Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Master Chief's Face

OP PainfulOrb15

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
With the Fall of Reach Animated Series, we kind of have a clue what the Master Chief's face looks like as an adult (somewhat). How many in the community are satisfied with how John might look like behind his helmet? He looks like this.
I'm okay with his face that FoR animated series showed but you know his face (the one you linked) changed a lot since he was 10-15 years old (don't know exactly right now) when SII's went through the augmentation.
There are some fan imagination about Chief face, you probably know about these 2: 1st, 2nd but a few week ago I found this, which is very realistic. What do you think about the last one? Because I think I would choose the last one for John's face.
I'm okay with his face that FoR animated series showed but you know his face (the one you linked) changed a lot since he was 10-15 years old (don't know exactly right now) when SII's went through the augmentation.
There are some fan imagination about Chief face, you probably know about these 2: 1st, 2nd but a few week ago I found this, which is very realistic. What do you think about the last one? Because I think I would choose the last one for John's face.
I imagined John's face as being similar to the last one, with a less-squared jaw.
The last one looks good but his eyes are a bit too intense for my liking and also where is the red hair?? just because it's a buzz cut doesn't mean the redness of hair goes away.
The first one looks like a render of the old guy from the Metallica video.
I'm in the Doesn't Matter category since the FoR series was highly stylized like the Clone Wars series was. If you squint your eyes and downplay some of the colors more vibrant than they should be, you kinda get the idea of what he should look like.
The last one looks good but his eyes are a bit too intense for my liking and also where is the red hair?? just because it's a buzz cut doesn't mean the redness of hair goes away.
The Chief doesn't have red hair, and never has. He's always been described as having brown hair.
lol :D
from which metallica video?
I'm alright with seeing what his face looked like as a child, when obviously he wasn't wearing armor all the time. But as an adult, I like the mystery. It's what adds to the allure of the character. If I know what adult John-117 looks like, it will kind of ruin the enigma. Learning about his past is fine, though.
If it were up to me, and it's not by any means, I would leave Master Chief's face behind the helmet. Don't really care how he looks, but I would leave each player to have their own vision of what he looks like. That way they get attached to "their" version of Chief.
Actually it does. I am a redhead, and I actually shave my hair down and it looks brown until it grows out for awhile.
Enter Sandman
I can't agree that this helps show what he looks like as an adult. Being trained in nothing , but war since 6 years of age ,then battling human rebels immediately after, then the three decades of nonstop war against the covenant. Witnessing so much death, his allies, friends, family(SIIs). And being responsible for arguably just as much death. All that immense stress changes a person even their appearance.

Ive witnessed stress physically change people. But I could only imagine what all that would do to a person. Even people as stone cold as the SIIs
Spoiler:
Show
Enter Sandman
Yeah, the 2 are kinda similiar.
MC534 wrote:
If it were up to me, and it's not by any means, I would leave Master Chief's face behind the helmet. Don't really care how he looks, but I would leave each player to have their own vision of what he looks like. That way they get attached to "their" version of Chief.
Please no in an rpg yes. But im not having every freaking halo character be me. How can we relate to John at all we cant same reason bungie said Thel was us we couldnt relate to him.
Why does he look like a Russian Marcus Fenix?
The third image seems very appropriate...just the jaw is too square, even for the chief. The 2nd looks a lot like Major Lawrence Barnes from the Crysis Trilogy and the first one kinda looks like Luke Goss from Death Race 2!
The last is a very good option without all this scars
To be honest I feel like, if they reveal the Chief's face (which I would vastly prefer they did not), they should use Steve Downes as the model.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2