Forums / Community / Halo Universe

How did the Spirit of Fire appear at the ARK

OP JAKES7777

Does anybody know how the Spirit of Fire manged to appear at the ARK in Halo Wars 2 without a slipspace drive?
Still unknown, but many believe it was Mendicant Bias
I think it's mentioned somewhere in the Pheonix logs that the Ark is capable of scanning for ships in the MWG and opening slipspace portals throughout it to the Ark. My guess is the Auditor did it or MB did it.
The only real mention of it in game was that they had arrived there by slipspace portal, though because they lacked a slipspace drive, this should have been impossible.

Here is my 2 cents: The Ark appears to have some self awareness (cough Mendicant Bias cough cough) it seems, as it shut down the portal to Earth, seemingly in an attempt to prevent Cortana from accessing it (though likewise, it could have been a defense mechanism that kicked in after her Guardians shut Earth down).

Maybe the Spirit was drifting toward a planet that once had a Forerunner presence, and sensing the Spirit, drew it in, and activated a slipspace portal to the Ark, maybe in an similar attempt to stop the Banished from gaining control of it (cough cough, more Mendicant Bias cough cough cough). Adding to this, maybe there's another portal on the Ark that links to another planet, similar to Earth's.

My own 2 cents, hopefully one day, we are answered this question. And hopefully one day, they bring back Mendicant Bias.
The only real mention of it in game was that they had arrived there by slipspace portal, though because they lacked a slipspace drive, this should have been impossible.

Here is my 2 cents: The Ark appears to have some self awareness (cough Mendicant Bias cough cough) it seems, as it shut down the portal to Earth, seemingly in an attempt to prevent Cortana from accessing it (though likewise, it could have been a defense mechanism that kicked in after her Guardians shut Earth down).

Maybe the Spirit was drifting toward a planet that once had a Forerunner presence, and sensing the Spirit, drew it in, and activated a slipspace portal to the Ark, maybe in an similar attempt to stop the Banished from gaining control of it (cough cough, more Mendicant Bias cough cough cough). Adding to this, maybe there's another portal on the Ark that links to another planet, similar to Earth's.

My own 2 cents, hopefully one day, we are answered this question. And hopefully one day, they bring back Mendicant Bias.
I'm pretty sure the guardians emp blast shut down the portal on earth
Got pulled into slipspace and ended up at the Ark.

I'm pretty sure the guardians emp blast shut down the portal on earth
Except that Halo Mythos says, or at least hints, that was was a defensive mechanism, to specifically prevent Cortana from reaching the Arc.
So far all that is onown is that a portal from the ark opened up and Drew the spirit in. It could have been MB (we all know it is) or it could have been something else. We will probably learn more in HI or an upcoming book/comic.
I think it's mentioned somewhere in the Pheonix logs that the Ark is capable of scanning for ships in the MWG and opening slipspace portals throughout it to the Ark. My guess is the Auditor did it or MB did it.
Thank you, i think i need to read all the Halo Wars 2 Logs

I Think these are two amazing Theories. and i too agree it must be Mendicant Bias.
JAKES7777, please do not post multiple times in a row/bump threads. If you have something to add you can always edit the first post. Thanks.
I hope it's not MB. I like MB and all, but I like the idea that he sacrificed himself on Installation 04b to help Chief escape it, as the final Halo 3 terminal states. I'd prefer that to him having survived and influencing further events.
JAKES7777, please do not post multiple times in a row/bump threads. If you have something to add you can always edit the first post. Thanks.
thanks i did not know you can edit a post, this is most helpful