Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Is the Forerunner Dreadnought really gone?

OP JJAB91

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
And could we see it return in the future?

I mean yes 2011's Halo: The Essential Visual Guide does state

Quote:
Unfortunately for the Covenant, the Ark and the Dreadnought were both subsequently destroyed by the Master Chief.
However as you can see it also states the Ark was destroyed which we all know is not true.
The Ark was in fact destroyed, so was Alpha Halo, the sheer size of them made it nearly impossible to completely destroy them with such "small" scale explosions, the Dreadnought on the other hand most likely was destroyed.
It could have survived. It says it was destroyed but the Ark's destruction was retconned, so they could always go back and retcon the Key Ship's destruction too.
It could have survived. It says it was destroyed but the Ark's destruction was retconned, so they could always go back and retcon the Key Ship's destruction too.
True, but I doubt unless Bias uses the Dreadnought to escape we will never know whether it truly survived.
The UNSC established research facilities on the Ark. If the Key Ship is still there then they will probably secure it.
AlertFiend wrote:
The Ark was in fact destroyed, so was Alpha Halo, the sheer size of them made it nearly impossible to completely destroy them with such "small" scale explosions, the Dreadnought on the other hand most likely was destroyed.
Was that ever confirmed though?
Cortana said that the Halo 'did a number' on the Ark, but that's pretty vague. And then we return to the Ark in Hunters In The Dark, and its very much not destroyed.

Key's did say that Truth's ship had gone to ground. Some of Rtas Vadam's fleet probably secured it while we were searching for the Cartographer.
AlertFiend wrote:
Cortana said that the Halo 'did a number' on the Ark, but that's pretty vague. And then we return to the Ark in Hunters In The Dark, and its very much not destroyed.

Key's did say that Truth's ship had gone to ground. Some of Rtas Vadam's fleet probably secured it while we were searching for the Cartographer.
I don't think they ever confirmed it
It is pretty tough, there's a possibility but i think it got destroyed :/
Let's bring the flood back since everything has been toasted
What was even said about the Key Ship after it went through the portal? As far as I know it wasn't seen/mentioned again, and could easily be on a part of the Ark far enough away from High Charity's crater / Alpha Halo's crash site.
Since the Ark wasn't destroyed, just damaged, I'm assuming the same is for the Key Ship.
AlertFiend wrote:
Uh...did you not read Hunters in the Dark?
SC Matt 7 wrote:
JJAB91 wrote:
News: The universe entry for the Dreadnought came out and interestingly its not mentioned as having been destroyed.
Requiem is also still stated to be 'presumably' destroyed as well.
The difference is however we as players saw Requiem be destroyed, we never saw what happened to the Dreadnought.
AlertFiend wrote:
Hunters in the Dark disproves that The Ark was destroyed, it was just very heavily damaged and has a piece of Halo ring jutting from it.
Otherwise, it's fully capable of being repaired and used again
I could very well be wrong, but in Hunters in the Dark don't they come across the crash site and debris of the keyship while making their way across the Ark? It's been a while since I've read it.
Yeah its whereabouts are currently unknown, though I don't think we'll ever see it in another Halo game again.
AlertFiend wrote:

I don't think they ever confirmed it
It crashed onto Genesis installation, (that's how cortana made it to Genesis) but we don't know if it's destroyed or not.
Locco Nova wrote:
I could very well be wrong, but in Hunters in the Dark don't they come across the crash site and debris of the keyship while making their way across the Ark? It's been a while since I've read it.
I read it recently and I dn't recal reading that.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2