Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Have you seen: Ignatio Delgado?

OP master chief 7v

Good day Ladies, Gentlemen, and Spartans of all ages! Today I thought that I would ask a question about an often overlooked, yet really cool character. that being Ignatio Delgado, a rebel turned Navy officer featured as a main character in the 2008 novel, Halo: The Cole Protocol. ever since this particular installment, I have not seen anything of him. Halopedia cites his only appearance as being in The Cole Protocol. So Now I would like to ask, would any of you want to see him again in the future? I'm curious to see your thoughts.
Good day Ladies, Gentlemen, and Spartans of all ages! Today I thought that I would ask a question about an often overlooked, yet really cool character. that being Ignatio Delgado, a rebel turned Navy officer featured as a main character in the 2008 novel, Halo: The Cole Protocol. ever since this particular installment, I have not seen anything of him. Halopedia cites his only appearance as being in The Cole Protocol. So Now I would like to ask, would any of you want to see him again in the future? I'm curious to see your thoughts.
There are a decent amount of interesting characters who have only had one appearance,I doubt we will hear from him again
I would love to see him show up in a novel about some operation during the Covenant War as a supporting character or even just a cameo. Maybe like a wing commander or ODST officer during one of the lesser known space or ground engagements. Books like Silent Storm really opened up the possibilities for going back and expanding on characters like Delgado. I was kinda hoping for an appearance in Halo Envoy but wasn't expecting one.
Just finished listening to Cole Protocol. I would love to learn what happened to Delgado! Did he ever replace his uncle’s customized pistol? How would he feel about the post Human-Covenant conflicts? It would be cool if he ran into Veta Lopis’ ferret team. There are so many ways he could make an appearance.
You get a like for that bit of title nostalgia. As for the question, I prefer novels focused on classic Covenant characters other human-based ones. However he was an interesting character and seeing him change was new for the time. Seeing more of him would be okay with me.
While I do like Delgado, as far as Im concerned, his story is more or less finished. Bringing him back would just place his previous "happy ending" into jeopardy. Similar to how Buck and Dare were clearly meant to get married and settle down following the events of Halo 3: ODST, but both end up having their stories artificially lengthened for the sake of fan service.

I'd rather we just make new characters and stories.
To be honest, if he did survive the Covenant War, then he would probably have died when the Created took over.