Forums / Community / Halo Universe

If the Didact was in Halo 5, what would you do?

OP TRUe REDEMPTI0N

Halo 4 finally gave us a living Forerunner in the games, the Ur-Didact. Was so awesome to finally 1 of them in a game. He didn't get much screentime and wasn't really the focus of the game, as it was on Chief and Cortana and their relationship. Then in Escalation he came back and fought Chief again along with Blue Team, and got composed. His current status is currently unknown. Brian Reed confirmed the Didact was supposed to be in the game but at some point removed. However, say you were in charge of the narrative at 343 and the lead writer. If the Didact was going to be the main villain again, continuing the conflict, where would you take him? I myself would have him get into contact with a secret pocket colony(ies) of Forerunners still in existence. He would convince them Humanity needs to be wiped out, and that the Forerunners need to bring the galaxy back into order and stability. The way they would go about this is by using the Guardians. I would have make the Didact essentially the co-lead of the game's story with Chief, giving them both great screentime along with showing their similarities. Just my 2 cents, what'd you think?
The only real logical way that he would have worked is if his composed essence was the Warden Eternal. He hates Cortana's rampant fragment and while still having to serve her, he's trying to kill Chief, Blue Team, Locke and the Three Stooges. That's the only real way it would have worked while maintaining canon.
I would go into Firefight and eff him up. (I liked the didact in Halo 4 so I would be super excited to see him in H5)
I’m not too sure of what I would since the Didact is such a powerful being and would be very hard to kill once more and he would probably be even more overpowered if he was composed into the essence of cortana and would be as powerful as cortana is now since she has the power to EMP worlds and I think the guardians can also destroy worlds as well and also do as the rings do but I think if he would of came back In halo 5 it would of been a great fight and struggle to defeat him like last time tho Chief had struggled a bit last time it was the rest of the UNSC that took the biggest hits from them since most were marines that died in battle or innocent civilians being killed on other planets or outer colonies but I think Chief and Rest if blue team could destroy him again especially with the extra help of team Osiris even though a lot of people didn’t like them as much as Team Blue
The only real logical way that he would have worked is if his composed essence was the Warden Eternal. He hates Cortana's rampant fragment and while still having to serve her, he's trying to kill Chief, Blue Team, Locke and the Three Stooges. That's the only real way it would have worked while maintaining canon.
This makes a lot of sense and honestly, I would have loved that inclusion/revelation.
It really would have worked better, given they never really explain who the Warden is outside of SCARY ROBOT TERRIBLE BOSS FIGHT MAN. Having him be the Composed Didact would have worked and helped at least make the terrible writing of Halo 5 be a bit better.
Instead of making the Ur-Didact a antagonist in Halo 5 Guardians as while I really, really dislike what 343i went with going with the Created Uprising which is basically Space Skynet. I'd leave that story alone as after his defeat by a Human Warrior. I really doubt the Ur-Didact would want to go back so soon after being handed a disgraceful defeat and instead his presence would be minor in H5G.

The Ur-Didact would still be around but instead of having a role in the Created and Cortana's Uprising. He is instead searching for any information that may lead him to finding survivors of the Ecumene. He's been away 100,000 years and surely some of his people may have survived in the galaxy they exiled themselves to even though it is unlikely at this point in time but anything is possible.

Terminal voice recordings would be used to convey to us the Ur-Didact is still out there. Kind of like that unnamed Builder we found recordings about in-game.
Well, as much as I'd 343i to just come out and say 'hey, we messed up, Halo 5 isn't canon' or 'lol, it's just a dream sequence', I think OP means in confines to Halo 5's core campaign story.

Otherwise it's just writing fanfiction.
Halo 4 finally gave us a living Forerunner in the games, the Ur-Didact. Was so awesome to finally 1 of them in a game. He didn't get much screentime and wasn't really the focus of the game, as it was on Chief and Cortana and their relationship. Then in Escalation he came back and fought Chief again along with Blue Team, and got composed. His current status is currently unknown. Brian Reed confirmed the Didact was supposed to be in the game but at some point removed. However, say you were in charge of the narrative at 343 and the lead writer. If the Didact was going to be the main villain again, continuing the conflict, where would you take him? I myself would have him get into contact with a secret pocket colony(ies) of Forerunners still in existence. He would convince them Humanity needs to be wiped out, and that the Forerunners need to bring the galaxy back into order and stability. The way they would go about this is by using the Guardians. I would have make the Didact essentially the co-lead of the game's story with Chief, giving them both great screentime along with showing their similarities. Just my 2 cents, what'd you think?
I think if he was in halo 5 the universe would end lol
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I think something related to the didactic will be in halo infinite
Not sure they will, as they're trying to make this game accessible for new players. Having a character like the Didact in there would be a bit too convincing for them.
Not sure they will, as they're trying to make this game accessible for new players. Having a character like the Didact in there would be a bit too convincing for them.
Thats why I said ‘like the didact’ haha a forunner AI called mendican bius (can’t spell it) is one of the reasons the didact is one of the last living forerunners since he took part in the activation of the halo rings, also mendican got taken apart and his core is meant to be on the installation 06 witch I believe is the halo ring in infinite.

PS: yeah your not wrong about the new players thing but it’s 50/50 since 343 is now in control over how strong they want the lore to be, since the didact was in halo 5 personally I wouldn’t be surprised if they kept it going for the old halo fans.
Thats why I said ‘like the didact’ haha a forunner AI called mendican bius (can’t spell it) is one of the reasons the didact is one of the last living forerunners since he took part in the activation of the halo rings, also mendican got taken apart and his core is meant to be on the installation 06 witch I believe is the halo ring in infinite.
You're thinking of the Iso-Didact. He was the one who activated the array. The Ur-Didact was in a cryptum at that point, courtesy of the Librarian. As far as the ring in Infinite, at this point it's more than likely Installation 07. I can't remember if that's been confirmed yet, but I know it has been heavily hinted at in both trailers released thus far.
Well, as much as I'd 343i to just come out and say 'hey, we messed up, Halo 5 isn't canon' or 'lol, it's just a dream sequence', I think OP means in confines to Halo 5's core campaign story.

Otherwise it's just writing fanfiction.
This ^

But seriously, H5 should just be retconned just to make 343's life easier
You're thinking of the Iso-Didact. He was the one who activated the array. The Ur-Didact was in a cryptum at that point, courtesy of the Librarian. As far as the ring in Infinite, at this point it's more than likely Installation 07. I can't remember if that's been confirmed yet, but I know it has been heavily hinted at in both trailers released thus far.
No I’m thinking of Ur-Didact since he was the last living forerunner even though he was inside the cryptum core, The Iso-Didact or the Primoris Prognatus did not live through the first halo event. An yeah I wasn’t to sure on what installation it was thanks for clearing that up.