Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Is there any mystery left in halo anymore?

OP CrazyCheetah97

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
More information about the Precursors and the Flood. I want to know more about their story.
Part of what made the Bungie-era Halos so special to me as a kid growing up playing them was the everlasting mystery of the Forerunners. I don't mind that 343 fleshed out the lore, I just wish they didn't do it so halfheartedly. I can tell that the current books and comics that have been released over the last couple years serve no significant purpose lore-wise, but instead exist to make money.
Part of what made the Bungie-era Halos so special to me as a kid growing up playing them was the everlasting mystery of the Forerunners. I don't mind that 343 fleshed out the lore, I just wish they didn't do it so halfheartedly. I can tell that the current books and comics that have been released over the last couple years serve no significant purpose lore-wise, but instead exist to make money.
343 seems to squander potential Could have done so much more with the Didact.
I feel like there’s no more mystery left the Halo games anymore they told us about the The precursors we know where the flood came from we basically know everything about the forerunners and this was all decided to be told in books instead of your AAA game characters in the games don’t even seem to know about any of this at all this could’ve been great stuff for the games with mysteries and reveals but now there’s nothing left. tell me if there’s really any big secrets that haven’t already been told it was so amazing when we first saw the gravemind for the first time and we heard him talk it was such an amazing reveal but because they decide to reveal the precursors and who they are and what they did when you see it in game if ever it will be like oh yeah that’s right they did create all the problems in the galaxy but now it won’t be that amazing of a surprise because we know about everything in the books. Halo always have mystery but now that elements gone and the games are less because of it.

That’s my thought you guys might think there’s still mystery but to me there’s not much there.
Precursors and that's about it
Precursors and Flood, that is what I am here for. Some say Flood is space zombies. Well, you can make Forerunners space zombies if that is the way you will handle it. Flood deserves more. Some say the name of the Flood is due to how it attacks, in an endless wave - pretty much such as zombies in a conventional B-grade take. But to myself, it is because of destiny and design - the Flood is to cover the entire galaxy and spread forward, all the biologically rooted sapience is going to drown in it, that is what I would rather emphasize. In case of depiction, there are many ways, certainly an artist knows how to avoid cliche references to zombies. So yes, I think there is a lot to dig when it comes to both the Precursors and the Flood, especially minding these are already thematically interconnected.
I believe it’s more like the flood is more reference to the Bible like with Noah and the flood and the ark after all the precursors are like gods and the flood is like gods will.
I read on the forums that that's originally what Bungie had in mind with the story. Humans were Forerunners, that's why we were called Reclaimers when we met Guilty Spark again, and the whole thing with the flood and the ark in the bible was all we had left from the distant past after forgetting that we were once a space-faring race. But apparently this was changed early in development so that by the time the first game came out there were no references to Noah and the bible. The flood kept the name the flood though, which I like. And we still got the Ark in Halo 3.

