Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Hyper lethal in the official spartan manual field

OP TOVAR MASTER4

hey guys :D i just want to know if this quote from the official spartan manual field is right:
"During these early conflicts, the Master Chief cemented his legendary status. John-117's Blue Team fought on dozens of besieged worlds, buying valuable time for orderly UNSC withdrawals and civilian evacuations, and leading strikes deep into the heart of the enemy forces to destroy key ships and eliminate Covenant commanders. Due to their extraordinary successes in the face of overwhelming odds, the Spartan-IIs and the Master Chief are rated as "hyper-lethal" by ONI tactical analysts." pg 57.
Yes, it is correct. The term "hyper-lethal" was originally used for Noble Six and Chief exclusively, but was little more than marketing jargon to hype up the then-new playable character for Reach. Since then, the term has been reallocated to all Spartans.
tL Armada wrote:
Yes, it is correct. The term "hyper-lethal" was originally used for Noble Six and Chief exclusively, but was little more than marketing jargon to hype up the then-new playable character for Reach. Since then, the term has been reallocated to all Spartans.
Which makes sense, given how the books made it clear that Chief's main strength compared to other S-II's was leadership, and halo 3 claimed was luck. Neither of which really says 'he's the best guy at killing' like Bungie originally tried to use Hyper-Lethal as.
tL Armada wrote:
Which makes sense, given how the books made it clear that Chief's main strength compared to other S-II's was leadership, and halo 3 claimed was luck. Neither of which really says 'he's the best guy at killing' like Bungie originally tried to use Hyper-Lethal as.
One of the novels states that while Master Chief isn't the smartest or the fastest, or the strongest, he's the best balance of all of the spartans' merits. That means he was technically the best spartan 2.
hey guys :D i just want to know if this quote from the official spartan manual field is right:
"During these early conflicts, the Master Chief cemented his legendary status. John-117's Blue Team fought on dozens of besieged worlds, buying valuable time for orderly UNSC withdrawals and civilian evacuations, and leading strikes deep into the heart of the enemy forces to destroy key ships and eliminate Covenant commanders. Due to their extraordinary successes in the face of overwhelming odds, the Spartan-IIs and the Master Chief are rated as "hyper-lethal" by ONI tactical analysts." pg 57.
by the way i was talking about if this quote was told in this book xd someone that have this book can corroborate?
I hadn't spotted it, but that is a very good example of the long row back from the poorly thought out application to Noble-6 and trying to put him and Chief on a pedestal.
by the way i was talking about if this quote was told in this book xd someone that have this book can corroborate?
I have it, and yes, that is in the Manual on page 57.
tL Armada wrote:
I have it, and yes, that is in the Manual on page 57.
tenkiu <3
tL Armada wrote:
Makes sense.
JNDreher wrote:
tL Armada wrote:
One of the novels states that while Master Chief isn't the smartest or the fastest, or the strongest, he's the best balance of all of the spartans' merits. That means he was technically the best spartan 2.
I think this is what drew so many people to the Master Chief as a character, even before he really had any character to speak of (back when he was just a "ghost in the shell" for the player). He wasn't a jack-of-all-trades master-of-none. He was a master-of-all-trades. It's the ultimate power fantasy.