Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Is there any mystery left in halo anymore?

OP CrazyCheetah97

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I feel like there’s no more mystery left the Halo games anymore they told us about the The precursors we know where the flood came from we basically know everything about the forerunners and this was all decided to be told in books instead of your AAA game characters in the games don’t even seem to know about any of this at all this could’ve been great stuff for the games with mysteries and reveals but now there’s nothing left. tell me if there’s really any big secrets that haven’t already been told it was so amazing when we first saw the gravemind for the first time and we heard him talk it was such an amazing reveal but because they decide to reveal the precursors and who they are and what they did when you see it in game if ever it will be like oh yeah that’s right they did create all the problems in the galaxy but now it won’t be that amazing of a surprise because we know about everything in the books. Halo always have mystery but now that elements gone and the games are less because of it.

That’s my thought you guys might think there’s still mystery but to me there’s not much there.
What happend to UNSC Paris,UNSC Redoubtable,was the UNSC Aegis Fate present during the battle of the arc,or does the facility it was seen just looking so similar to the arc?
These are some mysterious I can think about it right now.
The vast amount of Covenant history, the location of the forerunners, and the fate of Offensive Bias. Just to name a few mysteries.
Ado Ulamee wrote:
The vast amount of Covenant history, the location of the forerunners, and the fate of Offensive Bias. Just to name a few mysteries.
Yeah I do know about a couple of those but I don’t think there in the mindset of big mysteries at the moment that location of the forerunners I actually kind a want to be bad guys I don’t want them to be good guys I want to Bad as I’ve always wanted to fight in the flash forerunners in The Flesh maybe they’re upset about how things are in the galaxy and they come in with a forceful hand and I no it’s against what the forerunners are but you know dreams.
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Yeah I do know about a couple of those but I don’t think there in the mindset of big mysteries at the moment that location of the forerunners I actually kind a want to be bad guys I don’t want them to be good guys I want to Bad as I’ve always wanted to fight in the flash forerunners in The Flesh maybe they’re upset about how things are in the galaxy and they come in with a forceful hand and I no it’s against what the forerunners are but you know dreams.
People got that with the Ur-Didact and his Promethean soldiers. Nothing in the known current galaxy could not fight ticked off living forerunners. Closest ones who could were the Covenant.
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Ado Ulamee wrote:
People got that with the Ur-Didact and his Promethean soldiers. Nothing in the known current galaxy could not fight ticked off living forerunners. Closest ones who could were the Covenant.
Well if humanity is somewhat supposed to be regaining the mantle and all the power it holds it doesn’t have to be a big faction it’s still not confirmed that the master builder died and he was a -Yoink- and didn’t need any corruption and he still might be alive.
Faber said he planned on staying on the Greater Ark and perishing along with it and the last original halo.
Ado Ulamee wrote:
Faber said he planned on staying on the Greater Ark and perishing along with it and the last original halo.
Is it absolutely confirm though that there’s nothing left of the greater ark?
Precursor star roads, backed up by a million flood ships utterly shredded the ark and the halo with it. The only survivors were monitor Chakas, Bornstellar, and a few other forerunners picked up by said ship. Faber was not among them.
@CrazyCheetah97, good point in general frame, though I am not the one to evaluate how valid it is, especially from the perspective of the Halo professional loremakers. But if you were the developer, what themes or trails would you like to install in the future Halo titles? Do not restrict yourself to very particular cases. Any big ideas, like new kind of Flood, Precursors appearing not to be what we think they have been and thus revealing yet another layer to the setup, perhaps Forerunners discovering some kind of parallel fate that they share, once having accepted the role of Humanity in becoming the Reclaimers and coming to terms with what they have done, banishing themselves willingfully to self imposed exile - exile to where? - to another universe, due to which even more weird stuff start to happen as they are stuck midway. Any of that sort?
@CrazyCheetah97, good point in general frame, though I am not the one to evaluate how valid it is, especially from the perspective of the Halo professional loremakers. But if you were the developer, what themes or trails would you like to install in the future Halo titles? Do not restrict yourself to very particular cases. Any big ideas, like new kind of Flood, Precursors appearing not to be what we think they have been and thus revealing yet another layer to the setup, perhaps Forerunners discovering some kind of parallel fate that they share, once having accepted the role of Humanity in becoming the Reclaimers and coming to terms with what they have done, banishing themselves willingfully to self imposed exile - exile to where? - to another universe, due to which even more weird stuff start to happen as they are stuck midway. Any of that sort?
Can you clarify are you asking me how the games should go after 5 or are you asking me to think of new mysteries to add And later on to the world or something else?
Ado Ulamee wrote:
I’m not going to believe it is the one other forerunner that could be a bad guy in the future the greater arc was massive I’m gonna hope he survived and hope he still ticked about humanity taking up the mantle This is one last chance to make the forerunners seem like a cool bad guy because they wasted the Didact poorly.
12 years was plenty of time for the mystery to linger before finally revealing it. What they should've done is take some time to flesh out the Post War galaxy instead of immediately going for another DOOOOOM plot so soon after the war.
Sure there’s still mystery. For example, we’ll never know why they didn’t hire a writer for Halo 5’s narrative.
@CrazyCheetah97, just how would you expand Halo lore, unnecessarily bound to the digital games plot but perhaps also for the use of digital games, how would you see things evolve from the point you called drained out of any mystery?
It's a big galaxy and an even bigger universe. There's always room for more mystery, threat, intrigue and drama.
I feel like there’s no more mystery left the Halo games anymore they told us about the The precursors we know where the flood came from we basically know everything about the forerunners and this was all decided to be told in books instead of your AAA game characters in the games don’t even seem to know about any of this at all this could’ve been great stuff for the games with mysteries and reveals but now there’s nothing left. tell me if there’s really any big secrets that haven’t already been told it was so amazing when we first saw the gravemind for the first time and we heard him talk it was such an amazing reveal but because they decide to reveal the precursors and who they are and what they did when you see it in game if ever it will be like oh yeah that’s right they did create all the problems in the galaxy but now it won’t be that amazing of a surprise because we know about everything in the books. Halo always have mystery but now that elements gone and the games are less because of it.

