Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Master Chief Kill Count

OP j king345

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
I think the games exaggerate how many flood and Covenant we kill. Considering how far Master Chief finds himself behind enemy lines I always imagined most of the time he's sneaking around, trekking through Halo terrains and forests away from enemy sight, and avoiding as many fire-fights as possible.

Although he does destroy a huge covenant ship with a bomb in Halo 2, and he is responsible/partially responsible for destroying two Halo rings...
hmmm...
i would say master chief kill count is above 10 million easily he goes on solo mission a ton. this is a combination of covenant, flood, forerunners and the ditact forces. also if you have read the books and some of the in between before the war with the covenant you would know Spartans were fighting terrorist. also in halo only one human has a nickname given to them by the covenant elites and prophets which is Demon. also before the chief crash the pillar of atume on a halo ring in one of the books a elite said to the grunts that 117 was responsible for the deaths of tens of thousands of his kind and even more. also none -Yoinks!- with the chief that is a law of the halo universe. his god in a way he destroyed 1 super carrier, 2-5 capital ships, 6+ dozen corvets, covie station, argent moon station plus about a 1 to 2 dozen covenant corvets with the explosion, the chief has done over 2,000 missions before halo five against the covenant. nobody orders the chief around he does what he wants and that would be kicking -Yoink- and sending people to their graves
If anyone does find out a rough number on how much he has killed, please quote me and let me know. I also would like references on where you got the round number from. This is a very interesting topic.
Since the Arbiter was the covenent version of master chief than I would say 1 billion if not more. He is a living legend after all. I don't think we would ever truely know the actual count because the flood and pometheans complicate kill counts, like if he kills an elite and that elite becomes infected and he kills the infected form is that two kills or one? Does a single spore count as one kill? What about if he kills a knight then it gets revived and he kills it again is that one or two kills? What if he kills a gravemind, is that one kill? We will never know his true K/D, only that ours are WAY lower than his.
Since the Arbiter was the covenent version of master chief than I would say 1 billion if not more. He is a living legend after all. I don't think we would ever truely know the actual count because the flood and pometheans complicate kill counts, like if he kills an elite and that elite becomes infected and he kills the infected form is that two kills or one? Does a single spore count as one kill? What about if he kills a knight then it gets revived and he kills it again is that one or two kills? What if he kills a gravemind, is that one kill? We will never know his true K/D, only that ours are WAY lower than his.
The infected elite counts as 1 1/2 and the spore counts a 1/2 XD. If we count him as cause of the Great Schism, it exceeds Arbiter’s.
b12ickt0p wrote:
infinty

+1
And a bag of chips.
With a Mtn Dew on the side.
I'd say around 100,000 with his own hands or gun in person

With the effects of his actions added, around 1 to 5.117 million (schism, Installation 04A explosion, destroying that fleet at the re-fuel balloon)
The Arbiter kill count isn't him personally killing a billion but leading campaigns which led to a billion deaths. I would MC kill count from the war, between his personal kills and shared counts from ops like silent storm and first strike, the flood and the forerunners would put him between 15-25 million. If we look at his personal count then I would say between 500k - 1.5 million.
j king345 wrote:
I was reading up on the Arbiter and found out that he is responsible for the deaths of 1 billion humans. I immediately began to wonder what Master Chief's kill count on the Covenant was. It's gotta be somewhere past 500,000 at least, right?
Dr. Halsey was qouted in saying that Chief was one of the few that had the classification as Hyper Lethal. the only other person to hold that was Nobel 6. See if that helps you at all and let us know
I reckon is pretty high
Chief's kill count: 999999999999999999999999846557356437542845t47678

In all seriousness, it's definitely over 500,000.
I think 300,000 would be at the very least. I mean we’re talking 43+ years of war for John, starting when he killed trainers and ODSTs in the II program, all the way to infinite. I think at the very most maybe around 800,000...?
I feel like its nearing the 1 million mark, John has done a lot in his years in the war so its safe to assume its near 1 mil imo. Whitcomb and Grey Team have the highest imo mainly because they both used NOVA bombs. You could say that Grey Team's kill count with the NOVA doesn't count because it was after the war was officially declared over and it was mainly Sangheili civilians.
He helped destroy the station Unyielding Hierophant and approximately 480 nearby vessels, as well as Alpha Halo, which also saw a significant fleet deployment.

At least 7.2 million Covenant crew and troops are estimated to have been lost on board the ships near the Unyielding Hierophant alone. We can probably estimate a crew compliment on the UH of around 50,000 minimum, and probably up to 200,000. Alpha Halo losses vary greatly, with estimates of between 800,000 and 10 million Covenant troops, which includes those deployed on the surface and in orbit of the structure.

Total of Covenant personnel losses at those two incidents are therefore estimated at 12.3 million.

If we include his total service record I would roughly estimate Covenant losses due to the Master Chief at around 25 million. Though it should be noted that these are not his total personal combat kills. This estimate is from operations and missions resulting from his involvement.
watch this video. it has a rough estimate of chief kill count before HALO 1, and this event between fall of reach and HALO 1 is what gave chief the nickname Demon from the Covernant.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgYVNnqz7z0
You should ask Cortana, I think she aided him in most of those deaths so she'll have the most accurate number
b12ickt0p wrote:
infinty

+1
So that is why the next game is called Infinite.The more you know. /s
all of it.
I mean just looking at the CAS class assault carrier cheif destroys in halo 2, it was crewed by several thousand and carried several thousand passengers.
It’s most likely a lot over 500k however there’s no canon number
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3