Forums / Community / Halo Universe

How to Defeat the Guardians?

OP LbonB312

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Like we saw in the ending of Halo 5, just one Guardian can effectively disable multiple ships, so how will a weapon of necessary firepower be able to even be used against it if it can't work? And even if a Spartan could get aboard it, there isn't exactly an interior to it or a big flashing ball that can bring the whole thing down if you punch it a few times.
No idea, this is one of the reasons why the Guardians aren't very appealing.
Besides from the hundreds of AIs that defected; perhaps thousands or even millions of more advanced and better Prothmean warriors, now your Guardians can bascially steam-rolled everything that stands in its way.
There's no appeal for this enemy. The covenant has its flaw despite being so unified and so advanced. The Created is just a dumb Skynet on steroids.
I think the point is that they can't be defeated by conventional means. If they could, then they'd have been useless for the job the Forerunners designed them for. As it stands, I think the most-likely way of stopping them is something that would have been unthinkable to the Forerunners, destroying the Domain. Specifically going to the center of Maethrillian shutting down or destroying Abaddon, the Precursor AI whose memory is the Domain.

Without the Domain, it is likely that the Guardians would go inert, being as they have no commands to follow, and without the Domain, it is doubtful that they could be given any commands that would have the authority for them to obey.
If the Infinity could attack one by surprise, then I think that they could take one out with the ship's MAC.
There's no way to fight them directly. The only way to win is to somehow buy time, gather resources and intel and then cut the head of the snake so it's body will die. So we have to get past Guardians and hit Cortana directly.

Also I'm sure Cortana has an access to far more powerfull war machines than guardians.
Headshot with the pistol from Halo CE.
i hate to say it. but the answer is probably to kill cortana
JNDreher wrote:
I think the point is that they can't be defeated by conventional means. If they could, then they'd have been useless for the job the Forerunners designed them for. As it stands, I think the most-likely way of stopping them is something that would have been unthinkable to the Forerunners, destroying the Domain. Specifically going to the center of Maethrillian shutting down or destroying Abaddon, the Precursor AI whose memory is the Domain.

Without the Domain, it is likely that the Guardians would go inert, being as they have no commands to follow, and without the Domain, it is doubtful that they could be given any commands that would have the authority for them to obey.
This.
And since going up against Abaddon ends in misery... well... what's the other way to cripple the Domain?
SC Matt 7 wrote:
JNDreher wrote:

This.
And since going up against Abaddon ends in misery... well... what's the other way to cripple the Domain?
This could be pretty neat way to bring halos back to the storyline. Maybe low power firing at the right moment could do the trick?
maybe they could make an "anti halo" that only kills ais
You may find it useful to read this old thread as I believe it tell us that the Guardians can be defeated and have been, long ago and it say they are controlled by her. [extract below]

The Guardians awaken. Those ancient constructs now serve her. Have they forgotten their lineage?
//ERROR MESSAGE NOT FOUND//
/.
/.
…..seed for Line Installation….
…..connection to the Domain. Protectors and enforcers….
…..advanced slipspace manipulation devices….
…..used against my creators long ago…..
//ERROR MESAAGE NOT FOUND//
…..gained them the upper hand in the final conflict…..
Have you ever heard of a nova?
maybe they could make an "anti halo" that only kills ais
That is not a very grate idea.
StillEuan wrote:
You may find it useful to read this old thread as I believe it tell us that the Guardians can be defeated and have been, long ago and it say they are controlled by her. [extract below]The Guardians awaken. Those ancient constructs now serve her. Have they forgotten their lineage?
//ERROR MESSAGE NOT FOUND///./.…..seed for Line Installation….//ERROR MESSAGE NOT FOUND//…..connection to the Domain. Protectors and enforcers….//ERROR MESSAGE NOT FOUND//…..advanced slipspace manipulation devices….//ERROR MESSAGE NOT FOUND//…..used against my creators long ago…..//ERROR MESAAGE NOT FOUND//…..gained them the upper hand in the final conflict…..
I think the post you linked is just a fan-creation, evidenced by it being on the Community Creation page, and by these responses from Sec3.
stckrboy wrote:
Where is our resident Section 3 nerd and moderator stckrboy when you need him? Hopefully he could try to explain (or lock) this.
I'll admit it was 5am when I first saw this and skimming the topics the did look the same, though it's not ideal having stuff like this spread all over the forums. Certainly fan based, not anything from Sec 3 or 343.
stckrboy wrote:
...and Sec3 denies it's them or one of their agent provocateurs. Of course that's what what you'd expect in a misdirect campaign, so I take that dismissal with a grain of salt.
It's 100% nothing to do with us. The last stuff we worked on was Hunt The Signal, or possibly the Destiny ARG if that came after
Part of the problem with Halo 5's writing. They've made the Guardians seem impossible to defeat; meaning the only way they'll be defeated is through some convoluted excuse.
two words nuke them
JNDreher wrote:
StillEuan wrote:
You may find it useful to read this old thread as I believe it tell us that the Guardians can be defeated and have been, long ago and it say they are controlled by her. [extract below]The Guardians awaken. Those ancient constructs now serve her. Have they forgotten their lineage?
//ERROR MESSAGE NOT FOUND///./.…..seed for Line Installation….//ERROR MESSAGE NOT FOUND//…..connection to the Domain. Protectors and enforcers….//ERROR MESSAGE NOT FOUND//…..advanced slipspace manipulation devices….//ERROR MESSAGE NOT FOUND//…..used against my creators long ago…..//ERROR MESAAGE NOT FOUND//…..gained them the upper hand in the final conflict…..
I think the post you linked is just a fan-creation, evidenced by it being on the Community Creation page, and by these responses from Sec3.
stckrboy wrote:
Where is our resident Section 3 nerd and moderator stckrboy when you need him? Hopefully he could try to explain (or lock) this.
I'll admit it was 5am when I first saw this and skimming the topics the did look the same, though it's not ideal having stuff like this spread all over the forums. Certainly fan based, not anything from Sec 3 or 343.
stckrboy wrote:
...and Sec3 denies it's them or one of their agent provocateurs. Of course that's what what you'd expect in a misdirect campaign, so I take that dismissal with a grain of salt.
It's 100% nothing to do with us. The last stuff we worked on was Hunt The Signal, or possibly the Destiny ARG if that came after
stckrboy is just a fan too as are all the Sec3 guys. It was 1st April though but it could be true
Cortana could deactivate them, right?
Cortana could deactivate them, right?
If she wanted to, she could. The problem is that she's bought into the Forerunners misunderstanding of the Mantle, so she actually thinks her purpose is to end all war through threat of superior force.
How to defeat anything forerunner....Just use star roads
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3