3. 70
  4. 71
  5. 72
  6. 73
  7. 74
  8. ...
  9. 79
Any future plans for Intrepid Eye?

With Nicole-458 being canon (born 20 years after the rest of the SPARTAN IIs), did the SPARTAN II Class II ever happen?

Is there being a re-release of all the old novels? I found Fall of Reach, among a few other books which are being put on preorder on Amazon and Simon & Schuster.
Why was Owen b096 from battleborn wearing Mjolnir and not Spi armor?
My guess is beacause he matched the genetic makeup that Dr Halsey used to find the S-II candidates. This would deem him too valuable to be sent on a suicide mission, and so, be fitted out with Mjolnir-clad armour like his predecessors, the Spartan-IIs. Asides from that I can’t really think of any extra detail to add.
Actually the Spartan IIIs are not Dr Halsey's design it was Colonel Ackerson who created the Spartan IIIs. Halsey didn't find out about the SIIIs till Gamma Company was around (sorta). She has heard references of a new spartan class but theory is she didn't know that Noble Team was Spartan IIIs till after the events on Onyx. Noble has Mljonir as well also Kevin A282.

However I can say that your hypothesis wouldn't be accurate. We know why Noble has it, they were apart of a SWG 3 (Special Warfare Group 3).
I, in no way implied that the S-IIIs were created by Halsey, I know they were invented by Colonel James Ackerson. I was simply stating that Spartan-IIIs equipped with Mjolnir had genetics markings that would fall under the gene pool Halsey used to find the S-IIs when she was scouting for candidates.

Moving on, in fact Halsey found out about the S-IIIs late in the Fall of Reach whilst at Castle Base. If you want to know what it was that enlightened her, search up S-III on Halopedia. It’s a file on Colonel Ackerson’s personal computer. It discuses how the S-III program was a predecessor to her Spartan program as he was very bitter towards Halsey and her Spartans and so he wanted to rival against her.

The last thing I want to address is how is my “hypothesis” is apparently inaccurate, which I quite frankly disagree with. The reason Noble Team were assigned to NavSpecWarGroup3 is because first of all, every Spartan before the launch of the Spartan branch was assigned to the Navy, that’s a well known fact. But because Noble was a team composed of Mjolnir-clad Spartans they were apart of the Spec War Group 3. Secondly, the S-IIIs of Noble (and Gauntlet, Red and Echo Teams and Kevin and Owen) were apart of the gene pool that was initially used to select the S-IIs and therefore were deemed to valuable to be wasted on the sucide missions Alpha and Beta Companies were sent on, so they were pulled from those companies and assigned special missions with some being part of a team like Noble, Guantlet, Red and Echo and others who appear to be assigned lone wolf like Kevin and Owen because we do not see them with any other Spartans as backup.
My guess is beacause he matched the genetic makeup that Dr Halsey used to find the S-II candidates. This would deem him too valuable to be sent on a suicide mission, and so, be fitted out with Mjolnir-clad armour like his predecessors, the Spartan-IIs. Asides from that I can’t really think of any extra detail to add.
Actually the Spartan IIIs are not Dr Halsey's design it was Colonel Ackerson who created the Spartan IIIs. Halsey didn't find out about the SIIIs till Gamma Company was around (sorta). She has heard references of a new spartan class but theory is she didn't know that Noble Team was Spartan IIIs till after the events on Onyx. Noble has Mljonir as well also Kevin A282.

However I can say that your hypothesis wouldn't be accurate. We know why Noble has it, they were apart of a SWG 3 (Special Warfare Group 3).
I, in no way implied that the S-IIIs were created by Halsey, I know they were invented by Colonel James Ackerson. I was simply stating that Spartan-IIIs equipped with Mjolnir had genetics markings that would fall under the gene pool Halsey used to find the S-IIs when she was scouting for candidates.

Moving on, in fact Halsey found out about the S-IIIs late in the Fall of Reach whilst at Castle Base. If you want to know what it was that enlightened her, search up S-III on Halopedia. It’s a file on Colonel Ackerson’s personal computer. It discuses how the S-III program was a predecessor to her Spartan program as he was very bitter towards Halsey and her Spartans and so he wanted to rival against her.

The last thing I want to address is how is my “hypothesis” is apparently inaccurate, which I quite frankly disagree with. The reason Noble Team were assigned to NavSpecWarGroup3 is because first of all, every Spartan before the launch of the Spartan branch was assigned to the Navy, that’s a well known fact. But because Noble was a team composed of Mjolnir-clad Spartans they were apart of the Spec War Group 3. Secondly, the S-IIIs of Noble (and Gauntlet, Red and Echo Teams and Kevin and Owen) were apart of the gene pool that was initially used to select the S-IIs and therefore were deemed to valuable to be wasted on the sucide missions Alpha and Beta Companies were sent on, so they were pulled from those companies and assigned special missions with some being part of a team like Noble, Guantlet, Red and Echo and others who appear to be assigned lone wolf like Kevin and Owen because we do not see them with any other Spartans as backup.
That's how I understood your initial post my bad for misunderstanding it. Correct she found out on Reach about the Spartan III Program, I'm well aware of that and the information pertaining to it. As for the gene pool that doesn't add up in the time line. The Spartan III Program started after the SII went active. Much like the SII Program the Spartan III Program Candidates were conscripted at the age of 6. That puts the Spartan II Program starting at 2517 and the Spartan III Program started in 2531 according to Halopedia. So they couldn't be from the same gene pool since the there 13 year gap and the the IIs are older than the IIIs.

