Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Is there different types/races of elites?

OP Slyguy204

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The models changed because of artistic vision. This is mentioned before Reach was released. Bungie came right out and said it, so I don't think the subspecies are shown during gameplay of any of the games.
The elites themselves appear to be the same, they just have different armor.
Yeah Bungie wanted to give a visual difference for each class. That's why the Elite Minor armor is basically same as the Elites in the other games.
Well, i knew all of that. The reach elites are probably the best elites. I am mostly just talking about physical difference rather than just armoring.
Quote:
Quote:

There ARE Elites with different skin tones, but the changes seen in game are due to what Toa Freak said.
As i have mentioned before, there are many other things about each of the elites that prove otherwise.
Nothing is proven.

Bungie said that they are nothing more but different interpretations, as someone already posted.

Besides, in Halo 3 they were hunched over so that they could be multiplayer and not dwarf Spartans.

The Arbiter was in both Halo 2 and 3. Do you want me to think he "changed" species because he was in a different game? No.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

There ARE Elites with different skin tones, but the changes seen in game are due to what Toa Freak said.
As i have mentioned before, there are many other things about each of the elites that prove otherwise.
Nothing is proven.

Bungie said that they are nothing more but different interpretations, as someone already posted.

Besides, in Halo 3 they were hunched over so that they could be multiplayer and not dwarf Spartans.

The Arbiter was in both Halo 2 and 3. Do you want me to think he "changed" species because he was in a different game? No.
The elites themselves were pretty much the same in halo 2 and 3, if anything their armor was slightly different. And no, mostly because the arbiter looked pretty much the same. And i never once said that kind of stuff for each individual game which is why i specified otherwise (kind of.) I knew that they were hunched for gameplay reasons so i ignored that.
I think it's most likely graphic updates because in halo 2 the arbiter and the elites have the halo 1 to 3 design but in halo 5 they have the new much bigger elite design
I think it's most likely graphic updates because in halo 2 the arbiter and the elites have the halo 1 to 3 design but in halo 5 they have the new much bigger elite design
I want to cry...
343i has said like 20 times that the reason why you see one model per game is money and that all aliens don't look identical, without this indicating any subspecies. I seriously can't understand why people can't understand this yet.
TGLT BL4cK wrote:
I want to cry...
343i has said like 20 times that the reason why you see one model per game is money and that all aliens don't look identical, without this indicating any subspecies. I seriously can't understand why people can't understand this yet.
Just giving my opinion, no need to be an -Yoink-
It’s possible. I mean, in H4, it takes place 4 years after Halo 3. But, what about Thel ‘Vadamee (Arbiter) in H5? He’s basically has the same body type as the new types of Sangheili? That’s my question
It typically depends on where an elite populus is located, they adapt to their environment much like humans. I believe that a in universe it is explained that the Elites from h4 and h5 are based more so on the elites from a colony world or moon, as opposed to the slim ones we faced in the previous entries in the halo games where a bulk came from their main homeworld.
i have read your entire thing and i believe you are partially correct due to the faces in halo 5 and the previous halos but the armor of coarse changes due to the circumstances and revolutionary achievements and advancements in the elites history but there is a big gap in both of our story's so i believe that nobody will truly know except the people that made halo
due to a planet that size and a species that advanced there is bound to be genetic diversety also in halo thursday war a caracter talks somthing about accents and skin color varriing by region and culture
Ripa 'Moramee was larger than most elites, he was as large a a Brute
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3