Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Universe

I hope shadows of reach gives six a Easter egg

OP pugwash1

After all the cover is referring to the original fall of reach book cover so why not have a line or something in there that refers to halo reach and noble six as far as we know six’s helmet is still in the ground on reach
I'd rather not, because then we'd just have to deal with FRESH 'BUT NOBLE 6 IS ALIVE!!!111" threads that point to the book as their 'irrefutable proof'.
I'd rather not, because then we'd just have to deal with FRESH 'BUT NOBLE 6 IS ALIVE!!!111" threads that point to the book as their 'irrefutable proof'.
im more like saying like one of blue team fins his helmet and dog tags in the ground im not on the train that six is alive no six is dead no way could he be still Alvie
It doesn't matter if you're in that camp or not, it would just galvanize and encourage the stubborn individuals that ARE in the 'NOBLE 6 IS ALIVE!!!1' camp and only cause more of those stupid threads to clog up the forums.
I'd rather we don't get any sort of mention of Noble Six. If the community was a bit different and wouldn't blow it all out of proportion, then I'd be all for it. But we clearly aren't capable, as a community, of simply letting certain characters stay dead. I know it's a bit of a meme to say that Noble Six is alive, and I once found that meme funny. Now it's just annoying.

I'd honestly be perfectly fine with the moderators instituting some sort of punishment for someone mentioning that Noble Six is alive. Like a 24 hour ban if you make a thread or post suggesting that the dude has anything other than a flat line heart beat. For some unknown reason we've gotten like a half dozen threads in the last couple days bringing it up.
pugwash1 wrote:
After all the cover is referring to the original fall of reach book cover so why not have a line or something in there that refers to halo reach and noble six as far as we know six’s helmet is still in the ground on reach
The problem with reference to Six in general is that everything about Six was customisable by the player.

Literally the only things that could be pointed out are his broken helmet, his affiliation with Noble Team and his Spartan III status. We dont even know if his armor survived besides the helmet.

It would be a nice nod to the character and I hope we get more characters like Noble Six (silent protags who are frequent in cutscenes with armor you can change) but most references to them in canon are scarce on purpose.
In the Cannon Fodder that talked about Shadows of Reach, they say:

"There are elements that touch on Halo: The Fall of Reach, Halo: First Strike, and even the game Halo: Reach that we hope fans will be pleased with."

So it's definitely possible.
Maybe Master Chief and Blue Team find Six' helmet in the wastelands.
I'd rather we don't get any sort of mention of Noble Six. If the community was a bit different and wouldn't blow it all out of proportion, then I'd be all for it. But we clearly aren't capable, as a community, of simply letting certain characters stay dead. I know it's a bit of a meme to say that Noble Six is alive, and I once found that meme funny. Now it's just annoying.

I'd honestly be perfectly fine with the moderators instituting some sort of punishment for someone mentioning that Noble Six is alive. Like a 24 hour ban if you make a thread or post suggesting that the dude has anything other than a flat line heart beat. For some unknown reason we've gotten like a half dozen threads in the last couple days bringing it up.
Let's not stop there and also punish the rampant necroposts and asinine comments that crop up far too often.
Spoiler:
Show
Why don't they just find noble 6's corpse and put an end to the rumors once and for all?
I had no idea these talks were even going on, just found about them.

Let's not stop there and also punish the rampant necroposts and asinine comments that crop up far too often.
Spoiler:
Show
Ha love the Spoiler. As for the necroposts, I'm okay with someone messing up and commenting on an old thread. It happens by accident sometimes. Maybe a three strike rule before going for a punishment on that one.

And OP, I wanna be clear I'm not dogging your idea. It would be great if we could have a Noble Six nod without having a bunch of people start speculating on his status, but alas that is exactly what would happen.
I want them to do what they did with Rookie in New Blood. 343 and Bungie have already said he is gone, so give us a reference to THAT. Make it obvious. Then all of these '6 is alive' threads could die.
Why don't they just find noble 6's corpse and put an end to the rumors once and for all?
This would almost definitely end the threads, and finally confirm what has already been confirmed
To be honest, I am actually hoping for some kind of Reach (game) reference in the book, such as the fall of New Alexandria, or Halsey commenting on the structure under Sword Base.

IIRC, Lore wise we have been to Reach after the Fall, in First Strike for instance. But in terms of Reach related content that has been released, I think the game might be the last time we were there.
Now that the game has given new details to various conflicts and engagements that took place during the Fall, it would only make sense for them to reference them. Maybe even a wee explanation as to how the invasion was kept under wraps for so long?

I wouldn’t mind a nod to Noble 6, like Chief acknowledging that he was aware of the other Spartan.
Anything more would have the potential to bring the ‘cult of survival’ out of the woodwork, and we’d see a flood of new non-constructive posts, and people begging 343 to put 6 in Infinite.
Then people will want to see Noble Six’ ghost lol
Same here mate, but I wouldn't mind getting a multiplayer map on the destroyed reach with his helmet somewhere as an easter egg, or like the skull on a level in Reach is actually his cracked helmet (I'm going for the standard grey you start out as) just something that couldn't be tied to actual cannon but is a fun nod to the game because let's face it, we're going back to reach and Joseph Staten who made the still unsolved halo 3 odst easter eggs. you better believe we're getting some sort of easter egg reference to the game XD. Basically I just wouldn't mind some sort of node to the game that isn't tied into the campaign or lore so nobody gets offended or goes bad -Yoink- crazy thinking the spartan is alive
That would be great, 6 needs more love.