Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Master Chief vs Noble 6

OP Spartan0865047

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
On a perfectly even battle ground with chief armed with a BR or AR (you guys can choose for your personal scenarios) and a M6D magnum while Noble 6 is armed with a DMR as well as a M6G magnum who would win in a battle. My opinion is Chief would win with his superior armor, training, and augmentations but noble 6 is the only other hyper lethal spartan.
Isn't the SIII armour papermache compared to SII armour? Noble's hyper lethal status is against Covies with exposed flesh or energy shields at best. Good luck cracking Chief's Mjolnir.
MysticKami wrote:
Isn't the SIII armour papermache compared to SII armour? Noble's hyper lethal status is against Covies with exposed flesh or energy shields at best. Good luck cracking Chief's Mjolnir.
While all of that is true except that 6 was a headhunter meaning he killed any rebel Spartans and he fought all kinds of Covina which actually elite armor only had the face exposed and had an under suit similar to chiefs with a bulky and actually stronger exterior plate compared to chiefs.
B312 was described as "breaking organisations and making entire militia groups disappear". It's mentioned that he participated in counter-insurgency operations on Mamore in early 2552. The Chief has great experience in dealing with insurrectionists as well on top of his exemplary record fighting against the Covenant. In those areas they're both highly qualified soldiers. Chief obviously has more experience as he's been fighting longer than B312.

Technically the SIIIs received superior training in relation to the SIIs as it was intended to help expedite and compensate for the lesser quality of them in relation to their predecessors. Candidates for the SIIIs weren't as "statistically robust" as they're having to relax the prerequisites in order to help meet the demand.

I think the odds are certainly in Chief's favour. You could give both Spartans Mark IV armour and I still lean towards the Chief. The only avenues for B312 to win here, in my opinion, would be if he had superior weaponry, more efficient armour, or was given the Gamma company augmentations. With even those odds, I'm still not completely inclined to believe that his victory is assured.

Buck's analogy in the novel "New Blood" is a good juxtaposition of the various generations of Spartans, in my opinion.

Spoiler:
Show
. . . Noble 6 is the only other hyper lethal Spartan.
Has it ever actually been stated that the other unnamed "hyper lethal" Spartan was in fact 117? It's definitely implied by marketing and ancillary materials, given that a new player character is being touted as at least just-as-good as the preceding, the iconic and the franchise emblem via a spoon-fed "this one is really good, too!" with Halsey as an unlikely hypeman, but was 117 ever actually specified as the other "hyper lethal vector"?

I've actually assumed it was Fred being implicitly compared to 6 in the canon, and John implicitly for the marketing, both with the same dialogue. Given that Fred is pretty much the second best-rated individual Spartan at every role the II's ever occupied- command or squad lead, sniper/spotter, midrange marksman, CQC/hand-to-hand, solo recon, etc- it works better in my head if he's the S-II unwittingly pitted against 6 for comparison. He's almost never the single best, but he's usually the second best S-II in any given role, and that's all rolled into one soldier. 104 is a one-man force threat profile.

I'm probably just reading into it too much. I was visibly tickled for nearly a half-hour when I first saw that for HCEA 343i changed the second cryo bay's readout on the Autumn to show 058, so that's a good indication of how much more I got out of the Nylund novels than the games alone back then.
MysticKami wrote:
While all of that is true except that 6 was a headhunter meaning he killed any rebel Spartans and he fought all kinds of Covina which actually elite armor only had the face exposed and had an under suit similar to chiefs with a bulky and actually stronger exterior plate compared to chiefs.
Were there any confirmed Spartan IIs that he was sent to headhunt? Otherwise he'd be taking down IIIs with similar papermache. And if Noble was the crack shot he needed to be, he'd pop Covie shields and headshot them in the face. Work smarter, not harder. But none of that really compares to the superior bulk of a II.

Therefore, my opinion is that Noble cannot take Chief (or many other IIs) from a distance without the right weapons and the element of surprise.
I think perhaps master chief could defeat noble 6 and the geas don't let him die it's like a privilege that makes him stronger fighting
Master cheif mo matter what.
Hard to say. We know way more in terms of MC than 6, both in combat history and detail. 6 is way more of a mystery.
Master Chief-S117’s Gear:
Primary Weapon: BR55 (Halo: 2 Battle Rifle)
Secondary Weapon: M6G 2552 Model (Halo: 3 Magnum)
Equipment: Z-4190 (Halo: 3 Bubble Shield)
Armor: Mark IV Mjolnir Armor (H2/H3 Armor)

Noble Six-B312’s Gear:
Primary Weapon: M392 (Halo: Reach DMR)
Secondary Weapon: M6G 2546 Model (Halo: Reach Magnum)
Armor Ability: Evade
Armor: Mark V Mjolnir Amor w/ Standard Mark V [B] Helmet

That is my “ideal” scenario for this discussion. I want everyone to have fun with it, and play around with ideas... Oh, I almost forgot!

Spoiler:
Show
I'd like to say if I was playing as Noble 6, I'd give the Chief a run for his money
Moyer wrote:
I'd like to say if I was playing as Noble 6, I'd give the Chief a run for his money
Haha, I feel like it would be the “Lone Wolf” mission all over again! No matter how hard you try or how well you do, it always ends the same way.
Chief would probably win against 6 7/10 times.
UK1V wrote:
Moyer wrote:
Haha, I feel like it would be the “Lone Wolf” mission all over again! No matter how hard you try or how well you do, it always ends the same way.
Agreed, you’ll lower his shields and then he’ll rain hell on you with a BxR
Moyer wrote:
UK1V wrote:
Moyer wrote:
Agreed, you’ll lower his shields and then he’ll rain hell on you with a BxR
Yep, and so begins the cutscene of Noble 6’s demise hahaha
Guys I know we’re starving for fresh Halo content and themes, but yeah nothing about the fiction indicates this would even be a challenging beef for the Chief.
Master Chief easily, spartan II's have been regarded as being stronger.
If the fight was "fair"... then master chief. he's a stronger, faster, and more experienced. If the fight is "unfair" Six could easily win it though.
I would assume that Chief would win, not only because he's faster or stronger, but because he has Cortana and his "luck." However, I still believe that Chief would win even without Cortana because his augmentations make him much more powerful than Noble Six's.
I think we all know the answer to this one.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2