1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 32
03/05/2511 - Jorge-052 is born on Pálháza, Reach. He will eventually be conscripted for
SPARTAN-II, and serve as a member of SPARTAN-III's Noble Team.
Quote:
This thread is about a week too late. You could have done, "2/21/2558 - On this day in Halo, the crew of the Infinity celebrates Infinity Day with cupcakes."

Now where's my cupcake...
Quote:
Quote:
Johnson was in his 80s. But even if he wasn't in good fighting shape he has either a Son or Daughter who might be able to help. Anyone from that Insurrectionist Colony could help.
Well, Johnson was a Spartan I, so im sure that helped him stay in the game longer. I also couldnt find a specific date of birth, so he could have only been in his 60s.
The Orion Project was relaunched in 2491 and we know Sergeant Johnson had been a part of it. He joined the Marines at age 19 so if we say he immediately became attached to Orion right out of basic, then his birth date would be around 2472. That would have made him 80 years old at the time of the Halo Trilogy. That's only an approximation because we don't know if he joined Orion right out of basic but he was definitely pushing his 80s at the end of the war.

Admiral Cole was born in 2470 so he would have been, or was, 82 years old at the time of the Trilogy. So their age difference isn't by much and Johnson was still in excellent fighting shape. Orion may have increased his life span a bit but you also have to factor in Cryo sleep, which Cole would have also used.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Exactly why i want 343i to answer this question! Can you imagine that guy back in action for the innies? Us Halo nuts would be drooling to see him out there.
Even if the guy is still alive, wouldnt he be pushing 100? Hardly military material lol.
Johnson was in his 80s. But even if he wasn't in good fighting shape he has either a Son or Daughter who might be able to help. Anyone from that Insurrectionist Colony could help.
You do realize he was talking about Preston Cole, right?
Yes, yes I do. My point is Sergeant Johnson was pushing his 80s but he was still in good fighting shape. We can't assume Cole is some old fogey just because he's in his 80s. I was also referring to the possibility that Cole's Son or Daughter would be able to assist because his wife was Pregnant before her disappearance. They also have the Colony he ran away too which may render assistance. They have the resources to not only maintain old UNSC ships, but also design, engineer and build brand new ones so they are doing pretty well for themselves. And that was in 2543, imagine how much they have prospered by 2558.

Quote:
03/05/2511 - Jorge-052 is born on Pálháza, Reach. He will eventually be conscripted for
SPARTAN-II, and serve as a member of SPARTAN-III's Noble Team.
You know a short story about Jorge's recruitment into Noble Team would make for an interesting read. We know how Kurt was recruited and it was so top secret the other Spartans thought he was dead. So did they do the same for Jorge?
03/09/2525 - All seventy-five SPARTAN-II conscripts undergo a serious of dangerous biological augmentations.
Half of which are either killed or horribly disfigured. Only about 30 or so survive the procedure and become Spartans.

Example.
And John is one of them ^
03/13/2502 - The UNSC conducts Operation: KALEIDOSCOPE on Harvest with the successful assassination of Jerald Ander, Secessionist Union leader.
Quote:
03/13/2502 - The UNSC conducts Operation: KALEIDOSCOPE on Harvest with the successful assassination of Jerald Ander, Secessionist Union leader.
Operation: KALEIDOSCOPE was carried out by members of the top secret Project: ORION. Jerald Ander was shot and killed in an open-top vehicle while being driven around. The shot was taken by a young Corporal Avery Junior Johnson, using a M99 Special Application Scoped "Gauss" Rifle. The M99 fired a .21 caliber bullet 15,000 meters a second, (9.3 miles a second), severing Ander's head and upper torso from the rest of his body.
Quote:
On this day in Halo, Forerunners built structures on Delta Halo.

But no seriously, thanks for the answer.
No problem, Cobra! ;D
03/19/2492 - Catherine Elizabeth Halsey is born. She will become the creator of the SPARTAN-II and MJOLNIR projects in an effort to end the Insurrection.
I would not worry about Spartan or those involved with Spartan projects ages. In Forward unto Dawn web series when the Spartans take off their helmets they are directly asked "How old are you?" only to give the answer "That's Classified"

Just how long a Spartan may live is unknown as far as I know.

Spartans Never Die, They are only MIA.
No! Don't let this thread die!
Quote:
No! Don't let this thread die!
This thread cant "die" because it is stickied.

It also cant die because there are events that happened in Halo that we havent gotten to yet.

This isnt a thread that posts something lore-related everyday, its a thread that posts something lore-related on the actual in-universe date in which it happened. There are just some days where nothing happened. Not all days are created equal.
Here's one for today, BS Angel:

April 2, 2491

Planet XF-063 (later known as Onyx) is marked by a survey team.
April 5, 2550

At a ceremony in downtown Quezon, Reach, Lieutenant Miranda Keyes is promoted to Lieutenant Commander, receives the Silver Star (awarded by Fleet Admiral Hood himself), and is assigned her own command, the UNSC frigate In Amber Clad FFG-201. Her father, Commander Jacob Keyes is on hand for the promotion ceremony.
Thank you to those contributing! Here is another one:

04/05/2550 - Miranda Keyes receives a Silver Star and assumes command of the UNSC In Amber Clad.
My version has more meat, Jess. :)

- Loftus

(I'll format the date like yours next time.)
04/09/2530

Dr. Halsey notes in her journal that CPO Mendez is incommunicado and no one seems to know his whereabouts.
04/11/2543 - The battle of Psi Serpentis begins UNSC Wink of an Eye's reconnaissance.
04/13/2552

Spartan III S-B312 begins his counter-insurgency operations on the colony Mamore. Operations last until May 10. During this time, his initiative, discipline, ingenuity, and piloting skills were noticed by Col. Holland of NOBLE Team leading to S-B312 as the choice to eventually fill in for the original Noble 6, who was killed in action.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 32