1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 69
  4. 70
  5. 71
  6. ...
  7. 72
fshooo wrote:
Why weren't combat AI's ever used to control robotic soldiers rather than human Marines to fight the covenant and the flood? It seems like a drone army could have supplemented human forces pretty easily on most fronts. Was that just a creative decision or is there a specific reason?
Honestly it has to do with timing and all that. I am not saying that it isn't probably but humanity was caught totally unprepared for the war with the Covenant and really haven't had the time to fully recover. Also the main disadvantage the UNSC had isn't with ground operations but exo naval battles. The UNSC could not only hold there own against the Covenant on the ground but actually won most encounters. However the Covenant focused on their religious goals that hindered there conquest through an extermination perspective.

Short version is lack of preparation due to the surprise of the Covenant and the major disadvantage wasn't ground side but in space.
The only "won" them when a Spartan was around. For the most part they did a lot better on the ground but were never able to really beat the Covenant even there, not without Spartans involved, or things seriously swayed in their favour.
fshooo wrote:
Why weren't combat AI's ever used to control robotic soldiers rather than human Marines to fight the covenant and the flood? It seems like a drone army could have supplemented human forces pretty easily on most fronts. Was that just a creative decision or is there a specific reason?
Honestly it has to do with timing and all that. I am not saying that it isn't probably but humanity was caught totally unprepared for the war with the Covenant and really haven't had the time to fully recover. Also the main disadvantage the UNSC had isn't with ground operations but exo naval battles. The UNSC could not only hold there own against the Covenant on the ground but actually won most encounters. However the Covenant focused on their religious goals that hindered there conquest through an extermination perspective.

Short version is lack of preparation due to the surprise of the Covenant and the major disadvantage wasn't ground side but in space.
The only "won" them when a Spartan was around. For the most part they did a lot better on the ground but were never able to really beat the Covenant even there, not without Spartans involved, or things seriously swayed in their favour.
The major advantage the Spartans gave the UNSC was in Special Operations. The Spartans could out preform any other unit on the offensive that is undeniable. Which is very important especially with the Covenants relentless tactics. Being able to effectively counter a relentless enemy is pretty much required to even remotely stand a chance. However I could cite countless battles in which a Spartan was not present and the Marines were able to hold their own in a lot of battles especially when they were prepared but that was the issue. Being surprised attacked or using Covenant ships to glass fortified areas that had no use for the Covenant was devastating. The Human Covenant War was a game of hide and seek along with surprise attacks. There are many battles in which the UNSC achieved a victory without a Spartan present, though Spartans were used often against the Covenant because of how much of a threat they were and the effectiveness against the Covenant.

The Spartans were also designed to end the Insurgency not to fight the Covenant. There was no real need to have a robotic army because that strategy of occupation or R&D for a specialized unit would be far more expensive than creating the Spartan Program. Without the Spartans the UNSC would have sure been eliminated that is without question. However the UNSC could fight and hold there own against the Covenant, especially when the UNSC was prepared. The main issue was the Covenant Navy, even when the UNSC was winning on the ground, if the UNSC navy wasn't able to keep the Covenant ships back it didn't matter because the Covenant would just glass the planet or bombard it.
Did master chief ever in any period of time that we do not know have a love intrest? The other question is did Arbiter have a family and if so what happen them after the halo 3?
Yes actually in the book Evolutions. Chief ran into a female Marine who had a picture of him and her before he was abducted. He apparently said he was going to marry her. Chief never told her who he was because that information was still classified. This took place on Earth I believe in 2552 during Halo 2. He only told her that she isn't suppose to have personal items on the battlefield if I recall correctly.

Here is the link to the Halo Wiki Story I am referring to.
https://www.halopedia.org/Palace_Hotel_(short_story)
It was an interesting story, but it isn't fully canonical since the timeline runs in parallel with "Outskirts" and "Metropolis" from Halo 2. But the fact that he had a childhood crush could probably be considered canon.
Did master chief ever in any period of time that we do not know have a love intrest? The other question is did Arbiter have a family and if so what happen them after the halo 3?
Yes actually in the book Evolutions. Chief ran into a female Marine who had a picture of him and her before he was abducted. He apparently said he was going to marry her. Chief never told her who he was because that information was still classified. This took place on Earth I believe in 2552 during Halo 2. He only told her that she isn't suppose to have personal items on the battlefield if I recall correctly.

