Jorge survived halo reach

OP Acepilotjdc2318

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Y’all Jorge survived because the slip space “bomb” just teleported half the shoot, which means that Jorge could still be alive in some random part of space floating around in half of the Long Night of Solace. Kind of like how master chief did at the end of halo 3 and begging of 4. Good theory?
The slip space malfunction would've burnt the ship to pieces, considering the fact Jorge was on an already burning carrier. It's unlikely he did survive, but then again. Not so impossible.
Slip space also generates a huge amount of lethal radiation that requires shielding or very thick armor to not be affected by. He's dead. Every member of Noble Team is dead save for Jun. Deal with it.
He's dead. Every member of Noble Team is dead save for Jun. Deal with it.
I refuse to get past Step 1
The two situations were different. At the end of H3, the portal to Earth generated by the Ark closed which meant half of the ship was not able to make it through and was left floating in the middle of nowhere. In Reach, a slipspace engine created by humanity was repurposed to essentially be an unstable bomb.

If Bungie had wanted the possibility of Jorge surviving for a future game/book/comic, they would have not had him be in the center of something so bombastic. That was not their intention for any of Reach's characters. Reach was a one-and-done story and there is no conspiracy for any character. The only survivor is Jun. Bringing Jorge back would be an even worse handling of a character's death than what 343i already did with Cortana. Let it go.
Assuming he didn't die immediately, he would have been sent into slipspace with no way out. If the lack of oxygen and radiation didn't kill him, then he would have died of thirst.
Jorge is dead:
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/universe/characters/jorge-052
Quote:
BORN:
MARCH 5, 2511

DIED:
AUGUST 14, 2552

On August 14, 2552, Jorge died in defense of his homeworld, manually triggering a slipspace event near the Covenant supercarrier Long Night of Solace in an effort to stem the enemy’s implacable naval strength.
He gave his life thinking he'd just saved the planet. We should all be so lucky.
He’s dead. He would have nothing to live on if the high level of radiation itself didn’t kill him. There would also be a lack of oxygen, because his suit can’t sustain him indefinitely. This theory is also not anything new, players did the same thing back 9 years ago when we learnt of his death.
Abandonment issues? He was a ground zero of the blast with no helmet on, not that it would have mattered because the blast, reaction, whatever you call it would have atomised him, then strung out and scattered those atoms across slipspace. So no mate, our boy Jorge is brown bread dead.
Source: Ghosts of Onyx
If you attempt to jump to slipspace with a UNSC slipspace drive without the power nessacary for the action (obvious lack of a fusion reactor on that pelican) it will atomise whatever was caught within the slipspace events radius.
Can this thread get locked now, please.
I do not think so, he had no helmet on and then slip-space to another part of the galaxy. On top of that i would think he would either get incinerated like a fire or stretched like a black hole. I am no scientist though and there is ALWAYS hope.
I do not think so, he had no helmet on and then slip-space to another part of the galaxy. On top of that i would think he would either get incinerated like a fire or stretched like a black hole. I am no scientist though and there is ALWAYS hope.
There's no hope when it's been made official by the company that owns the franchise. Jorge is dead, end of story. This thread serves no other reason than to clutter the forum.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
He's dead Jim.
Slip space also generates a huge amount of lethal radiation that requires shielding or very thick armor to not be affected by. He's dead. Every member of Noble Team is dead save for Jun. Deal with it.
John-117 rides on Mantle's Approach... on the hull, in slipspace. In MJOLNIR. An argument could be made that this worked because of the tampering by the Librarian, but in theory, while I agree its nearly a certainty that Jorge-052 is KIA, its not technically impossible that he could have survived.
Zachu511 wrote:
John-117 rides on Mantle's Approach... on the hull, in slipspace. In MJOLNIR. An argument could be made that this worked because of the tampering by the Librarian, but in theory, while I agree its nearly a certainty that Jorge-052 is KIA, its not technically impossible that he could have survived.
In that case he's essentially just along for the ride, the same way In Amber Clad was, within the slip space bubble of another object. It's apparently not that hazardous.

Jorge's situation is very different. Even if he wasn't hurt by the blast or radiation, he'd be left teleported to a random point in space with dwindling air and supplies. Viewed in light of that, it's probably a nicer death to get instantly killed by the slipspace bomb than a lingering death.
Fuchsdh wrote:
Zachu511 wrote:
In that case he's essentially just along for the ride, the same way In Amber Clad was, within the slip space bubble of another object. It's apparently not that hazardous.

Jorge's situation is very different. Even if he wasn't hurt by the blast or radiation, he'd be left teleported to a random point in space with dwindling air and supplies. Viewed in light of that, it's probably a nicer death to get instantly killed by the slipspace bomb than a lingering death.
I agree fully, Jorge-052 is KIA, and no SPARTAN Operator wants to be taken out of the fight to die a slow death in vacuum. Just playing devil's advocate for the sake of discussion.
Zachu511 wrote:
Fuchsdh wrote:
Zachu511 wrote:

I agree fully, Jorge-052 is KIA, and no SPARTAN Operator wants to be taken out of the fight to die a slow death in vacuum. Just playing devil's advocate for the sake of discussion.
I'm not going to lie, it'd be a hilarious jump-the-shark moment if Jorge just appeared one day living some grizzled survivor life on an uncharted planet, and I'd go with it because there's still a slight chance he could have survived (and the history of humanity in the Covenant War is basically improbable luck leading to survival.)

But from a thematic standpoint, Bungie clearly wanted him dead and 343 ain't gonna' relitigate that. They already resurrected one Noble Team member, who had a much better chance of getting out. They're very unlikely to ever bring Jorge back.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4