Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Master Chief and Parisa

OP MikaelBB

Should Parisa make an appearance in future Halo games?
For those who don't know who Parisa is: Parisa is John´s childhood friend and John told to Parisa that he would marry her in the future. During the Battle of Mombasa she was in command of First Platoon of Kilo Company but her fate after the Battle of Mombasa is unknown.

So what do you guys think?
What would be the purpose? She was put in to give Chief some more depth, and make his story a bit more tragic. Putting her back in would be pointless.
What would be the purpose? She was put in to give Chief some more depth, and make his story a bit more tragic. Putting her back in would be pointless.
Well yeah maybe you are right.
Have chief have an admiral Cole type "death" only to discover at the end that he retired to an undiclosed planet with parisa and their kids
To what end?
A happy one, hopefully.
( ._.)
Have chief have an admiral Cole type "death" only to discover at the end that he retired to an undiclosed planet with parisa and their kids
Come on, you can disclose what really happened. Chief retires to the same planet as Cole and spends his days sipping Pina Coladas on the beach while occasionally helping out on Cole's ranch.
They also spend an exorbitant amount of time arguing over who has the higher enemy kill count.
Spoiler:
Show
Come on, you can disclose what really happened. Chief retires to the same planet as Cole and spends his days sipping Pina Coladas on the beach while occasionally helping out on Cole's ranch.
They also spend an exorbitant amount of time arguing over who has the higher enemy kill count.
Spoiler:
Show
Have the illusion that chief is dead just like Cole but let him be in peace away from all the fighting
I never liked Palace Hotel. It contradicted Halo 2, and went against everything we knew about the Chief from The Fall of Reach.
Greatest ending for John should be similar to the Dark Knight series ending for Bruce Wayne.

instalation 07 (whichever ring we are on in Infinite) explosdes, Cortana is deafted, John narrowly escapes but the UNSC don’t know his fate. Instead of returning to the Infinity, he searches for Parisa’s credentials in the pelican. He arrives on a undisclosed planet. All he leaves is a bruner device for blue team.
I never liked Palace Hotel. It contradicted Halo 2, and went against everything we knew about the Chief from The Fall of Reach.
It didn't contradict Halo 2, we simply didn't see it in-game. Also, the Chief doesn't seem off in the story.
It didn't contradict Halo 2, we simply didn't see it in-game. Also, the Chief doesn't seem off in the story.
Palace Hotel details the Chief's journey after the Scarab shoots his Pelican down in New Mombasa, but these events are already exactly what we play through in Halo 2 (i.e. Outskirts and Metropolis), and what Palace Hotel describes is nothing like those event's
In 2001, it was revealed via The Fall of Reach that John was a selfish and friendless child before being indoctrinated into the Spartan II Program. It's out of character that he had asked a girl to marry him at six years old. He was a social outcast and a bully. It wasn't until he met Sam and Kelly that he began to change.
Palace Hotel details the Chief's journey after the Scarab shoots his Pelican down in New Mombasa, but these events are already exactly what we play through in Halo 2 (i.e. Outskirts and Metropolis), and what Palace Hotel describes is nothing like those event's
In 2001, it was revealed via The Fall of Reach that John was a selfish and friendless child before being indoctrinated into the Spartan II Program. It's out of character that he had asked a girl to marry him at six years old. He was a social outcast and a bully. It wasn't until he met Sam and Kelly that he began to change.
He only acted like that towards boys he was playing king of the hill against in fall of reach.Just because he shows a side of him like that from time to time doesn't mean he can't have a soft spot for someone or good heart
To what end?
Slipping in a Laskey quote there I see ;)

I could imagine them exploring her more in the books. They could choose to pair them up on some sort of mission where they get to know each other again. Maybe she falls back in love with him, while Chief is unable to reciprocate the feelings he once had, to focused on his mission.
Then they could kill her off! For drama.
Maybe Cortana does it, for more drama, cementing her as a villain and a reason for John to hate her, having destroyed his chance to rediscover his lost self, his humanity.

That escalated a little...
But nah, I doubt they'd bring her into the games for more than an easter egg.
He only acted like that towards boys he was playing king of the hill against in fall of reach.Just because he shows a side of him like that from time to time doesn't mean he can't have a soft spot for someone or good heart
True. Doesn't excuse the rest though.
I hope they do bring her into the games; maybe she'll be in Halo:Infinite, as one of the Marines stranded on the ring. In fact, she could probably fill in the role that Cortana had, of humanizing the Chief. 343i said that they know where the Chief's story ends; maybe it ends with the Chief retiring and living the rest of his days with Parisa. That would be the Happy Ending and the one that's most unlikely. While I don't think that 343i would have gone through the trouble of introducing her character and emphasizing her connection with the Chief without giving it some form of pay-off, considering that the Didact was put on the side despite being given a three-book back story, its possible that her character will be completely forgotten.
Like I said, I hope they'll introduce her.
Completely agree. It felt like Parisa and her connection to Chief was just shoved in there for the sake of having a twist, not because it made sense or was something that was going to be explored in the future.
would be nice if she did I know she was mentioned and questioned in hunt the truth about john and maybe she will replacing Cortana's role as humanizing chief but who knows whats gonna happen maybe they wont and just explore their relationships through novels and other forms of media
To what end?
Slipping in a Laskey quote there I see ;)

I could imagine them exploring her more in the books. They could choose to pair them up on some sort of mission where they get to know each other again. Maybe she falls back in love with him, while Chief is unable to reciprocate the feelings he once had, to focused on his mission.
Then they could kill her off! For drama.
Maybe Cortana does it, for more drama, cementing her as a villain and a reason for John to hate her, having destroyed his chance to rediscover his lost self, his humanity.

That escalated a little...
But nah, I doubt they'd bring her into the games for more than an easter egg.
This is the only type of reintroduction I would be happy with tbf