Forums / Community / Halo Universe

[Locked] John 117 + Miranda Keyes?

OP TheAceJagoan

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I was playing through Halo 3 again today when I noticed that John seemed a little more than stunned when he found out Miranda was dead . . . Were they . . . something? I know because of the augmentation and chemicals and all, he's not emotional at all, but he's obviously capable at getting angry. Any thoughts? (It's for Fanfic by the way.)

"Thanks Chief, I owe you one . . ."
You are either overthinking it, or not thinking enough. The reason the Chief was stunned over the death of Miranda is because he had a close, almost uncle-nephew relationship with Captain J. Keyes, her dad, who he was forced to watch die to a Flood infection.
Miranda Keyes is the daughter of Captain Jacob Keyes and Dr. Elizabeth Halsey, both who were very important to the Chief in his life.
Quote:
Miranda Keyes is the daughter of Captain Jacob Keyes and Dr. Elizabeth Halsey, both who were very important to the Chief in his life.
Halsey is not confirmed as the mother... people really gotta stop asking who MC's girlfriend is... there isn't one.
lol no.
http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Miranda_Keyes

"She was the daughter of the late Captain Jacob Keyes and Doctor Catherine Elizabeth Halsey."

I think of John and Miranda as a sort of Brother/Sister bond, Halsey was like a mother to John and Halsey WAS the mother to Miranda, they would make a good brother and sister. ^^

Quote:

"She was the daughter of the late Captain Jacob Keyes and Doctor Catherine Elizabeth Halsey."

I think of John and Miranda as a sort of Brother/Sister bond, Halsey was like a mother to John and Halsey WAS the mother to Miranda, they would make a good brother and sister. ^^
Also Master Chief has a X-girlfriend of sorts!

http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Parisa

Ok i'll turn my Halo nerd power off now ^^
Quote:
Halsey is not confirmed as the mother... people really gotta stop asking who MC's girlfriend is... there isn't one.
Actually, this seemed really implied to me in Halsey's journal. The one that came with the Reach Legendary Edition.
I know what you're talking about and while it (at least) seems that way, that has never been confirmed by either Bungie or 343i
If anybody was Miranda's love interest, I'm voting for Sgt. Johnson.

The only two humans on Delta Halo for some time... things happen. :P
Nah i dont think so.

<4
Well the Chief was rather close to both Halsey and Jacob Keyes. It says nothing in the books or the games that the Chief actually KNEW about Miranda being their child, however. I mean, of course Master Chief is going to know that Miranda is Jacob's daughter, obviously. But as for her being Halsey's daughter, I don't think he actually knows.

During Halo 1 though, I get the idea that Master Chief greatly respects Jacob, plus he was there when Halsey went to inspect him as a child. So maybe he sees him as an uncle like figure, and Miranda as like his cousin or something? Who knows?
Quote:
You are either overthinking it, or not thinking enough. The reason the Chief was stunned over the death of Miranda is because he had a close, almost uncle-nephew relationship with Captain J. Keyes, her dad, who he was forced to watch die to a Flood infection.
I don't mean to be that sort of guy that corrects everyone all the time, but actually Keyes didn't die of the Flood infection itself, that was purposely keeping him alive so it could learn the exact location of Earth, where there was plenty of food for it. Keyes actually died from a swift and solid punch to the face by Master Chief himself. xD
Quote:
Quote:
If you read Halsey's Journal it pretty much confirms it. Halsey mentions how Miranda took her father's name, which could mean her name was Miranda Halsey before she had it legally changed to Miranda Keyes. Halsey even mentions that she could see a little bit of Miranda in Cortana after she chose her holographic image.
Quote:
Quote:
I don't mean to be that sort of guy that corrects everyone all the time, but actually Keyes didn't die of the Flood infection itself, that was purposely keeping him alive so it could learn the exact location of Earth, where there was plenty of food for it. Keyes actually died from a swift and solid punch to the face by Master Chief himself. xD
What a way to go...
Quote:

Pretty much nailed it. What if Halsey is Chief's mother as well? WHAT!!!!
You are completely overthinking it. Miranda was a fellow solider and Chief's commanding officer at that time during the Battle of Installation 00. By this logic, should we assume Johnson was romantically involved with Miranda judging by how shaken he was with her death? Of course not. I think any death of someone Chief was familiar with was going to get at him at that point, just like Johnson's death later on in the game seems to imply.
Query Answer: Dr. Catherine Elizabeth Halsey is the biological mother of Commander Miranda Keyes.
Is Catalog now a presence on the forums?
Quote:
Is Catalog now a presence on the forums?
Unknown construct identified. All attempts of communication and termination have ended in failure.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2