Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Jorge's Briefcase

OP ands2

In the cutscene prior to the Long Night of Solace mission in Halo Reach, Jorge throws a briefcase down as they walk into the cave they are in. I always thought this was interesting because the camera seems to linger on the case for a moment, as if it was of importance, yet no one mentions it in the cutscene. What's in the case? Is it ever explained? Was there some cut dialogue that related to it? Maybe Jorge just took the Pulp Fiction briefcase, I don't know.
It was an armor upgrade for Kat's helmet that would have added better resistance against headshots. He decided not to give it to her after she drove three warthogs off a cliff one at a time, resulting in at least sixteen civilian and friendly forces casualties.
ands2 wrote:
In the cutscene prior to the Long Night of Solace mission in Halo Reach, Jorge throws a briefcase down as they walk into the cave they are in. I always thought this was interesting because the camera seems to linger on the case for a moment, as if it was of importance, yet no one mentions it in the cutscene. What's in the case? Is it ever explained? Was there some cut dialogue that related to it? Maybe Jorge just took the Pulp Fiction briefcase, I don't know.
It was probably just misc equipment/ammo. Could even be rations, communication equipment… literally anything troops would need when secluded from the majority of their forces, which, at the time of the cave is their exact situation given the Scarab patrolling nearby
he was the only one with no weapon at him ( maybe carter too i didnt remember ) for me i always thought its just a secure case for carrieng his modified machinegun.
Yeah, it's a pretty weird directing choice. Same with the dialogue that implies Jun will kill Doctor Halsey to prevent the Covenant from capturing her.
Yeah, it's a pretty weird directing choice. Same with the dialogue that implies Jun will kill Doctor Halsey to prevent the Covenant from capturing her.
There are definitely some interesting decisions made in some of reach's cutscenes
It’s where he keeps his rock collection
Tupperware full of moa burgers
It's his mobile turret.