how long will the Created plot go for?

OP TRUe REDEMPTI0N

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
I thought i heard that this was a new trilogy. So hopefully thiey end this whole AI revolution thing with six. Then The Covenant should rise up and be even more powerfullll than before.
The Dnend Legion
Oh the Didact will return. Who do you think is pulling Cortana's strings and corrupted her?
Herself.
BL0ODY JAW wrote:
I love the chief and have since Halo CE - that said, it might be time to wind down his story and let the poor guy enjoy a bit of peace in retirement.
That would leave it possible to have a fresh start with a new hero or team of hero's. Perhaps starting you out from your first mission as a Spartan. You could even have John in charge of the training program.
Just thinking out loud!!!
That would work.
I see why you guys are mad, the plot of Halo 5 didn't match Halo 4 that much, but i see why they did it. Unlike some of you guys they as a company look ahead and the future of the game, and Halo 6 coming maybe in 2018 or 2019 i can see Halo wars 2 tieing into the reclaimer saga, and hopefully Halo 6 will be awesome with more Spartans and the best story. But I don't it to end there, Halo is awesome so i would like to see some more games to come out after Halo 6. 343 is learning from their mistakes and Halo 6 is gonna be awesome!!
Hopefully it ends in a cut scene before halo 6 lol I hate fighting the created crap. I would rather a whole new threat that tries to take over the halos and the unsc and swords team up against them. To throw in the old covenant faction just say millions of them joined the new enemy in exchange of tech territory and power. Just look at how Warhammer 40k handles it's universe and its factions, there's all kinds of enemy types and variety. STOP BEING LAZY 343!!
Oh the Didact will return. Who do you think is pulling Cortana's strings and corrupted her?
Herself.
Play the last level of h4 and see how the didact seems fascinated by her.
I was really disappointed to hear about what happened to the didact. IMO he should have been in H5, but in the end he was put him in a book.
Well Brian Reed (halos current lead writer for both the games and literature) has a reputation for low quality storylines and even worse conclusions.

It's almost as if he didn't pay attention and barely passed his English Lit classes lol.

But, unless we see a dramatic change in writing style for Reed or the introduction of a better writer ( here's hoping Joe Staten come back into the fold) I don't see a shift in the way the narrative is going.

I don't have anything personally against Reed, I just don't like his writing style. It's as if he wants to write stories like Quinton Terrentino; where it makes the viewer think outside of the box. The only problem with that is that he just doesn't have the story telling ability to achieve that same level of narrative and mystery.

On the topic of Staten; he is back, to some extent, with MS and 343 since his separation/release from Bungie. He did write Broken Circle (awesome book btw) so maybe he can take over or, at very least, guide/mentor Reed into a better writer overall.

Hope we see it in the next set of lit and games
Is he involved in hw2 in any form? Lol I really hope not cause so far that storyline seems pretty nice...
Herself.
Honestly if Cortana was being manipulated by someone I think we'd have had some hints by now. The only thing that might still be a thing is the Domain itself (seeing as it's Precursor). Definitely not the Didact.
Herself.
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/universe/characters/didact
Sorry I don't think he's returning.
Herself.
Can't open the link on mobile. But I'm pretty sure he was "contained" if u telling me he's deceased we also thought cortana was too. I don't think 343i would just finish him in a book, they aren't that stupid? :-/
Herself.
Can't open the link on mobile. But I'm pretty sure he was "contained" if u telling me he's deceased we also thought cortana was too. I don't think 343i would just finish him in a book, they aren't that stupid? :-/
Yeah apparently he was turned to "digital essence" by blue team or whoever. Blue team reunited to fight the didact. That would have been sooo much better IMO than fighting warden eternal god knows how many times in the campaign.
Hopefully halo 6 will be the last time we see this created junk and go back to good helper ai and get back to exploring the forerunners and the didact.
Hopefully halo 6 will be the last time we see this created junk and go back to good helper ai and get back to exploring the forerunners and the didact.
We don't even need an AI helper anymore - we got real Spartan teammates for that now. Cortana can go out with the trash that is the rest of this "created" storyline.
Herself.
He also seems fascinated with John too. You could argue an influence from the Didact, but I'd sooner say they share an ideological connection more than an overt one.
There is one thing I like about it. It shows how much humanity relies AIs for their lives. It will be interesting to see...can humanity pull through when their smart phones turn against them?
I hope it actually will continue... Unlike the Janus Key Arc... Or atleast not be dropped like Jul Mdama in the begining of Halo 5.
I just hope it ends in Halo 6. It would have been better if Forerunner AIs try to take the Mental, not human's.
Well Brian Reed (halos current lead writer for both the games and literature) has a reputation for low quality storylines and even worse conclusions.

It's almost as if he didn't pay attention and barely passed his English Lit classes lol.

But, unless we see a dramatic change in writing style for Reed or the introduction of a better writer ( here's hoping Joe Staten come back into the fold) I don't see a shift in the way the narrative is going.

I don't have anything personally against Reed, I just don't like his writing style. It's as if he wants to write stories like Quinton Terrentino; where it makes the viewer think outside of the box. The only problem with that is that he just doesn't have the story telling ability to achieve that same level of narrative and mystery.

On the topic of Staten; he is back, to some extent, with MS and 343 since his separation/release from Bungie. He did write Broken Circle (awesome book btw) so maybe he can take over or, at very least, guide/mentor Reed into a better writer overall.

Hope we see it in the next set of lit and games
My question is if he has a reputation for poor quality work why the heck did 343 Industries hire him for such an important job. I know 343 Industries has a reputation as a whole for less than acceptable work but to purposefully hire someone with a bad reputation as an individual? That seems really weird to me.
Cortana being the 'enemy' of Halo 6 would have been a great plot point. Going evil I'd argue is within her character; she is after all, an AI- but with human elements. Like in iRobot, logic dictates that the best way to prevent death is strict control. I also believe the AI joining her is logical, as the promise of immortality to any sentient being would make you do unspeakable things. Unlimited power and immortality have made Cortana believe what she is doing is right. And it's such an awesome dynamic, which could have made for such a good story. She's based of Halsey after all, a woman considered a "good guy" who kidnapped and formed an army of child soldiers.

But I strongly dislike the way this plot has gone for one simply reason. And that is they not only brought back Cortana; whose resurrection makes Chief's grief, and Halo 4's plot pointless, but they didn't use any off these great topics; the corruption of power, sentient lifes quest for immortality, selling ones soul for it etc. Instead, Cortana is back cos "marketing" and she's evil being "plot twist" and those are essentially the reasons given in the story.

I have optimistic hopes for 343 in Halo 5. They listened to the fans in the lead up to Halo 5, which led to the mess we got. But I think they've really grown as a company over Halo 5's life, and look at the game we have now. It's great. They really listen to the fan base, and I think they've realised there mistake. I think Halo 6 while won't be able to completely repair the damage of Halo 6, could make a for a great story if they delved deeper into things like this.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4