Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Is Haloverse the most powerful Sci-fi Universe?

OP ui876will

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. ...
  7. 6
DC Ambrose wrote:
  • Doctor Who
  • Downstreamers
  • The Culture
  • Warhammer 40k
  • Star Wars
  • Xeele
  • Halo
  • Starcraft
  • Star Trek
  • Mass Effect
  • Aliens/Predator/Prometheus
However, given that most of the top are rather science-fantasy instead of science fiction (breaking realism almost completely), I'd say Halo is one of the most powerful realistic sci fi universes, bar the Precursors/Flood though.
Also, to the bolded, if you read the books you would know how insanely powerful the Hive itself is. The Hive is essentially the power behind the throne, as the creatures we know as 'xenomorphs' are literally just the result of the beings unfortunate enough to come into contact with the 'source-code' of an interdimensional hyperconsciousness that they converted into a physical manifestation. It was noted in The Female War and Genesis that Hivemothers have the ability to drive people insane from lightyears away. The "Mala'kak" were drawn from another galaxy by the psychic parasite, after this they converted the signal into a biological weapon by essentially performing alteration surgery upon that dimension. They also used similar methods to seed life on Earth in Prometheus.
Wtf? Where does that information come from? It's obviously not canon....

I mean.... Xenomorphs being the product of a hyperdimensional consciousness? Seriously what?
Warhammer just seems to be super OP in every sense
Not as OP as halo or xeelee. The forerunners will bring the Imperium to their knees quite easily. Even Covenant can do this.
  • Doctor Who
  • Downstreamers
  • Xeelee
  • The Culture
  • Halo
  • Star Wars
  • Warhammer 40k
  • Mass Effect
  • Starcraft
  • Star Trek
  • Aliens/Predator/Prometheus
Not as OP as halo or xeelee. The forerunners will bring the Imperium to their knees quite easily. Even Covenant can do this.
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Take the Imperium of Man's Earth... I'm not a lore expert by any means for Warhammer, but I watched a video on Earth's defenses a while back. To list a few things, the moon is a fully weaponized space station, battle ships the size of continents patrol the Solar System, the Imperial Marines are bioengineered to the point of being practically their own species with ridiculously powerful armor that could likely snap Mjolnir like a twig, and there's a cordon around the entire system made up of dreadnoughts, mines, and all sorts of crazy stuff.

There's just no comparison between the two universes in terms of power. And that mostly has to do with the fact that Halo sticks relatively close to the threshold between science fiction and science fact, all things considered, while Warhammer said "screw that" and went full blown crazy with the science fiction.
Warhammer 40k, by far. People that say otherwise are forgetting factions like the Eldar, who are basically the tech equivalent of Forerunners, and definitely forgetting about the Necrons and the Old Ones.
I mean I think the universe really comes down to each person’s opinion. I feel that Halo is gaining it’s prominence once again though now that 343 have pulled their socks up and started to fix things they’ve done wrong.
I wouldn't be so sure about that. Take the Imperium of Man's Earth... I'm not a lore expert by any means for Warhammer, but I watched a video on Earth's defenses a while back. To list a few things, the moon is a fully weaponized space station, battle ships the size of continents patrol the Solar System, the Imperial Marines are bioengineered to the point of being practically their own species with ridiculously powerful armor that could likely snap Mjolnir like a twig, and there's a cordon around the entire system made up of dreadnoughts, mines, and all sorts of crazy stuff.

