent immortal indestructible killing machines, they do die, and often, but your logic is simply that these few specific cherrypicked situations, out of HUNDREDS of other examples of baseline humans getting thoroughly spanked by Astartes like bloody children = "well I guess Spartans could kill Astartes lelelel".

This is fundamentally wrong & I'm sure you know it. Mjolnir does so much heavy lifting for Spartans that it makes the argument redundant. An Astartes could kill an armoured Spartan while naked, conversely depending on the author the Marine gets bodied & the Spartans wins by getting a lucky shot in their eye or some such.
So, I think we all figured out that Halo thrashes Mass Effect. But, how does it far against the most OP of them all, Warhammer 40k?

Both Galaxies are combined by an act of ROB and both sides are identified. Old Races such as the Forerunners, Precursors and Ancient Humanity return, and W40K unifies to beat the Halo Universe. The Halo Universe does the same.

All Races of Halo are present. All the races in Warhammer 40k are also present, but C'Tan and Chaos gods are not included as that's too unpredicatable a factor.

Rules
All races are at their peak
No gods or Halos(Solar System weapons are fine as races from both universe had these and could do this easily)
uh... Halo. The Forerunners are OP AS HECK
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 17
  4. 18
  5. ...
  6. 19