That’s my thought you guys might think there’s still mystery but to me there’s not much there.
Precursors and that's about it

Precursors and Flood, that is what I am here for. Some say Flood is space zombies. Well, you can make Forerunners space zombies if that is the way you will handle it. Flood deserves more. Some say the name of the Flood is due to how it attacks, in an endless wave - pretty much such as zombies in a conventional B-grade take. But to myself, it is because of destiny and design - the Flood is to cover the entire galaxy and spread forward, all the biologically rooted sapience is going to drown in it, that is what I would rather emphasize. In case of depiction, there are many ways, certainly an artist knows how to avoid cliche references to zombies. So yes, I think there is a lot to dig when it comes to both the Precursors and the Flood, especially minding these are already thematically interconnected.
There are some other alien species out there in Halo Universe that we haven't seen yet,said by 343 person once when questioned about it.

Precursors and Flood, that is what I am here for. Some say Flood is space zombies. Well, you can make Forerunners space zombies if that is the way you will handle it. Flood deserves more. Some say the name of the Flood is due to how it attacks, in an endless wave - pretty much such as zombies in a conventional B-grade take. But to myself, it is because of destiny and design - the Flood is to cover the entire galaxy and spread forward, all the biologically rooted sapience is going to drown in it, that is what I would rather emphasize. In case of depiction, there are many ways, certainly an artist knows how to avoid cliche references to zombies. So yes, I think there is a lot to dig when it comes to both the Precursors and the Flood, especially minding these are already thematically interconnected.
I believe it’s more like the flood is more reference to the Bible like with Noah and the flood and the ark after all the precursors are like gods and the flood is like gods will.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3