Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Jackal or Field Marshal who killed Kat???

OP Annex Angel

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
xxSPRIFTxx wrote:
This is all well and good, but are we going to discuss how the ever loving -Yoink- this guy didn't show up on the spartans' motion sensor? Also, since when does the Covenant successfully land headshots? Maybe a field Marshall. It make sense it was a floating focus rifle, that would make the best effect and if the shooter isnt visible in the cutscene, why add a body?
I have no idea what the cannon is surrounding the Details of Kats death other than what we see in the game, but I think the motion tracker could easily be explained away as malfunctioning due to the radiation flare she picks up just prior to her death.
Yea the active glassing probably took priority in their attention and the radiation flares were why she didn't have shields so it would make sense that her tracker was also malfunctioning.
Field Marshal wouldn't let a Jackal get a Spartan kill if he was there, Marshal all the way.
Since Reach came out there's always been stories that the Field Marshals you briefly encounter throughout the games would have been canonically a single character that ended up hunting the Spartans (and thus as Six you get to take your revenge right at the end), but I've never actually seen any gospel from the devs on that being a reality, so I'm not sure if it was just fans trying to glom together the appearances into some overarching narrative.
If that was true, could you save Kat by killing them?
The field marshall was the one that killed kat,practically since the moment he escaped noble team in reach's first mission he's been hunting noble team until if im not wrong and please correct me if i am wrong he was killed by noble six moments before the autumn leaves reach
Fuchsdh wrote:
Since Reach came out there's always been stories that the Field Marshals you briefly encounter throughout the games would have been canonically a single character that ended up hunting the Spartans (and thus as Six you get to take your revenge right at the end), but I've never actually seen any gospel from the devs on that being a reality, so I'm not sure if it was just fans trying to glom together the appearances into some overarching narrative.
It is NOT a single character that hunts NOBLE throughout the game. The Devoted Sentries are an special all-Zealot unit similar in style to the Silent Shadow.
Devoted Sentries
If i remember correctly, Emile kills most of them. But it is true, the sentries do kill Emile and maybe Kat. Im pretty sure that one survivor from Emile's eradication of them killed our beloved Noble Six
Always hated that scene. MJOLNIR is sometimes completely resistant to ballistics and at other times felled by it. Would've made more sense if she was shot through the neck but even then the technology of the time should have been enough to save her. It never made sense to me when spartans were killed by small arms fire unless it was from all directions
Fuchsdh wrote:
It is NOT a single character that hunts NOBLE throughout the game. The Devoted Sentries are an special all-Zealot unit similar in style to the Silent Shadow.
Devoted Sentries
That's an ex-post-facto addition to the lore. I'm talking about Bungie's intention when they made the game, not 343 additions.
Fuchsdh wrote:
Fuchsdh wrote:
Devoted Sentries
That's an ex-post-facto addition to the lore. I'm talking about Bungie's intention when they made the game, not 343 additions.
Unfortunately Bungie isn't making Halo anymore so whatever intentions they had are moot now. Any rumours swirling among the fans back then have also been lost to history. Best not to dwell on it.
I think it was a Field Marshal that killed her.
Canonically the Field Marshal, I think the implication is that this is the same Field Marshal from Winter Contingency (that escapes past Emile) and the same Marshal you kill at the end.

This guy leads the Devoted Sentries, a Zealot sect charged with securing Forerunner relics on Reach (hence why Dr Halsey is annoyed about their escape at the end of Sword Base).

It may be safe to assume all Zealots you face in Reach are a part of the Devoted Sentries if they retain a consistent armor style.
Canonically the Field Marshal, I think the implication is that this is the same Field Marshal from Winter Contingency (that escapes past Emile) and the same Marshal you kill at the end.

This guy leads the Devoted Sentries, a Zealot sect charged with securing Forerunner relics on Reach (hence why Dr Halsey is annoyed about their escape at the end of Sword Base).

It may be safe to assume all Zealots you face in Reach are a part of the Devoted Sentries if they retain a consistent armor style.
This was always the take I got from the campaign, makes the story fit neater into a narrative even if it is awfully convenient that one marshall was at all the important parts in the story. Then again that's probably what all the covies say about the chief as well.
What if it was a grunt haha. Imagine the stories it must have told his friends of killing a Spartan.
He would have gotten first spot at the food nipple for years!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2