Forums / Community / Halo Universe

How much does a mjolnir system cost?

OP triple 259772

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I think I heard that the Gen1's cost as much as a Destroyer, while the Gen2's cost as much as a Pelican. Considering how surperior a S-IV is compared to a generic, redshirt marine, I'd say that's a pretty good investment for the UNSC.
Nobody has yet to answer with a guesstimate in dollars lol, including me.
Probably because we don't really have an idea of what the cost would be in cR.

I think the closest we have for a conversion rate is how a real-life M67 grenade is something like 30 bucks, while the M9 grenade from Halo is 30 cR. Of course, for the real-life counterpart, I'm not sure if that's the cost of the materials needed to produce the grenade. So, maybe the conversion rate is something like 1:1.

Although, from what I've heard, you could get a military Humvee for less in dollars than what the Warthog costs in cR. And considering how minimalistic the Warthog is in terms of protection, you'd think it'd costs substantially less.
I always theorized that 4 US Dollars was equal to 4 Credits.
I deduced this from the fact that in Headhunters, they bet 20cR, and it's apparently not uncommon for people in the military to bet $5
20cR / $5 = 4cR per $1 (simple enough)
Nobody has yet to answer with a guesstimate in dollars lol, including me.
Probably because we don't really have an idea of what the cost would be in cR.

I think the closest we have for a conversion rate is how a real-life M67 grenade is something like 30 bucks, while the M9 grenade from Halo is 30 cR. Of course, for the real-life counterpart, I'm not sure if that's the cost of the materials needed to produce the grenade. So, maybe the conversion rate is something like 1:1.

Although, from what I've heard, you could get a military Humvee for less in dollars than what the Warthog costs in cR. And considering how minimalistic the Warthog is in terms of protection, you'd think it'd costs substantially less.
Sometimes marines will make bets and say "I bet 20cr..." which might be a direct conection to the classic "I bet $5..." so we can assume that 1cr = 25 cents
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2