Forums / Community / Halo Universe

ODST Troopers become the main characters again?

OP TanEugene94

What are the possibility of ODST Troopers coming back in future Halo video games especially as the main characters in a new Halo ODST video game?
Don't know. But I would like that. Being a Helljumper was/is fun in Halo 3: ODST. Still my favourite campaign.
Highly doubtful.
As stated above, highly doubtful. But Bonnie Ross did mention that 343 will be pursuing spin off ideas after Infinite. One of those ideas could involve Alpha-9. While they are no longer ODSTs, the spirit of H3 ODST could live on in a story that focuses on Alpha-9 and what they did during the events of the Created Uprising.
Spoiler:
Show
If 343 decided to create a spin-off focused on the ODSTs then I suspect they would handpick a scenario and characters that's more easily palatable for casual players - that being Alpha-Nine and possibly the Rookie as the main protagonist. How would they go about that? You don't have much wiggle room in the established lore. Your options would involve either the Battle of Voi, somewhere else in the Sol system like Mars (Battle of Mare Erythraeum), or an unnamed engagement elsewhere, possibly after the war but before Draco III.

I find those to be the "safest" options. They could try something with the current Alpha-Nine arrangement but they would have to explain why the Rookie is no longer there, who this new female member called Gretchen is, and why Mickey seems to have a rocky relationship with everyone else now for the fans who haven't read the books.
I don't think it will happen if maybe they had a plan like this after infinite they would probably introduce a new ODST group to use so they could connect to just main halo fans but from what we know about infinite I doubt it.
Sedrin wrote:
If 343 decided to create a spin-off focused on the ODSTs then I suspect they would handpick a scenario and characters that's more easily palatable for casual players - that being Alpha-Nine and possibly the Rookie as the main protagonist. How would they go about that? You don't have much wiggle room in the established lore. Your options would involve either the Battle of Voi, somewhere else in the Sol system like Mars (Battle of Mare Erythraeum), or an unnamed engagement elsewhere, possibly after the war but before Draco III.

I find those to be the "safest" options. They could try something with the current Alpha-Nine arrangement but they would have to explain why the Rookie is no longer there, who this new female member called Gretchen is, and why Mickey seems to have a rocky relationship with everyone else now for the fans who haven't read the books.
Imagine if they showed us a fight on Mars? That would be pretty cool with Misriah Armory and the shipyards
What are the possibility of ODST Troopers coming back in future Halo video games especially as the main characters in a new Halo ODST video game?
Maybe as a side project, like with Halo 3: ODST. Have them take on side missions before/after the Created take over the galaxy.

I would definitely be interested in trying out/buying this game, if it ever came out.
I'd love to see another spin off where you play as an odst.
It would be a surprise to be sure, but a welcome one if we got another ODST game. My only requirement for the game is that Nathan Fillion as Buck must be in it.