Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Is there an actual name for Vergil?

OP Andycu5

Halo 3: ODST introduced us to a Huragok that had defected from the Covenant and merged with New Mombasa's Superintendent AI.

However, despite the weight that the specific Huragok has to the plot (no pun indented), I don't ever remember learning its actual name.

I don't know about you, but although "Vergil" is the name of the Superintendent AI rather than the actual Huragok, it isn't very indicative of how well one floats.

Personally, I'd name Vergil as "Soars Above", given that he soared above his fellow Huragok when he directly defied the Covenant.
Creative name, but naming happens when a Huragok is first built/born. Perhaps Not-Vergil did soar as a young squid, but it's hard to know. Maybe he should be named by how he moves in-game.

"Blocks My Shot"
"Catches All Plasma"
"Go Away, You're Dying"
Quote:
Creative name, but naming happens when a Huragok is first built/born. Perhaps Not-Vergil did soar as a young squid, but it's hard to know. Maybe he should be named by how he moves in-game.

"Blocks My Shot"
"Catches All Plasma"
"Go Away, You're Dying"
"Floats Into Death Barriers"

Brilliant.
I've never really had any issues with Vergil...
Quote:
I've never really had any issues with Vergil...
Consider yourself lucky.
"Gets Ran Over By Warthogs"

"Bait Of Scarabs"

"Fuel For Flame Grenades"

...I could go on all night.

Though, apologies for necro-posting, it seems.........
Quote:

"Bait Of Scarabs"

I wouldn't call 6 days a necropost, but either way, we have yet to be given an established value for what exactly constitutes one.
Quote:
Quote:

"Bait Of Scarabs"

I wouldn't call 6 days a necropost, but either way, we have yet to be given an established value for what exactly constitutes one.
I say a Necropost depends. Mainly just use your own judgement. Necroposting isnt held as a major offence if done unintentionally. Its only if the thread was stupidly necroed and the user is being purely silly about the matter.

If you wanted some basic rules to follow though just use these.

On active forums here where threads disappear at the latest of 15 days
  • 2 Months is a no go.
  • After 1 Month if you have something of value to the topic that's allowed.
  • If a thread hasn't been posted in within 15 days and nothing of value is to be said, then a thread is dead.
And they are a couple of exceptions to this rule
  • If a thread is still on page one. That's not necroposting. Aka the older Halo forums here for example may have threads untouched for a month on page one.
  • Threads that get their main info updated. Or give genuinely useful information. The info changed would be called a update. These are rare often reserved for rules, threads by a mod or 343i employee, and threads that are purely information and have info that change. (dont worry about these)
Now back to original topic, I wonder what hes/shes actually called. Non-leaking explosion
Oh, this looks fun! Let's see...

"He Who Make Sound of Stepped-On Banana"

"Elephant Driver of Tentacled Gas Pedal"

"He Who Is Used As Body Shield"

"Fluffykins"

"The Whole Dang Reason Behind ODST"

Meh, you guys had better...
He who completely screwed my objective based gameplay of ODST.
Quote:
Query Answer: [breakpoint] [frumentarii] core cyberintrusion result found.
Results:
Vergil - Subroutine of nonsapient construct designated Superintendent of New Mombasa.
Quick to Adjust - [facticius indoles] recovered by Human security forces at Superintendent [datacore] in [2552].
Quote:
Quote:
Results:
Vergil - Subroutine of nonsapient construct designated Superintendent of New Mombasa.
Quick to Adjust - [facticius indoles] recovered by Human security forces at Superintendent [datacore] in [2552].
Best necropost ever.
I absolutely cannot tell you the sheer amount of joy I feel after reading this post. Glorious.
Quote:
Quote:
Results:
I thank you very much.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Results:
Best necropost ever.
It is not a necropost if the admins decide to necro it . . . I think.

Quick to Adjust is a fitting name since he is quick to adjust to helping humans XD
Quote:
It is not a necropost if the admins decide to necro it . . . I think.

Quick to Adjust is a fitting name since he is quick to adjust to helping humans XD
I know its not a necro. It was just a joke.
"Something got in my eye"
What´s bad about a necromand?
Or isn´t that what you mean? :p
I like his name. Vergil...very neat.
xd xd xd