Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Humans in the Banished?

OP TRUe REDEMPTI0N

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
We know the Banished is composed of Jiralhanae, Sangheili, Lekgolo, and Unggoy. Something that would be really cool is if turns out there are some Humans also in the Banished. I'm sure the SoF and we would be surprised if Humans are fighting under Atriox.
I sure hope so. We need to see more examples of humans working alongside non-humans, I believe. Even if it's as part of a faction that for now is antagonistic. I think it's a positive cultural message for our fiction to send about inclusiveness. (Even if it goes over the head of 99% of the players anyway.)

It'll be even cooler to have humans in the Banished if, by the end of HW2, they become an ally. I'd like to see a galactic alliance of the UNSC working more closely with former Covenant races against the Created.
Its possible. The Banished reminds me of the Keepers of the One Freedom (Halo: Last Light).
They have access to Mjolnir schematics and many other technological goodies. The Keepers have allies amongst all the species.

Atriox seems to be looking for power. He might need a few Reclaimers to help him with his goal.
Sp00kyM0nk wrote:
Its possible. The Banished reminds me of the Keepers of the One Freedom (Halo: Last Light).
They have access to Mjolnir schematics and many other technological goodies. The Keepers have allies amongst all the species.

Atriox seems to be looking for power. He might need a few Reclaimers to help him with his goal.
Idk how they remind u of the keepers besides the spartan schematics. ...the keepers only had brutes and humans in there ranks
Sp00kyM0nk wrote:

?Atriox seems to be looking for power. He might need a few Reclaimers to help him with his goal.
Idk how they remind u of the keepers besides the spartan schematics. ...the keepers only had brutes and humans in there ranks
No, the keepers also had jackals. They might have grunts, but I don't think it's mentioned.
Sp00kyM0nk wrote:

?Atriox seems to be looking for power. He might need a few Reclaimers to help him with his goal.
No, the keepers also had jackals. They might have grunts, but I don't think it's mentioned.
Don't ever remember jackals being mentioned
Only 2 human frigates went to the ark and most the humans either died or went back to Earth if anyone was left there isn't enough humans to form any significant units but it would be cool if one of Atriox's lieutenants was a human who would harass you throughout the campaign.
Sp00kyM0nk wrote:

Don't ever remember jackals being mentioned
Quite a few times:
"And once the slender torso of a Kig-Yar flopped out over a sill."
"Pebbly face of a Kig-Yar peering"
"Are lot of Jiralhanae and Kig-Yar"

Just a few quotes I quickly found
it would be neat to see
I wish that this could have happened
Let that alone.
ONI in the banished.
Now, THAT would be a real enemy (something not seen since Halo 3).
elGocsila wrote:
Let that alone.
ONI in the banished.
Not sure how the Covenant in Wars, ODST, Reach, 4, Assault, Strike, and 5 are not real enemies.
Sure, as mentioned above, Atriox is all about going for a massive powergrab following the destruction of the Covenant and the confusion and strife that has followed. I could see him trying to ally himself with some of the more radical insurrectionist groups by promising them control over conquered UNSC sectors. A lie, to be sure, but there are plenty of innies that would gobble an offer like that right up.
It would be cool to see the insurrection join the Banished... if they're even still out there rebelling against the UNSC lol they even have the same colors.
tuhin94 wrote:
elGocsila wrote:
Let that alone.
ONI in the banished.
Not sure how the Covenant in Wars, ODST, Reach, 4, Assault, Strike, and 5 are not real enemies.
I mean, ODST and Reach are before 3, Assault and Strike are literally a simulation (I just felt like playing a game.. in a game, which even has different gameplay) and the covenant in 4 and 5 are less than a bad joke. The banished have a lot of potential, and adding humans would reflect more than they are a different and more unique faction. I also like the idea of the insurrectionists becoming part of the banished to fight the UNSC.
elGocsila wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
elGocsila wrote:
Let that alone.
ONI in the banished.
I mean, ODST and Reach are before 3, Assault and Strike are literally a simulation (I just felt like playing a game.. in a game, which even has different gameplay) and the covenant in 4 and 5 are less than a bad joke. The banished have a lot of potential, and adding humans would reflect more than they are a different and more unique faction. I also like the idea of the insurrectionists becoming part of the banished to fight the UNSC.
I hope we see this. I think that the humans who would join Atriox are those that are just tired of war, and are looking for a way to survive.
You forgot Lek'golo but yes I imagine small factions of humans (insurrectionists) would be adopted into the Banashied but with the way Atriox speaks of humans I imagine they'd be treated how the brutes were in the covenant. I'd love to see humans in Sang'heli styled gear!
Definitely a possibility. I feel like there would be scores of insurrectionists that would have Atriox's ideology, and would flock to the Banished...and Atriox I'm sure would be thrilled to have them.

I kind of hope this happens sometime in the future.
Sure, as mentioned above, Atriox is all about going for a massive powergrab following the destruction of the Covenant and the confusion and strife that has followed. I could see him trying to ally himself with some of the more radical insurrectionist groups by promising them control over conquered UNSC sectors. A lie, to be sure, but there are plenty of innies that would gobble an offer like that right up.
I definitely could see Atriox appealing to insurrectionist groups. But as far as it being a lie, I'm not so sure. Atriox is a brilliant leader, and brilliant leaders know they catch more flies with honey. If he were to lie to the insurrectionists, he would just create another enemy down the line. So I could see him promising the insurrectionists control over certain UNSC sectors and then making good on that promise. It would only serve to solidify his reputation as a brutal but fair leader and bring more insurrectionists to his cause. He would still maintain overall control of the Banished, but would have loyal human commanders below him.
Found this on the banished wiki page on Halopedia:
Atriox has no animosity towards humans,and is technically open to recruiting them, though the Banished's violent culture and conditions of service make them unattractive to many humans.Banished chieftains have spread their power beyond Jiralhane colonies and into human territory, an unknown number of human criminals have been influenced and may have joined the Banished.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2