Tbh, I barely know anything of the Halo EU so pretty much the whole thing is still a mystery to me (which I like because it makes coming up with fan stories more fun). Also, I like to think that Halo Legends is canon, which also adds a lot more fun stories that give more questions than answers to the Halo universe. But I guess if you want to feel like the Halo universe still has some mysteries, spend an afternoon with Halo 5 and read the descriptions for all of the armor. There's a lot of neat world-building information there that most fans forget.
More backstory on what happened while Master Chief was in cryo. I'd really like to know what went down after the Covenant's (mostly) defeat and how people took Master Chief's MIA status, along with more details to the events leading up to Halo 4.
What happend to UNSC Paris,UNSC Redoubtable,was the UNSC Aegis Fate present during the battle of the arc,or does the facility it was seen just looking so similar to the arc?
These are some mysterious I can think about it right now.
The fate of Paris is unknown, Redoubtable made it to Delta Halo and survived, as did the Coral Sea, which not only entered the interior of Delta Halo, but also captured a Prophet fleeing from the Flood, which provided the first hint about Logic Plague Cortana. Aegis Fate evidently was with the Forward Unto Dawn and presumably left with the Shadow of Intent back to Earth with remaining human forces.
I would actually like us to visit every Halo ring and the other sections of the Ark. I'd also want the sub species of the Covenant explored a little bit more.
There are some other alien species out there in Halo Universe that we haven't seen yet,said by 343 person once when questioned about it.
That just reminded me, what was that alien vessel that crashed on Halo 1's terminal video?
What happend to UNSC Paris,UNSC Redoubtable,was the UNSC Aegis Fate present during the battle of the arc,or does the facility it was seen just looking so similar to the arc?
The fate of Paris is unknown, Redoubtable made it to Delta Halo and survived, as did the Coral Sea, which not only entered the interior of Delta Halo, but also captured a Prophet fleeing from the Flood, which provided the first hint about Logic Plague Cortana. Aegis Fate evidently was with the Forward Unto Dawn and presumably left with the Shadow of Intent back to Earth with remaining human forces.
While I can agree on the Paris and Coral Sea,I couldnt find any infos about the Redoubtables fate,so if you know more,please give a source.
The Aegis Faits location only strongly resemble the arc,but it was never confirmed if its the arc,again if you have a source please share it with me.
While I can agree on the Paris and Coral Sea,I couldnt find any infos about the Redoubtables fate,so if you know more,please give a source.
The Aegis Faits location only strongly resemble the arc,but it was never confirmed if its the arc,again if you have a source please share it with me.
So tell me what’s the big mystery unless it’s a new alien species that took them there still no mystery because every other species we know about unless the mystery is what the motivation is for the disappearance.
So tell me what’s the big mystery unless it’s a new alien species that took them there still no mystery because every other species we know about unless the mystery is what the motivation is for the disappearance.
The mystery is what happend to them and where are they now.
The mystery is what happend to them and where are they now.
I’m thinking though more for the bigger questions The small questions are going to matter in the mainline halo game.
If I'm not mistaken it's mentioned in H2A multiplayer materials. I know the Coral Sea was mentioned in H2A map descriptions as well as the post-Halo 5 Data drops.
If I'm not mistaken it's mentioned in H2A multiplayer materials. I know the Coral Sea was mentioned in H2A map descriptions as well as the post-Halo 5 Data drops.
Yes,the Coral Seas return got confirmed in a post Halo5 data drop.
But I want to know where do you found the information about the Redoubtable and the Aegis Faits location.
As old mysteries are solved, new ones arise. Why is Cortana behaving like she is now, for example? It is likely the logic plague, but I prefer another theory involving the Domain. Just look for them, and you'll find them everywhere.
Yeah, the mystery of what went wrong with Halo 5s development.
But on a serious note, I know what you mean. I still think Halo has that mysterious feel to it, but nothing like 1 & 4 did. As far as outside lore, Hunt The Truth was full of it and it was great!!!
But I want to know where do you found the information about the Redoubtable and the Aegis Faits location.
Allegedly a line was mentioned in "Hunters in the Dark". I'll need to confirm.
Allegedly a line was mentioned in "Hunters in the Dark". I'll need to confirm.
Could you please say about which ship you are talking,would make the search for the line easier.
The problem is more which mystrries are there. At first, the Halo series was full of mystery and vastness in it's games. Now the covenant is fully explained (for no reason, we were fine with what we had in Halo 1-3) the flood are explained (also, useless) but for the forerunners and mendicant bias, 343 made up all their story and redesigned them (this time they did well, as the forrrunners would return and they integrated them as they should be, just sacrificing the mistery) that was a necessary step for forerunners. Now the mysteries are cheap expanded universe details unresolved that no one cares about. Or if there are bigger mysteries, they are very hidden and not implied, not making them feel like mysteries. This is a problem, or more correctly, a consequence of Halo's issue today (identity crysis).
elGocsila wrote:
The problem is more which mystrries are there. At first, the Halo series was full of mystery and vastness in it's games. Now the covenant is fully explained (for no reason, we were fine with what we had in Halo 1-3) the flood are explained (also, useless) but for the forerunners and mendicant bias, 343 made up all their story and redesigned them (this time they did well, as the forrrunners would return and they integrated them as they should be, just sacrificing the mistery) that was a necessary step for forerunners. Now the mysteries are cheap expanded universe details unresolved that no one cares about. Or if there are bigger mysteries, they are very hidden and not implied, not making them feel like mysteries. This is a problem, or more correctly, a consequence of Halo's issue today (identity crysis).
Thing is I don’t want to know everything honestly I think that’s bad storytelling honestly we didn’t need the fourrunner trilogy books at least not yet they should’ve explore them in a cinematic way first before having a life story One of my favorite movies Prometheus those engineers you don’t know anything about them but after we met them you want to know more about them therefore keeping an interest in your world I shouldn’t of showed with the foreigners looked like should’ve kept them hidden behind his armor once your reveal what they look like you lose that mistake Halo is in the book series it’s a game series 1st part you should be revealing these mysteries in the game not offhand in other mediums.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3