Forums / Community / Halo Universe

How long can Spartans Breathe in space?

OP UnerringPig04

I have noticed that Master Chief has been in space a lot of the time and I wondered how long can he stay there until he runs out of oxygen and how does it work?
Since MIOLNIR suits are vacuum-sealed and are equipped with a life support system, I'd say Chief can last a while.
MJOLNIR is stated to have enough oxygen to last 90 minutes.
EvilKeny28 wrote:
I heard 2 hours. More than likely though stuff like Orbital, EVA, and other various void-hardened suits can carry extended amounts, and possibly even re-breathers for further increases.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
Master chief has been in space multiple times.
EvilKeny28 wrote:
I heard 2 hours. More than likely though stuff like Orbital, EVA, and other various void-hardened suits can carry extended amounts, and possibly even re-breathers for further increases.
On halo escalation Naomi pointed out that she can be in total vaccine for a little over an hour
I have noticed that Master Chief has been in space a lot of the time and I wondered how long can he stay there until he runs out of oxygen and how does it work?
That depends, with the habitat or without?
What ever Master chief used when he gave the covenant back their bomb.
What ever Master chief used when he gave the covenant back their bomb.
Compressed O2 micro canister built into his helmet with a CO2 scrubber to make it last longer
There are also other factors, such as temperature and pressure, also radiation resistance. Helmet is too little. Unless this combat suit the Spartan has is a fully operational astronaut protective gear of the future, which would make it very costly and a bizarre choice to use on missions within earthlike environments.
EvilKeny28 wrote:
On halo escalation Naomi pointed out that she can be in total vaccine for a little over an hour
Naomi in Escalation?
EvilKeny28 wrote:
EvilKeny28 wrote:
Naomi in Escalation?
I think it was escalation I know it was before I read the thursday war and after the Mona lisa...not helping
Either way that is what she said
She said it to vas and mal just before they tried to take the PI from the kig-Yar that where themselves trying to take it from naomis father and again from telcam before he launches his invasion on Vadam
There are also other factors, such as temperature and pressure, also radiation resistance. Helmet is too little. Unless this combat suit the Spartan has is a fully operational astronaut protective gear of the future, which would make it very costly and a bizarre choice to use on missions within earthlike environments.
The armor has that all.Its hardend against radiation and EMP.
Its costly,but you want to make sure that your most expensive troops can get the best equipment and can adapt to diffrent scenarios very fast.
EvilKeny28 wrote:
EvilKeny28 wrote:
Naomi in Escalation?
I think it was escalation I know it was before I read the thursday war and after the Mona lisa...not helping
She said it to vas and mal just before they tried to take the PI from the kig-Yar that where themselves trying to take it from naomis father and again from telcam before he launches his invasion on Vadam
Naomi was never in the escalation comics. I think you mean she said it in Glasslands, maybe.
EvilKeny28 wrote:
EvilKeny28 wrote:
EvilKeny28 wrote:
Naomi in Escalation?
Naomi was never in the escalation comics. I think you mean she said it in Glasslands, maybe.
That's what it was...

My bad been reading a lot and have had a lot happen as well for me...