Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Universe

[Locked] How do you want to see the flood return?

OP MAGGOTMARINE

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. 13
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. ...
  9. 16
If Cortana releases them in H6, or if they have to use the Flood to take out the Prometheans.
Techarch 1 wrote:
If Cortana releases them in H6, or if they have to use the Flood to take out the Prometheans.
Prometheans are machines with AI built into them.. I don't think they can host a parasite seeing as they aren't "living" themselves.
It's been too long since I've killed the life consuming parasites
I would love to see it come back!
Personally I have some ideas for it.
Have to player controlled flood that has ability's the run on walls or jump farther like they did in the games. Also throw some ai in like spore carriers, Behemoths, or even add some new Permethian Flood enemys, A Flood mode needs to have more than just player vs. player. other wise it just feels like a weird slayer variant. Can't call it Flood if we can't Drown our opponents in a flood of ourselves
I want flood because a video game like halo always has to have a flesh eating parasite/monster!!
Halo 6
Mission 12: The Domain

After fighting our way through the forerunner domain in an all out assault to stop Cortana's forces (something epic and difficult, so we feel exhausted.), Chief and whatever spartans came with have her surrounded. It's over. And then, as Master Chief tells Cortana to stand down, one of the Spartans (Locke?) says:

"We have waited for this day. We have stayed ourthirst.
Now at last, we can reveal our final curse."

And then every Spartan besides Chief screams in pain, doubles over. One of them manages to say one final thing: "Chief... run."

And then they start to turn. Right in front of our eyes, until they resemble the H2A infected spartan. A slipsace rupture appears in the distance. Infinity. Before you can fight, you see a blue flash, and you're teleported somewhere else in the domain. Maybe back to genesis. A voice inside your helmet. "John?"

Cortana explains what she can. Sleeper spores. The forerunners encountered them, but they were never widespread. She's not sure how they managed to infect as much of infinity's crew as they did, or how John was immune. Regardless, she dumped herself into your armor. She had to. If the flood can corrupt an AI and give it access to the domain... it's over.

Cortana's responsible for a lot, but neither of you have any choice now. One last mission. Stop the flood.
Fighting the covenant, the Prometheans, and the FLOOD all in one game? HELL YEAH!
I think the Flood will return in the Infinity. The UNSC Infinity isn't strictly a battleship, but an incredible mobile headquarters for every branch of the UNSC. It can carry FRIGATES inside of it. Think of the UNSC Savanna from Halo: Reach, multiply it by six, and shove them inside the Infinity. Yeah, it's that big. Seeing as the Infinity is a hub for weaponry, vehicles, wartime strategy, and even spartan training, there is sure to be space dedicated to science and extra-terrestrial study. The flood will return when an imprisoned Kig-Yar (Jackal) escapes from the Infinity's brig, and stumbles into the science wing. It knocks over a large shelf full of cryogenically preserved specimens kept in jars, one of which is a flood infection form. After regaining motor skills, the infection form kills the jackal and infects it. Three marines run into the science wing after hearing a large commotion. Using the jackals biomass, the infection form reproduces itself into more infection forms. The Marines never saw it coming. Long story short, the Infinity's cargo bay and residential areas are being run-over, and it comes to Blue Team and the Spartan-IVs to contain the infection. Do any of you watch The Walking Dead? It will be like the prison, except in space lol.

Just a thought. It seems plausible
Firefight possibly
SlNkk wrote:
Hope they return. Prometheans fights against flood would be awesome with their teleport abilities!
Flood enemies in warzone. Now we're talking
If a spartan dies, they could become a flood form like in Halo 4... That way, we could have Infection, AND Flood (Gamemode) return! Everyone could be happy, and the dead players in warzone wouldn't have to leave, or spectate a 20 minute game.
I can see both sides if the argument for this one
Yea, i'm expecting this whole cortana/guardian war to end or at least kinda kick into motion another flood outbreak, but in my thoughts it might be the flood teaming up with the AI's since the AI's aren't the flood's typical living sense of food. Hell, the only reason we even got cortana back from the flood in halo3 was because we needed her, we could have left her and she would have been fine for quite a while.
I am worried the Flood will be a cliff hanger....
I want to be in the middle of a large room and see them and hear them swarm in with no way of surviving....(use a character that WILL die in this mission...maybe a grunt? The one from CE that's in the rain forest campaign mission when the flood was first introduced)

However, I don't believe they should come back... I'm pretty happy with the Prometheans.
I really want them to come back
Draconys wrote:
Yea, i'm expecting this whole cortana/guardian war to end or at least kinda kick into motion another flood outbreak, but in my thoughts it might be the flood teaming up with the AI's since the AI's aren't the flood's typical living sense of food. Hell, the only reason we even got cortana back from the flood in halo3 was because we needed her, we could have left her and she would have been fine for quite a while.
Thats pretty much what happens with Mendicant Bias. ;)

Ideally though I d rather we didn't have her switch to helping the Flood, even under the influence of the logic plague. Ideally I would want Chief to figure that he can use Cortana to defeat the Flood to give her a redemption arc and Chief a reason to be a hero and go against the UNSC. Once she's cured of logic plague that is.
I don't really want to see them return honestly... unless it's the gametype. The Prometheans would most likely destroy them even if they did come back.
:D
The Flood are extremely easy to run through especially with a shotgun but they were somewhat fun to fight at times and made for easy campaign missions on Legendary.
Tazzman29 wrote:
I don't want to see the Flood return...ever
Awh, come on. It's so fun to explode the little pieces of popcorn. And besides, energy shields shall protect us! (Sidenote: For only a little while... >.>)
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 11
  4. 12
  5. 13
  6. 14
  7. 15
  8. ...
  9. 16