Here is the link to the Halo Wiki Story I am referring to.
https://www.halopedia.org/Palace_Hotel_(short_story)
It was an interesting story, but it isn't fully canonical since the timeline runs in parallel with "Outskirts" and "Metropolis" from Halo 2. But the fact that he had a childhood crush could probably be considered canon.
Correct, I don't recall if there is an explanation for the timeline and where it sits in specifically.
Why does Master Chief have to be tracked down in Halo 5? For a man that has saved multiple planets they really do not want him to do his thing haha. It just seems weird to go and send a group of spartans to find a single spartan.
Why does Master Chief have to be tracked down in Halo 5? For a man that has saved multiple planets they really do not want him to do his thing haha. It just seems weird to go and send a group of spartans to find a single spartan.
He went AWOL after scuttling Argent Moon so that he could find Cortana. It's pretty bland compared to the implications shown in the Halo 5 marketing and Hunt the Truth, but that's pretty much it. There might have been some over-arching reasons, like ONI wanting to get to Cortana first, but that's not really explored in the game.
what is the strongest armor i halo lore?
reker 345 wrote:
Combat Armor? Ship Armor?

Both would be the Forerunners because they are so much more advanced, in Halo 3 you saw the Dreadnought take a Mac Volley. That Dreadnought was also used in the elite and prophet war. It also helped to power High Charity. So the Forerunners have every known faction beat in that category.

Spartan Armor is the same from my knowledge but just software and hardware upgrades the improve the armors capabilities and add specializations.
reker 345 wrote:
Combat Armor? Ship Armor?

Both would be the Forerunners because they are so much more advanced, in Halo 3 you saw the Dreadnought take a Mac Volley. That Dreadnought was also used in the elite and prophet war. It also helped to power High Charity. So the Forerunners have every known faction beat in that category.

Spartan Armor is the same from my knowledge but just software and hardware upgrades the improve the armors capabilities and add specializations.
thank you that was very helpful
After he scuttled Argent Moon so ONI's research wouldn't get lost into an enemy factions hand he had a "vision" that Cortana was still active on Meridian. He took it upon himself to reassign Blue Team to investigate. Infinity stated that another team was already in route. He did not want another team to handle it. Pretty much he disobeyed orders because he was told to return to Infinity.

The UNSC labeled him as AWOL (Away With Out Leave) and sent Fire Team Osiris to return Blue Team to Infinity. John is viewed as an icon and if the UNSC and if they can't rely on him to follow orders then that in itself becomes an issue. He is apart of the military and if he goes on a self proclaimed mission that isn't authorized by the UNSC or ONI then he becomes a problem.
In halo collateral damage comic book there is a very interesting vehicle. But there is no information on this vehicle. It does not have a name but looking at it. It’s fast it has touch armor and two unknown type of heavy machine guns or automated grenade launchers? So maybe 343 can give us an explanation about this vehicle.
Why was Owen b096 from battleborn wearing Mjolnir and not Spi armor?
My guess is beacause he matched the genetic makeup that Dr Halsey used to find the S-II candidates. This would deem him too valuable to be sent on a suicide mission, and so, be fitted out with Mjolnir-clad armour like his predecessors, the Spartan-IIs. Asides from that I can’t really think of any extra detail to add.
My guess is beacause he matched the genetic makeup that Dr Halsey used to find the S-II candidates. This would deem him too valuable to be sent on a suicide mission, and so, be fitted out with Mjolnir-clad armour like his predecessors, the Spartan-IIs. Asides from that I can’t really think of any extra detail to add.
Yeah, I would assume he was pulled from Beta Company, like Kat from Noble Team, and given Mjolnir armor. Several S-III's were pulled from the company under the "Cat-2" classification and used for various top secret assignments.
Yeah, I would assume he was pulled from Beta Company, like Kat from Noble Team, and given Mjolnir armor. Several S-III's were pulled from the company under the "Cat-2" classification and used for various top secret assignments.
Just remember not all “Cat-2” personnel were assigned to a team though, some may have had lone wolf missions like B312, before his assignment to Noble Team.
Can you provide information on the siege of Paris IV?
Can you provide information on the siege of Paris IV?
https://www.halopedia.org/Siege_of_Paris_IV
Actually the Spartan IIIs are not Dr Halsey's design it was Colonel Ackerson who created the Spartan IIIs. Halsey didn't find out about the SIIIs till Gamma Company was around (sorta). She has heard references of a new spartan class but theory is she didn't know that Noble Team was Spartan IIIs till after the events on Onyx. Noble has Mljonir as well also Kevin A282.

However I can say that your hypothesis wouldn't be accurate. We know why Noble has it, they were apart of a SWG 3 (Special Warfare Group 3).
Owen B096 isn't the only Spartan III that was equipped with Mljonir, Gaunlet Team, Red Team, Echo Team, Noble Team and Kevin A282 had it as well. Some Spartan IIIs were equipped with Mljonir to conduct operations similar to Spartan IIs rather than suicide missions as they were originally designed for. Like SIIs they are probbaly field testing some equipment while using Mljonir.
Ethan Vestri - Please don't post multiple time in a row. If you need to add more information or quote other users, you can edit your last post. Thanks
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 69
  4. 70
  5. 71
  6. ...
  7. 72