Skip to main content

Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Need Help determining prices of UNSC ships

OP StellarCatalyst

Does anyone know how I can determine the prices of UNSC ships? I need prices for a tabletop stellaris style game I am creating.
Does anyone know how I can determine the prices of UNSC ships? I need prices for a tabletop stellaris style game I am creating.
As far as I know they have never stated how expensive ships cost
I would recommend going with SOTP pricing.
Alot.Billions for frigates,bigger ships even more.
the largest ship (That I know about at least) is the American Carrier the Gerald R Ford, which is 337 metres in length and costed 16 Billion dollars to make (A few more Billions in R and D) then we see the UNSC Paris Frigates at 535 Metres along with all the systems needed to make it space worthy, better materials, better weapons and inflation all making it cost what would be much more than even the Gerald R Ford, so yeah it would be pretty expensive.
Not to mention who says theyv as re using the current financial system that is currently in place. Who is to say that the ships aren't funded by the UNSC? How do we know if they are out sourced like alot of our goods are from other nations?
Not to mention who says theyv as re using the current financial system that is currently in place. Who is to say that the ships aren't funded by the UNSC? How do we know if they are out sourced like alot of our goods are from other nations?
The UEG (and by extension, the UNSC) don't have any nations to source materials from because they are essentially the only nation. Individual nations and colonial governments exist, sure, but they're ultimately all subject to the UEG's jurisdiction. They're responsible for all of humanity's territory in the 26th century, whether the colonies like it or not. They are the primary backers when it comes to the engineering and construction of UNSC vessels.
the largest ship (That I know about at least) is the American Carrier the Gerald R Ford, which is 337 metres in length and costed 16 Billion dollars to make (A few more Billions in R and D) then we see the UNSC Paris Frigates at 535 Metres along with all the systems needed to make it space worthy, better materials, better weapons and inflation all making it cost what would be much more than even the Gerald R Ford, so yeah it would be pretty expensive.
Well the US dollar hasn't been in use for hundreds of years in Halo's timeline so can't really use that as a reliable comparison. Factor in 500 years of inflation and I think it's safe to say we're approaching the trillion credit mark for Punics and Epoches.
A few billion for a single frigate, exact number is almost impossible to determine due to inflation, taxes, and currency differences. I’m sure a single pelican can cost anywhere between 1 million dollars to 1 billion, depends on what’s its made of. Bigger ships like destroyers, carriers, flagships, and corvettes would just require imagination. We all know how much Infinity swallowed both ONIs and UNSCs budgets
I'm sure it's not exactly the most accurate estimate out there, but I think comparing the cost of an M4 and an MA5D might give a rough estimate of the conversion rate between USD and cR.

So in 2016, the United States military purchased 38,400 Colt M4 carbines for a total of $24,844,800, at a per unit cost of $647.
According to the materials included in the Limited Edition of Halo 4, an MA5D assault rifle costs 1,693 cR.

Assuming that 1,693 cR is the price that the UNSC pays per MA5D, the conversion rate works out to about $1 : 2.62 cR.
Again, probably not the most accurate guess, but I'd say it's probably the closest I can figure out.