Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Mendicant Bias Halo Wars 2

OP TRUe REDEMPTI0N

We all knows Wars 2 is set on the smaller Ark in 2559. Something I'm curious about whether our favorite tragic Contender-class AI will have an appearance in the game. Mendicant Bias was put into exile on Installation 00, with his matrix being fragmented and sent out elsewhere. We know Bias had the fragment aboard High Charity's Keyship, which reunited with him when Truth arrived to the Ark. Bias wants to atone for his mistakes, wanting to help the Reclaimers (John being an example). With the Spirit of Fire arriving on the Ark, you'd think he'd try to help them. I hope at some point in the game, they make it to the deserts of the Ark, and MB is finally released. It would be great for a couple reasons: 1) Finally getting to see Mendicant Bias in a game would be a dream come true. 2) Having an AI that could probably outclass and outsmart Cortana. I think it would be a sadly missed opportunity if Bias is fully back in action by the end of the game, ready to kick Cortana's -Yoink-. Do you think Mendicant Bias will be in Halo Wars 2, and will lead into the bigger plot?
Now that you've said this, you've give me a good reason to actually purchase a game I wouldnt have originally bought, simply to find out myself. May I say thank you, and I absolutely bloody hope he is in there somewhere! (I prefer not to google or YouTube the story, until I've completed the games first)
Now that you've said this, you've give me a good reason to actually purchase a game I wouldnt have originally bought, simply to find out myself. May I say thank you, and I absolutely bloody hope he is in there somewhere! (I prefer not to google or YouTube the story, until I've completed the games first)
Awesome!! Your'e welcome man, and let's hope this turns out to be true.
I actually just posted on another thread mentioning a theory I had, which would be interesting to see with this scenario. Cortana is going a bit crazy - a lot of people think that her time with the Gravemind is starting to affect her the way the Primordial/Precursor (I can never remember, my apologies) affected Mendicant Bias the first time. That being said, if Mendicant made a return starting in Halo Wars 2, and decided to assist the UNSC, or Reclaimers, he would prove to be an impressive ally against Cortana.

However, what if Mendicant is still having problems? What if it's still not completely "healed"? Having an AI as powerful as Mendicant would be an extremely dangerous enemy to any faction of the Halo universe. I can't wait to see if he'll return and if he does, what will happen.
Given how he implied that he was going to die when the Halo Ring that the Lesser Ark built fired in addition to him not being mentioned at all in Primordium for the UNSC parts when they're at the Ark and Hunters in the Dark?

I don't see him reappearing in Halo Wars 2.

I wished he would appear in the game but I simply don't see it happening.
ZadusHalo wrote:
I actually just posted on another thread mentioning a theory I had, which would be interesting to see with this scenario. Cortana is going a bit crazy - a lot of people think that her time with the Gravemind is starting to affect her the way the Primordial/Precursor (I can never remember, my apologies) affected Mendicant Bias the first time. That being said, if Mendicant made a return starting in Halo Wars 2, and decided to assist the UNSC, or Reclaimers, he would prove to be an impressive ally against Cortana.

However, what if Mendicant is still having problems? What if it's still not completely "healed"? Having an AI as powerful as Mendicant would be an extremely dangerous enemy to any faction of the Halo universe. I can't wait to see if he'll return and if he does, what will happen.
It's highly suggested, through the differences in how Mendicant Bias talks to the Chief compared to his discussions with the Gravemind that turned him rampant, that Mendicant Bias achieved metastability, the final stage of rampancy. His reflection on his past actions and his pledge to keep Chief safe (it seems Bias knew why MC was on Installation 04B and what he wanted to do, and knew that firing the ring would destroy it) all suggest a return to a stable state; he was not expressing melancholy, anger, or jealousy.
I have no idea who Medicant Bias is. But from reading your short summary of him i think i get it. And about him appearing in Halo Wars 2 I say this and only this; cool.
Right now it could go either way with Mendicant Bias in Halo Wars 2.
Back in Halo 3's terminals, it appeared to us that all that remained of him was a digital essence, that would probably be destroyed when the Halo fired.
Since then, we have learned through the Forerunner Saga, specifically the audio Epilogue of Silentium that his physical vessel was buried on the Ark. And that his thought for eternity would be atonement. The Iso-Didact spared him so that he could help the Galaxy. Here is the written transcript for reference. Specifically this section:
Spoiler:
Show
You could argue that his atonement was helping John escape the blast of the ring.
You could also argue, he is the sole cause of the unfortunate turn of events for Humanity (The Didact, and by extension, Cortana).
Had Bias not sent John's half of Forward Unto Dawn to Requiem, the Ur-Didact would not have awakened. Thus by extension, Cortana wouldn't be alive to be corrupted by the Domain and become dictator of the Galaxy.
Now, as for his involvement in Halo Wars 2. Someone got the Spirit of Fire to the Ark. There's no way it just happened to drift out of the Galaxy right to the Ark. (It's impossible because the Ark is so far away from the Galaxy anyway). So it was either Bias or some other Forerunner construct that teleported the SoF to the Ark.
I realize bias did not make an appearance in Hunters in the Dark, but Vale and Company had that other A.I to contend with, so had he been added, it might have convoluted the story.
343 knows what happens down the line, and I think they're saving Bias' awakening for Halo Wars 2. It would be such an impactful event that it deserves an In-Game Cutscene, and not a few paragraphs of a book.