Forums / Community / Halo Universe

how does cortana speak?

OP Nebula SK

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Vytlo5569 wrote:
I would assume Cortana speaks via the comms and can choose who can and can't hear her, kind of like how Chief isn't just normally talking to all the Marines he encounters and such, it's his helmet projecting his voice.
There's also a radio system in the marine helmets, so they don't need to be within ear-shot of his helmet speakers.
MysticKami wrote:
Vytlo5569 wrote:
I would assume Cortana speaks via the comms and can choose who can and can't hear her, kind of like how Chief isn't just normally talking to all the Marines he encounters and such, it's his helmet projecting his voice.
There's also a radio system in the marine helmets, so they don't need to be within ear-shot of his helmet speakers.
I know, I just meant how she can talk right through the comms but can also just speak directly to a person nearby as well.
I always assumed that she spoke to John directly using the neural interface in his armor, but never really thought about how she speaks to him when she's outside of his armor or how she speaks to others when she is in his armor. I do like the explanation of speakers built into the armor. I haven't read many of the novels, but based on some of these responses, that's the canon explanation, which makes a lot of sense to me. I really gotta read more of the novels, there's fascinating stuff in them.
The feeling of someone else speaking inside your mind must be terrifying for the first time.
What puzzles me is how she is able to interface with almost any type of system...even Forerunner ones so easily.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2