1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
I think Lord Hood was pretty annoying in halo 4
del rio I think is annoying
343 Guilty Spark. Seriously, he’s so annoying.
Tanaka.
I would say Tanaka but in order to be an annoying character you need to have a personality in the first place. So Del Rio, dude has an unnecessary hate for the SIIs, even going as far as trying to retire them iirc, and was rather incompetent. In fact I'm pretty sure the only reason he was given command of Infinity is because they didnt want to deal with his -Yoink- back home.
Warden Eternal. Just an angry old man.
Legitsky wrote:
Warden Eternal: NAG NAG NAG NAG NAG NAG NAG NAG!
Legitsky wrote:
Warden Eternal: NAG NAG NAG NAG NAG NAG NAG NAG!
A nagging simp for "My Lady".
Warden Eternal. No interesting characteristics, yammers on relentlessly, no point to his existence, multiple times fighting him is redundant.
oh shoot... accidently said Lord Hood... it's actually del rio I think is annoying
Please don't post multiple time in a row. If you need to add more information or quote other users, you can edit your last post. Thanks
Storywise I don't care about anything post-H3 except for H4... and my vote goes for palmer in that game obviously. It's really frustrating to see she was going to have a better introduction and more camaradery with chief instead of just stale the entire campaign and be REALLY annoying in spartan ops.
I mean this.
la spartan palmer
mine has too be 343 Guilty Spark..... Especially in the mission the library on CE he just floats there gloating and being a cocky mr know it all....... hes a good character but hes just cocky and irritating in my opinion..... after spark it has to be Warden Eternal
Idk if this character has a name, but in halo 2 on metropolis i think it is. Beginning cutscene when Johnson drops off a scorpion, that male marine, because idk his name, irritates me so much lol XD
I have to say Warden Eternal. He was reused too much and was basically just a mini boss fight that made the game take longer
A lot of funny opinions here, for me it’ll be Sarah Palmer. She’s too cocky, “I thought you’d be taller.” Anyone else agree?
You realize it that remark was her being friendly, right? She's always had the utmost respect for the Chief. In many ways she's the only real Spartan to come out of 343ii's handling of the series.
I'm glad to see someone else gets this... it's a hallmark of military service, and most public service jobs in general. Especially high-stress jobs. I took that now infamous remark to mean "I know you've been gone a while, but you're still one of us".

I'm not a huge fan of Palmer for other reasons, like how she was written in Spartan Ops (as discussed by the poster above me), but this particular reason that so many people get hung up on about her is confusing to me.
Frankly there's a lot of attitudes towards Palmer that can easily be explained by people holding the same traits differently when applied to women.
Not like Johnson wasn't cheeky or mouthing off plenty in the games before.
Fuchsdh wrote:
A lot of funny opinions here, for me it’ll be Sarah Palmer. She’s too cocky, “I thought you’d be taller.” Anyone else agree?
You realize it that remark was her being friendly, right? She's always had the utmost respect for the Chief. In many ways she's the only real Spartan to come out of 343ii's handling of the series.
I'm glad to see someone else gets this... it's a hallmark of military service, and most public service jobs in general. Especially high-stress jobs. I took that now infamous remark to mean "I know you've been gone a while, but you're still one of us".

I'm not a huge fan of Palmer for other reasons, like how she was written in Spartan Ops (as discussed by the poster above me), but this particular reason that so many people get hung up on about her is confusing to me.
Frankly there's a lot of attitudes towards Palmer that can easily be explained by people holding the same traits differently when applied to women.
I personally couldn't care less about her genre. My problem is how little she does in H4's campaign to the point you can almost cut her out of the story, she has next to no interaction with chief. I posted a link above about H4's early cutscenes where for some reason they nailed it, but decided to scrap her at the end. In spartan ops she just seems cocky and angry at anything like a kid. Also johnson was a comedy master. Don't know or care about her other than H4.
mine has too be 343 Guilty Spark..... Especially in the mission the library on CE he just floats there gloating and being a cocky mr know it all....... hes a good character but hes just cocky and irritating in my opinion..... after spark it has to be Warden Eternal
I know. Guilty spark barely did anything about the reclaimer trying to be destroyed
Del Rio. Not a single redeemable quality to his character. He's just always grouchy with everyone, and is generally a terrible leader. Also bro I'm pretty sure there are like a million other threads about this topic verbatim.
Holy crap, how did I forget about this guy!
I wish I could forget about him. He sucked.
Oh god karens exist 500 years from now.
Fuchsdh wrote:

I can’t particularly remember there being the same level of negativity in relation to Miranda in Halo 2 & 3. I seem to recall people at worse saying she was a bit of a flat character in terms of personality, but I don’t think people actively disliked her in the same way they do Palmer.

It’s also not unlike the male characters in Halo have been universally received with praise. I know more then a few people who didn’t like Sergeant Johnson as they considered him a negative stereotype of African Americans. (I disagree with this vehemently and I like Johnson immensely, but that just goes to prove people view characters differently)

Likewise how many times have people accused Chief of being little more then an emotionless shell in a suit of green armour that people shouldn’t be as attached to as they are? (It’s a mute point. He sells video games better then most other fictional characters at the end of the day, and 343 should take on board)

I don’t think the negative reaction to Palmer is anything to do with her being a woman. It’s practically her every action in Spartan Ops including her condescending and snarky attitude towards and then attempt to murder Hasley that rubbed people up the wrong way.

Speaking of Hasley, to the best of my knowledge she isn’t exactly the hate sink amongst the fanbase despite certain people at 343 attempting to get people to see her that way. If anything most people see her as having been unfairly treated in universe and outside of it, which I think is interesting when you consider that take away her Palmer’s fancy power armour and genetic augmentation and she’s just as snarky and condescending as Hasley is, but arrogance isn’t a negative character trait that is frequently directed against Hasley as it is against Palmer. I think it’s because case for those who know what she’s been through (illegal imprisonment, made a political scapegoat, told both to her face and behind her back she a monster and a war criminal almost every day by people whose lives her work saved) and I think she’s damn right earned the right to be arrogant and condescending, like Johnson has.

Palmer hasn’t, as it is Spartan Ops for all intents and purposes where the majority of people were introduced to her and her negative character traits were on full display. That’s the difference between her and her better received characters, regardless if there male or female.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4