Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Most memorable demise

OP x destroya y

We have seen countless characters of all species, genders and alliances perish in the Halo lore, whether it is in the games, books, comics or movies. I wanted to see what character(s) unfortunate demise has affected you the most. Jats death at the end of Oasis was really powerful for me. It was so unjust and it infuriated me. Anyways... drop your opinions below!
Corporal Locklear.
A man who lost all his friends and then a person he loved out of nowhere,who then,in his shock and sadness proceeded to destroy the thing who took his loved one,only to die while doing so.

And the Lieutnant from Halo wars.
He is the only normal Marine among all those heros surrending him,doing the best to accomplish his mission and after an success dies to an attack out of nowhere from the Arbiter.
Probs Miranda, Johnson or Jul.

I'd give it to Miranda. While Johnson was always my boy, Miranda was not only Keyes' daughter,(that blessed man) BUT ALSO HALSEY'S! When I was told that by my friends I couldn't believe it and that alone made me start reading all the books and comics about Halo.

To see such a brave and intelligence lineage cut short is just heart breaking.

But then again I don't think Johnson had any kids...aw who am I kidding, he knows what the ladies like. He probably has too many.

But Jul is a good one too. he was a character who had a damn good reason to hate humans and even his fellow Sangheili. Sad to see him to curbed by the most generic Sci-fi story ever created. How dare there be a story about an alien who isn't just some evil or overly zealous pawn who just wants to better his people and help them in a time of hardship, even if that means going against all his lessons of what is honorable.
Cant really decide. There is just so many deaths that are different but effective.
The Grunt in Halo 5 on Genisis minding his own business on the ledge, enjoying the view and humming his catchy tunes to himself and playing with some cool human skull he stripped back the flesh from probably for lunch, until his untimely demise by way of being punted into the depths below by our favourite hero.

But in seriousness. To chose one less spoken of. Kurt-051, or Kurt Trevelyan, detonating two nukes to protect Blue Team, his Spartan III's, Halsey, Mendez and for asset denial of the Forerunner shield world that was within Onyx.
His self-sacrifice, by way of flow on effect, destroyed an entire Covenant fleet and saved the most valuable UNSC assets to date (note including John). And thanks to that, various technologies were discovered that went into finishing and upgrading the Infinity and helping to secure UNSC dominance over alien threats.
JOHNSON!!!!!!!
The cutscene where Spark ruthlessly murders him in cold blood with that red beam will appear in my nightmares for all of eternity. (Not really, but you get my point). RIP Johnson, the real hero of the UNSC
Gray Team's mongoose.
It was the savior of one of the spartans,
it helped mow down many covenant
and it was never seen again
but Jerome's chair may live on.
LoxtonA01 wrote:
The Grunt in Halo 5 on Genisis minding his own business on the ledge, enjoying the view and humming his catchy tunes to himself and playing with some cool human skull he stripped back the flesh from probably for lunch, until his untimely demise by way of being punted into the depths below by our favourite hero.

But in seriousness. To chose one less spoken of. Kurt-051, or Kurt Trevelyan, detonating two nukes to protect Blue Team, his Spartan III's, Halsey, Mendez and for asset denial of the Forerunner shield world that was within Onyx.
His self-sacrifice, by way of flow on effect, destroyed an entire Covenant fleet and saved the most valuable UNSC assets to date (note including John). And thanks to that, various technologies were discovered that went into finishing and upgrading the Infinity and helping to secure UNSC dominance over alien threats.
Yeah I'm with you on this. There was a whole heap of dank death dealt out in those novels, but Kurt-051 went out the deepest. Man had 3-4 pages dedicated in detail to his demise. If only he'd put on his damn Mjolnir!

On that note though, spare a thought for Holly G-003 who got snuffed out shortly before Kurt.

"Holly exploded backward—a spray of molten SPI armor, disintegrating flesh, and jets of smoke."

Woof.

Spoiler:
Show
This may not count, but I would say the most memorable demise was Cortana's. She was in halo since the beginning, always helping you or saying something witty.
When I saw her go in Halo 4, it was hard to accept, and when Halo 5 came out I thought it wasn't really her because of her actions.
In my opinion, the real Cortana is dead, and the one in Halo 5 is one of her fragments from the composer
I think Sgt. Forge was pretty memorable to me, he sacrificed himself for others and the UNSC!
I think there are a lot of memorable deaths in the franchise and some of them don't get as much recognition as they deserve.
This may not count, but I would say the most memorable demise was Cortana's. She was in halo since the beginning, always helping you or saying something witty.
When I saw her go in Halo 4, it was hard to accept, and when Halo 5 came out I thought it wasn't really her because of her actions.
In my opinion, the real Cortana is dead, and the one in Halo 5 is one of her fragments from the composer
Think of the catharsis when they bring her back!
Finding out Rookie died in the book kinda got me sad, surviving all that nonsense just to be killed by a Rebel.
Finding out Rookie died in the book kinda got me sad, surviving all that nonsense just to be killed by a Rebel.
We need to make those Ini's pay.
Jorge's death hit me the worst
We need to make those Ini's pay.
It's primary why I was always kill one Insurrectionist Miner on Halo 5. "For Rookie" Even though it happened in Draco III.
Nothing hit me hard like Sgt Johnsons death. He was someone who deserved better death scenario in my opinion. He was a definition of a badass.