Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Most underrated or underappreciated Halo Character

OP FXNRXR

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I'll say it...Blue Team (being an avid reader of the books I loved seeing them in H5, but I can appreciate how a nonreader might have had a few question marks over their head about who these random people were). Also, please don't hate me but, Fireteam Osiris. This is just personal opinion, but I feel if they weren't introduced in a mainline title and were instead introduced in a side title that didn't market the Chief so hard, then I think the reaction to them would've been great. I don't want them being front and centre for Infinite, but I would really like it if we at least got to see them, even as NPCs like the Arbiter was in H3.

Last one, Gabriel Thorne from Spartan Ops.
the family of monkeys in the beginning mission of halo 3 :( they were doing their best trying to live in the jungle and all i ever saw to support them was a few screenshots :'(

(((on a serious note, seriously foehammer)))
In my opinion the most underrated characters are the teams in Halo 3 ODST and Halo Reach. Out of all of those characters Jorge (the big yellow one with the mini gun) and Jun (the green one and the stealthy one) are my favorites both are in Halo Reach, no characters are really talked about in either of these games I mean ODST has Buck but Reach doesn't get talked about much and it has some of my favorite characters of all time. They both have great characters that need to be talked about more and more people need to know the lore about them. (I haven't read any of the books btw but I have played all the games except 1 and 2 from the fact that they are so old that I wasn't able to get my hands on them and/or the console they were on)
They aren't really a character but a class. ODST's. You really only get a glimpse of what their lives are like in the ODST game, and through teams talking to each other about missions like Kilo-Five and bucks personal history in the New Blood book, but they never really gave them the prominence they deserved any where else. And now that everyone can be a spartan now post Halo 3, the ODSTs aren't really needed anymore.
Sesa Refumee. I hardly ever see him mentioned or any fanart of him or his followers.
Miranda Keyes.

A cut "Covenant ship" level between Cairo Station an Outskirts was supposed to be her real introduction level where she was fighting next to Chief while you got to know her. I believe the death of this amazing person could have even more impact if they built her up better, especially her scenes in Halo 3.
Never the less if you really focus on her small scenes through Halo 2 and 3 there is such a great character.
Quote:
"I don't care if I have the clearence or not!"
Spam8358 wrote:
Miranda Keyes.

A cut "Covenant ship" level between Cairo Station an Outskirts was supposed to be her real introduction level where she was fighting next to Chief while you got to know her. I believe the death of this amazing person could have even more impact if they built her up better, especially her scenes in Halo 3.
Never the less if you really focus on her small scenes through Halo 2 and 3 there is such a great character.
Quote:
"I don't care if I have the clearence or not!"
Miranda is fine in Halo 2 and a severe disappointment in Halo 3. "Where do we go? To War" and crashing a pelican into the most heavily defended Covenant building with zero marine or ODST backup and getting shot in the back by TRUTH of all people were both truly cringe-worthy moments that made her character a joke. Didact is still the worst though.
Lasky. He's always like the side character that's always there to help but underrated.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2