There's just no comparison between the two universes in terms of power. And that mostly has to do with the fact that Halo sticks relatively close to the threshold between science fiction and science fact, all things considered, while Warhammer said "screw that" and went full blown crazy with the science fiction.
Usually what is known about the Warhammer fractions, and especially the Imperium, is an exaggeration or hyperbole. Often this is due to the fact that fans of the Imperium, due to their love for the fraction built on selective passages from many books, stop to noticing flaws. To begin with, the Imperium does not have its own ships the size of a planet. Even the phalanx may be a legacy of DAOT.
Those who speak of the planetary designs of the Imperium often forget about the Rings of Abundance Covenant, which were located on the remote worlds of the Covenant. The Space Marines need special armor for landing from low orbit, while the Spartans do it at ease. The Covenant has hundreds of ships larger than any of the Imperial Glorians.
The forerunners built full-fledged dyson spheres around the stars, while mgalekgolo could become their weapon against the flood.
Yes, these little worms multiply faster than a person is capable of and do not require anything that a person might need. They are more than capable of killing a Spartan. Their fuel guns are quick-firing analogs of the melt, and armor is a complete replacement for the terminator armor. They can replace any of their organs. They are a cross between gun platforms and infantry. They are mobile and can attack in close combat, can bend to the ground and lean out due to shelter. And they do all this very quickly.
Covenant vehicles are more than a match for the Imperial Titans, and their ships are capable of using their reactor - a miniature supernova as a weapon destroy planets. Covenant shields are actually capable of withstanding terratonic firepower with ease. I love warhammer more than halo, but I understand that this is not a utopia for humanity and can give a healthy assessment.
Usually what is known about the Warhammer fractions, and especially the Imperium, is an exaggeration or hyperbole. Often this is due to the fact that fans of the Imperium, due to their love for the fraction built on selective passages from many books, stop to noticing flaws. To begin with, the Imperium does not have its own ships the size of a planet. Even the phalanx may be a legacy of DAOT.
Those who speak of the planetary designs of the Imperium often forget about the Rings of Abundance Covenant, which were located on the remote worlds of the Covenant. The Space Marines need special armor for landing from low orbit, while the Spartans do it at ease. The Covenant has hundreds of ships larger than any of the Imperial Glorians.
The forerunners built full-fledged dyson spheres around the stars, while mgalekgolo could become their weapon against the flood.
Yes, these little worms multiply faster than a person is capable of and do not require anything that a person might need. They are more than capable of killing a Spartan. Their fuel guns are quick-firing analogs of the melt, and armor is a complete replacement for the terminator armor. They can replace any of their organs. They are a cross between gun platforms and infantry. They are mobile and can attack in close combat, can bend to the ground and lean out due to shelter. And they do all this very quickly.
Covenant vehicles are more than a match for the Imperial Titans, and their ships are capable of using their reactor - a miniature supernova as a weapon destroy planets. Covenant shields are actually capable of withstanding terratonic firepower with ease. I love warhammer more than halo, but I understand that this is not a utopia for humanity and can give a healthy assessment.
Wow the Warhammer universe is quite interesting... I've considered trying to jump in, but have no idea where to begin lol.

But there are a few points you made that I want to comment on. Spartans can't jump from low orbit with ease. On the contrary, many of them died while inserting from low orbit over Reach. Most of the rest were badly injured. Granted, a damaged pelican didn't help the matter, but they jumped from the Pelican I believe when they were below low orbit. Otherwise, the Chief using a drop pod when inserting on Delta Halo would have been a waste of a drop pod if he could just walk off the In Amber Clad and achieve the same result.

Also, the nuclear reactors aboard UNSC and Covenant ships aren't capable of destroying entire planets. One was used to destabilize Installation 04, but that was hardly an entire planet. The only weapon capable of demolishing a planet would be the Nova Bombs of the UNSC. I can't speak to the Forerunners, though I would agree they probably have plenty of weapons capable of destroying planets.
I consider myself very well-versed in the Star Wars universe, even more so than in the Halo universe, but Halo's sci-fi universe can easily rival that of Star Wars in my opinion.
most powerful sci-fi universe is definitely Warhammer 40K. that's a universe where even a ship's lightest weaponry that can destroy planets
Wow the Warhammer universe is quite interesting... I've considered trying to jump in, but have no idea where to begin lol.

But there are a few points you made that I want to comment on. Spartans can't jump from low orbit with ease. On the contrary, many of them died while inserting from low orbit over Reach. Most of the rest were badly injured. Granted, a damaged pelican didn't help the matter, but they jumped from the Pelican I believe when they were below low orbit. Otherwise, the Chief using a drop pod when inserting on Delta Halo would have been a waste of a drop pod if he could just walk off the In Amber Clad and achieve the same result.
Drop pod is used for directional landing. In damaged armor in halo 3, the Chief landed on Earth. Noble 6 was pitched to Reach where gravity is higher than on Earth as a measure of his salvation.
Quote:
Also, the nuclear reactors aboard UNSC and Covenant ships aren't capable of destroying entire planets. One was used to destabilize Installation 04, but that was hardly an entire planet. The only weapon capable of demolishing a planet would be the Nova Bombs of the UNSC. I can't speak to the Forerunners, though I would agree they probably have plenty of weapons capable of destroying planets.
First, the Covenant does not use nuclear reactors on its ships. Their reactors are miniature supernovae. The energy from the birth of a supernova is more than enough to turn Earth or another planet in our solar system into steam. This is pinch fusion reactor: https://www.halopedia.org/Pinch_fusion_reactor
Covenants are able to use it not only as an energy source for their weapons, but also as a projectile.
Secondly, are you sure?

