Forums / Community / Halo Universe

[Locked] John 117 + Miranda Keyes?

OP TheAceJagoan

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Catalog is Frankie confirmed.

(I do not truly know this, but given that he does reply to a certain other forum fairly regularly, perhaps adding the official forums to his list wouldn't burden his schedule anymore).
Quote:
Link?

Edit: Just saw your edit.

It could be him. There are other lore people too...
It could also be the onset ARG, or they're just randomly answering lore questions in a computerized format with a curious canonical name.
Quote:
Quote:
Link?

Edit: Just saw your edit.

It could be him. There are other lore people too...
It could also be the onset ARG, or they're just randomly answering lore questions in a computerized format with a curious canonical name.
If it is a new ARG developing, then my inner Halo nerd/fan (Or nerdfan to some) is getting extremely excited and is ready to burst. I never got the chance to watch one of these develop, and missed out on the Section III stuff because it kept getting buried in "I hate Halo 4!" threads and was way above my head (degree in cryptology required much?) so... Yeah

Of course, we could be overthinking it and it might just be like a profile the fine folks at 343i use to answer questions they can and/or want to while under full anonymity and having some fun at the same time.

This post has been hidden.

Quote:
So this thread is now a legitimate source of canon, right? At least regarding the Halsey-Miranda relation.
The notion of Halsey being miranda's mother was hinted in the fall of Reach and confirmed in Halsey's Journal from reach limited edition.
Quote:
So this thread is now a legitimate source of canon, right? At least regarding the Halsey-Miranda relation.
Its been a legitimate form of canon since Halsey's Journal in 2010.

This post has been hidden.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Its been a legitimate form of canon since Halsey's Journal in 2010.
I know it was in there. What I mean is, if someone wants proof I can just link them this thread instead of finding the quote from Halsey's Journal.
Or you can direct them here, here or here.
He saw the daughter of the now passed Cpatain Jacob Keyes dead on the floor. Who wouldn't stare at that?
Halsey is the mother of Miranda Keyes?
No, I don't think Chief wants or requires a romantic relationship. Forming close attachments to friends is about as far as he can go without compromising a mission. I think he was just saddened to see her die as a respected commanding officer and because she was the daughter of Jacob Keyes. He exhibits a similar reaction to seeing Johnson die. Furthermore, Johnson himself probably wasn't romantically involved with Miranda, either. He was like an uncle to her and he promised Keyes he would look out for her.
Still cracks me up that Catalog bothered to address this.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not bump or necropost topics

Spoiler:
Show
Quote:
Miranda Keyes is the daughter of Captain Jacob Keyes and Dr. Elizabeth Halsey, both who were very important to the Chief in his life.
Halsey is not confirmed as the mother... people really gotta stop asking who MC's girlfriend is... there isn't one.
it is confirmed in halo glasslands
Gwath Gil wrote:
If anybody was Miranda's love interest, I'm voting for Sgt. Johnson.

The only two humans on Delta Halo for some time... things happen. :P
Don't forget the third and fourth wheels, Chips Dubbo and Stacker!

Also as Dr Halsey said, you're overthinking it
LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLL!!!! Who knows, though? 343 will do ANYTHING if they'll bring Cort back the way they did... (or at all! She had such a good ending in Halo 4 :/)
Chief doesn't have a girlfriend. Sorry people. It just ain't happenin'
And honestly I don't really give a crap about Halsey and all the story involving her. She's kind of annoying in the way that nothing anybody does is ever enough.
Even though this is a really old thread, I will respond:
OP at the end of the day, it is your fanfiction. The great thing is that you can do whatever the heck you want! Heck, I was sad to see Keyes and Johnson die. They were awesome characters.
Quote:
Query Answer: Dr. Catherine Elizabeth Halsey is the biological mother of Commander Miranda Keyes.
Holy 💩!!! That was unexpected!
edit: Annnnd I just saw the dates. Still, I'm honestly surprised that catalog ever posted in the forums!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2