Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Halo Wars 2: Awakening the Nightmare-The Flood!!!!

OP TRUe REDEMPTI0N

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
We've gotten the trailer for the Campaign DLC of Halo Wars 2: Awakening the Nightmare here. The big part of the trailer is the the Flood is returning!!! This is massive news!!!! The Floooooooooood!!!!!!!!
i must say, while I do regret the season pass due multiplayer being dead on pc, Banished campaign + flood makes me pretty tempted to buy it.

However, being the flood on the Ark, i sort of doubt we'll learn or experience too much new.
i must say, while I do regret the season pass due multiplayer being dead on pc, Banished campaign + flood makes me pretty tempted to buy it.

However, being the flood on the Ark, i sort of doubt we'll learn or experience too much new.
I think it will be a small breakout, not on a galactic scale.
Kinda has to be a small breakout that the Banished (and presumably the Spirit of Fire) prevents from spreading. 'Cause the whole underpinning lore surrounding the Flood is the godlike imperial species preceding the existing societies couldn't handle a full outbreak.

This'll probably be "we're trapped in a particular sector of the Ark underground, we've used our control of the Ark to lock all the exits. We need to figure out how to escape so we can have the Ark mash this sector into paste."

But I would like to be wrong at least to some extent. Maybe get some Gravemind action, to remind everyone that he's obviously not dead. May be tip the hat about the future full-fledged return of the Flood.
Q: The season pass mentions additional campaign missions – is that the same thing as Halo Wars 2: Awakening the Nightmare?
A: No, Halo Wars 2: Awakening the Nightmare is a separate, full expansion for Halo Wars 2.

Hmmmm...

Edit: Nevermind, Grim cleared things up on twitter.
Seems very interesting!
The fact that the Flood are back has me sooo freaking happy.
The fact that the Flood aren't playable has me sooo freaking sad.

I've waited 80 years for the Flood's return. And it's finally happening!
I just really hope the Campaign doesn't end with the Flood eradicated. Because that'll be really disappointing for the near future (I really don't want to wait until Halo 7 or, Didact-forbid, Halo 8 to fight the Flood again in a main title).
Halo Maaan wrote:
The fact that the Flood are back has me sooo freaking happy.
The fact that the Flood aren't playable has me sooo freaking sad.

I've waited 80 years for the Flood's return. And it's finally happening!
I just really hope the Campaign doesn't end with the Flood eradicated. Because that'll be really disappointing for the near future (I really don't want to wait until Halo 7 or, Didact-forbid, Halo 8 to fight the Flood again in a main title).
Sadly, I think this will be a small outbreak and have no real impact on the galaxy at large. I think the major return of the Flood will be later down the line.
wait so there WAS some halo stuff at E3?
wait so there WAS some halo stuff at E3?
They had this trailer today, but not part of the actual conference.
Probably a prequel?
Probably a prequel?
Nope, Grim already described it. The Flood spores come from the ruins of High Charity. Apparently the half built I04b missed some.
Probably a prequel?
Nope, Grim already described it. The Flood spores come from the ruins of High Charity. Apparently the half built I04b missed some.
When is it set, then? Post HW2?
Probably a prequel?
Yes,the Spirit of Fire and Banished are still fighting when the Banished discover the Flood.
Probably a prequel?
Apparently it takes place a few months after Halo wars 2.

Q: When do the events of Halo Wars 2: Awakening the Nightmare take place?A: The events of Halo Wars 2: Awakening the Nightmare take place just a few months after the end of the events in Halo Wars 2. The war for control of the Ark continues to rage on and the Banished will do anything to regain the upper hand over Captain Cutter and the brave troops on board the UNSC Spirit of Fire. This willingness to risk it all, however, can have serious consequences in a place as ancient and dangerous as the Ark.
I think its absolutely awesome that they included the flood into Halo Wars 2! Its probably late in the DLC game to also include an expansion to Halo 5's Warzone Firefight. Like Warzone: Infestation, or just Warzone: The Flood. You and your team fend off waves of flood forms. A map could be called Quarantine, snow and everything, like the level from H2.
the flood will always be a part of Halo. We will always see it or hear about it somehow.
Probably a prequel?
Remember, Halo doesn't kill Flood, it kills their food. The survival of spores and lesser Flood is not beyond the scope of believability, based on what we know about how Halos work.
Halo Maaan wrote:
I've waited 80 years for the Flood's return.
It's been eighty-four years...This does introduce several problems. The Banished don't have the means to glass the Ark to contain the Flood, so it's not going to be a small outbreak. And even then, how with the Spirit of Fire return without introducing the galaxy to the Flood again? How will this affect Cortana's plans for gallactic peace?
Halo Maaan wrote:
I've waited 80 years for the Flood's return.
It's been eighty-four years...This does introduce several problems. The Banished don't have the means to glass the Ark to contain the Flood, so it's not going to be a small outbreak. And even then, how with the Spirit of Fire return without introducing the galaxy to the Flood again? How will this affect Cortana's plans for gallactic peace?
Reinforcements arriving? A hidden cache of NOVA bombs?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3