Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Universe

If you were the TV showrunner, who’d be the focus?

OP TRUe REDEMPTI0N

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I would write it politically focused. Minimal action.
One option at least. Another is going big with scale, politics, action like the above. However I would do something I want to call emotional scale. Take the wonder, epicness, science, and philosophy of Halos story and give it emotional heft. Lots of comedy as well.
My top 3 choices:

1. I want Nathan Fillion and Mike Colter for a Spartan-IV show. Complete with ODST flashbacks.
  2. Headhunters. They're one of my favorites in the lore, so it'd be a show about a new pair every season due to their short lifespans and high risk missions. Get some Colonel Ackerson/Kurt Ambrose/Chief Mendez scenes during training flashbacks. And to top it off some Operation Prometheus references and images to show the alternative to being a Headhunter.
  3. The Harvest Campaign. About mostly Admiral Cole and his fleet, but also including Marines and what not involved in ground battles.
Those are interesting choices, but as for your second point there are a few things I want to touch on, firstly, Headhunters typically have short lifespans, yes, but how many seasons could the show last if they die at the end of each season? There wasn't a great many Headhunters that served through the war (but there was 17 at all times, 6 teams of 2, and 5 kept as rotational members) as Ambrose and Mendez could only pull so many out of the mainline companies. Another thing tomention is that they didn't always die on missions, particularly if they were very skilled. Also, there were Beta Spartan-IIIs drafted as Headhunters too (such as Roland and Jonah in the Headhunter short story), and it wasn't just Alphas which your post only mentions.

Lastly, I just want to say I'm sorry if this comes off a bit brash, but I'm just really passionate about Spartan-III lore and I just wanted to polish up your second point, but apart from the minor inconsistencies, I think it is a good point
I understand. But I didn't mention solely Alpha company. I didn't mention any company to be specific. And I know about all that lore for Headhunters, but I feel like that type of series would still be interesting. Sure not all of them need to die, but to have a show where the main characters typically die by the end of a season would be great and different. There could be a part about Jun when he was one before joining Noble. My point is the series doesn't have to be very long, especially if you make it the type that has different themes every few seasons.
To clear the up the part highlighted in bold, I know you didn't solely mention Alpha Company, but in the section where you discuss the alternative to being a Headhunter, you only mention Op: Prometheus (that Alpha ompany undertook). I don't know if this may have just been an oversight, but regardless, you could have the same for Op: Torpedo that the mainline Beta Company undertook in the same scene?
I was just quoting one for example dude... It was like midnight when I made the post already in bed.
One option at least. Another is going big with scale, politics, action like the above. However I would do something I want to call emotional scale. Take the wonder, epicness, science, and philosophy of Halos story and give it emotional heft. Lots of comedy as well.
I know one person who does comedic relief in Halo very well, but is his OG VA (voice actor) up for it? Would be a shame if Johnson did make an appearance in future Halo media but Scully didn’t voice act for him.
I know one person who does comedic relief in Halo very well, but is his OG VA (voice actor) up for it? Would be a shame if Johnson did make an appearance in future Halo media but Scully didn’t voice act for him.
Johnson showing up will be fun. Bringing new comedic characters is better imo.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2