Quote:
Her focus was on a large outcropping of rocks about two hundred meters away. But the longer she ran, the farther away they seemed. Please don’t glass the moon, please don’t glass the moon. A thread of panic started to unwind and she felt thrust back to a time when glassed planets were a horrifying reality. She had no idea who was attacking the Roman Blue or what capabilities they had, but she was praying like hell that the plasma beam was directed at a single target and not the entire moon. Part of her wanted to break silence and call in Ace for immediate retrieval, but that was the anxious Rion talking, the scared Rion. The sane part of her knew the plasma beam would’ve been a hell of a lot more intense and encompassing if the intention was to glass Eiro. It wouldn’t make sense to use a concentrated beam on the Roman Blue and then proceed with complete lunar destruction

Smoke and Shadows (pg. 32)
If a small Covenant ship (CCS) at full power from an energy projector is capable of destroying a moon with gravity sufficient for people to walk on it, imagine what CSO will be capable of, which is two thousand times larger.

most powerful sci-fi universe is definitely Warhammer 40K. that's a universe where even a ship's lightest weaponry that can destroy planets
Yes? It is interesting because of which, if a projectile dispersed to a fraction of the speed of light is lighter than the ship of the Imperium of the NOVA cannon, which is installed exclusively on large ships due to its kinetic energy, it will not be capable of such. Its power will still be in the petatonic or exatonic range. Hell, the planet killer could only cause an explosion in the core of Saven, but did not destroy the planet, like a celestial body.
While small covenant walkers are capable of this:

Quote:
“You two lug-heads know what a plasma drill can do, right?” Niko asked, leaning past Rion. “If left long enough, the thing could eventually cut clean through to a planet’s core. Destroy worlds. Any of this ringing a bell?” (Gay, Kelly. HALO: Renegades)
I wouldn't say the most powerful for example Star Wars legends has some very powerful beings in it.
As others have said the Warhammer universe is far more OP, but in terms of similar universes the Forerunners and Precursors usually give Halo the edge in power levels.
Many franchises have their own god-like beings with no canonical known upper limit to their power. That being the case, it is impossible to say that over-all, one is the most powerful. Omnipotence vs omnipotence = stalemate.

If you're ignoring literal gods, then Halo is definitively top tier with a few others. It's one thing for a franchise to have a weapon they SAY can wipe out life in a stellar system or galaxy, but it's another thing entirely to actually do it. And Halo is one of the ONLY franchises that has actually used a super-weapon to purge the entire galaxy of organic life in an instant.

I believe the Forerunners with their technology, if treating conflict with another universe as a war as opposed to a police action, would hold their own, if not trounce almost any non-deity enemy. I've read nearly all of the Halo lore, and they have a canonical counter to just about everything. But more importantly, I believe Halo is one of the best written franchises in the top tier of power.

In contrast, 40k is bloated with hyperbole, and when you strip it down to what actually fits into a coherent narrative, its power level really isn't above other top-tier universes.
If you're talking about which universes has beings that can literally do anything they like, that would go to The One Above All from Marvel and Azathoth from the H.P Lovecraft universe and several others. Though I don't if Azathoth can do anything else besides dream of everything that exists.

Halo though is significantly more powerful than your average sci fi universe but we still don't know much about the Precursors and most of what we do know is through the eye of the Foreruners. They're described quite like Godly beings being able to bring into existence indestructible structures with just a thought so it's possible the Precursors might be actual Gods.

This video should quickly sum up wh40k for you it's a pretty cool universe: https://youtu.be/UsdAIhPy2Zc
No. Very powerful standard species, they would do well against most standard enemies; but consider just Star Trek - the original series, every other episode had some god-like being that could warp reality on planetary/galactic/universal scales on a whim. Heck pretty much any of these this vs that can be ne by Star Trek with but one letter: Q.
"Do not underestimate the Force."
Its up there thats for sure. But to be entirely fair it was made from the outset to be a fairly realistic, military shooter. No super fantastical crazy stuff. Other than the Forerunners anyway, and even they didn't get full crazy until later in the series.

No trappings of drama or lack of restrictions like some other series. It just...is. And somehow that makes it work.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. ...
  7. 6