Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Universe

let's design new vehicles

OP isorwillbe

Doesn't have to be particularly effective (or particularly balanced), can be as in-depth as you like (or not at all), just for funsies.
I'll go first: The UNSC Hummingbird. Ultralight Helicopter, two-seater, enclosed cabin, lacks attached weapons. Much like the Mongoose, it generally works best at getting someone (and their buddy) from point A to point B at a moments notice. Not exactly effective combat-wise, moreso for movement. Easily taken down to be sure, but makes up for it in speed and capability of temporary active camo assuming the pilot has it.
UNSC Simitar. Extremely small one-seater fighter with cloaking technology. Can fire torpedoes, 7.62 rounds, and EMP charges. Small wingspan, only three meters across. High maneuverability and sleath abilities, being able to disappear from scanners and reappear in another spot efficiently and quickly.

Purpose of these fighters is to wear down Covenant cruiser shields in space skirmishes. Able to disappear and reappear in separate spots to evade the covenant plasma beams. To Covenant commanders these fighters may be not worth their attention because of their lack of heavy payloads, but overlooking the Simitars may be their fatal flaw. By swarming the covenant cruisers in erratic motions, the job of these fighters is to wear down the shields of the cruisers subtely, softening them up for a MAC round, nuke, or even conventional weapons from a nearby frigiate.
Covenant vehicle called a Vision

Firepower of the Revenant, two Wraith-like turret seats on either side, no boost... sort of like the Spectre but with turret seats instead of gunner seats, slightly bigger than the Revenant but smaller than the Wraith, low to the ground and blocky-shaped
Every time one of these threads come up, I will never not suggest the Forerunner Lightcycle. It's like the Lightcycle but with a Forerunner skin. It's hard light trailing behind it can either protect teammates or destroy boosting vehicles.
Every time one of these threads come up, I will never not suggest the Forerunner Lightcycle. It's like the Lightcycle but with a Forerunner skin. It's hard light trailing behind it can either protect teammates or destroy boosting vehicles.
That's very difficult not to love as an idea!

I'm envisaging a Banished vehicle with a mega-sized skewer- similar aesthetic to a reaver skimmer from Firefly. Driver, turret gunner maybe even a couple of passenger seats or LMG turrets
I said it before, the flying Forklift. It uses jet thrusters so we could have our version of a Bugger swarm - FORKLIFT SWARM!!! How you gonna stop it? It's absolutely impossible.
Lmao like the lightcycle from Tron? I mean if Forerunners had a version similar to that it would be useful making hard light ribbons for boxing in warthogs, wraiths, and ghosts on the ground.
I said it before, the flying Forklift. It uses jet thrusters so we could have our version of a Bugger swarm - FORKLIFT SWARM!!! How you gonna stop it? It's absolutely impossible.
What we need is a flying forklift able to carry HAVOK nukes
What we need is a flying forklift able to carry HAVOK nukes
"Hey uh, Covenant cargo bay door operator guy, this is Flying Forklift 1, you mind opening the door - got something of yours I'm returning. Wow, can't believe that worked. I'll just put it right here. Not sure what it is but there's a note inside if you wanna unpack it. Have a nice day." The note says "giving you back your bomb."
If the Prometheans are gonna become a mainstay of Halo then we need to flush out their vehicle sandbox a lot. Here's a start:
  • a counterpart to the warthog/ghost: functions like a ghost with the hovering and boost capability but requires a driver and gunner like the warthog. It would shoot hard light rather than plasma and have a more angular design with a gray and blue aesthetic
  • a counterpart to the scorpion/wraith: hovers and boosts like a wraith but shoots hard light with the same trajectory as a scorpion. More angular design with a gray and blue aesthetic as well
If the Prometheans are gonna become a mainstay of Halo then we need to flush out their vehicle sandbox a lot. Here's a start:
  • a counterpart to the warthog/ghost: functions like a ghost with the hovering and boost capability but requires a driver and gunner like the warthog. It would shoot hard light rather than plasma and have a more angular design with a gray and blue aesthetic
  • a counterpart to the scorpion/wraith: hovers and boosts like a wraith but shoots hard light with the same trajectory as a scorpion. More angular design with a gray and blue aesthetic as well
A mobile ground Watrhog-esqe varient it the most needed imo. In general you are very correct that the prometheans should be getting more vehicles, I think the Phaeton is great but most of the rest of the promethean arsenal isnt really my favorite so I am curious to see what more vehicles would be like.
a forklift that can carry things and lift them up
a forklift that can carry things and lift them up
Exactly. Did you see mine above? I think it could be very useful, especially with the example scenario. haahaha!
I honestly have no ideas for creating a new vehicle, but I would like a floating UNSC ground vehicle, hard to think of, but not impossible.
I know this technically isn't a new vehicle but I feel like it would be real cool to see the cyclops from Halo Wars. I know it isn't likely and seems far from practical but having that as basically a giant beefed up tank version of the mantis to me sounds fun. Though balancing on that and making it both fun to shoot at people with but fair enough for other players seems tough to do in a multiplayer setting, so I know there's pretty much no way 343's gonna add it into Infinite. Hopefully there'll be a mod in the future or something though. Also forklift, the forklift is definitely needed for Infinite.
A mobile ground Watrhog-esqe varient it the most needed imo. In general you are very correct that the prometheans should be getting more vehicles, I think the Phaeton is great but most of the rest of the promethean arsenal isnt really my favorite so I am curious to see what more vehicles would be like.
Agreed on the warthog variant being most needed. A scene from H5 really drives the point home for me. When you're on Meridian fighting through waves of Prometheans as you drive in a warthog, there's a part where you drive across a bridge and a group of Prometheans enter a warthog and start shooting at you. I felt that would have been so much cooler if it was a Promethean vehicle instead of them just stealing a warthog.

It was the equivalent of present-day soldiers commandeering a 17th century cannon instead of just using a humvee.