The Spartan IIIs were heavily influenced off the IIs there is no question there. I think you and are agreeing here tbh just some miscommunication.

That's how I understood your initial post my bad for misunderstanding it. Correct she found out on Reach about the Spartan III Program, I'm well aware of that and the information pertaining to it. As for the gene pool that doesn't add up in the time line. The Spartan III Program started after the SII went active. Much like the SII Program the Spartan III Program Candidates were conscripted at the age of 6. That puts the Spartan II Program starting at 2517 and the Spartan III Program started in 2531 according to Halopedia. So they couldn't be from the same gene pool since the there 13 year gap and the the IIs are older than the IIIs.

The Spartan IIIs were heavily influenced off the IIs there is no question there. I think you and are agreeing here tbh just some miscommunication.
I definitely do think we are agreeing. The reason there was a third iteration of the Spartan Program (if you consider Orions as Spartan Is) is because there were to few S-IIs to turn the tide of the war. The Spartan-III program did have a select list of genetics that all candidates needed to meet, but note that it was a wider set of genetics that was used to compared to the S-IIs. My point is the S-IIIs who were outfitted in Mjolnir did have the same genetic makeup as the S-IIs, making them superior to the S-IIIs who were sent on suicide missions. As for the gene pool, once someone is born they’re added to a gene pool as they have said genes that the pool describes so basically a baby and a 40 year old could be in the same gene pool is what I’m saying and so the S-IIIs who were outfitted in Mjolnir were of the same gene pool that the S-IIs were apart of. Hope this clears the mist for you.
So im reading new blood and Buck says his sisters name was Lucy. I was wondering if Lucy b091 is possibly his sister or if its a coincidence
Any future plans for Intrepid Eye?

With Nicole-458 being canon (born 20 years after the rest of the SPARTAN IIs), did the SPARTAN II Class II ever happen?

Is there being a re-release of all the old novels? I found Fall of Reach, among a few other books which are being put on preorder on Amazon and Simon & Schuster.
Hardcover editions of all the books would be awesome.
So im reading new blood and Buck says his sisters name was Lucy. I was wondering if Lucy b091 is possibly his sister or if its a coincidence
I'm guessing a coincidence. They were born 23 years apart (2510 for Buck and 2533 for Lucy).

Also we know very little about where Lucy is from, but what we do know is that she had a faint childhood memory of a horse. Buck grew up in a fishing village on Draco III, which doesn't sound like the kind of place that would give Lucy such a vivid memory of horses. None of this gives you a definitive answer, and it still could be that they are related, but I'm guessing not.
what were spartan 1's
reker 345 wrote:
what were spartan 1's
Oh buddy what a question... and one I am happy to answer :D

Spartan 1s were technically not originally considered Spartans. In 2321, Project Orion was started with the intention of creating super soldiers from volunteer subjects. The project was scrapped due to the program getting not enough bang for the buck, so to speak. In 2491, the program was relaunched secretly with more volunteers, most notably Avery Johnson. Much like the original iteration of Orion, this project fell short of its goals and the volunteers were re-integrated with the rest of the military.

When Halsey decided to give it another shot a few years later, she wanted to distance her project from Orion and its failings, so she named her subjects Spartans. However, in order to pay respect to the soldiers who came before, she called the subjects of her new program, Spartan IIs and the subjects from the 2491 Orion project were retroactively named Spartan Is.

Here's a link to the Halopedia article giving some more detail.
1. Can you disclose the status of the crew on the Spirit of Fire? (Or Will. We want to know what happened to him after we fired at him.)2. Did Katana also go down, like Saber?3. Can you tell us more about the Insurrectionists?
1. In the covenant military, what is the role of an Imperial Admiral compared to a Supreme Commander?

2. Is there any background lore on the Sangheili Field Marshal present throughout the campaign mode of Halo:Reach? The Field Marshal just seems like such an important and high ranking figure to not be fleshed out. Especially since we know about much lesser ranked elites like Ardo 'Moretumee; the Sangheili general shipmaster aboard the Ardent Prayer.

3. Why are the only dual-wielding elites in Halo:Reach's campaign either Ultras or Zealots?
fshooo wrote:
Why weren't combat AI's ever used to control robotic soldiers rather than human Marines to fight the covenant and the flood? It seems like a drone army could have supplemented human forces pretty easily on most fronts. Was that just a creative decision or is there a specific reason?
However I could cite countless battles in which a Spartan was not present and the Marines were able to hold their own in a lot of battles especially when they were prepared but that was the issue.
Go for it. Make sure not to list battles with ODST's or the odds extremely stacked against the Covenant, such as having far less numbers without combined arms support, attacking an entrenched and heavily defended position, or being super incompetent for a hero scene (also known as PIS [Plot Induced Stupidity] although these counts they would be considered outliers and rare). The covenant does tend to comically incompetent a lot of the time but I mean mean for the extremes, where they are being turned to mindless fodder for the purposes of making a unit or character be bad--Yoink-.

Obviously the Marines weren't useless but in a stand up fight they would loose more often than not. Which makes a lot of sense all things considered.

Quote:
The Spartans were also designed to end the Insurgency not to fight the Covenant.
This is true for Spartans 1's and 2's. Not for the 3's which were produced and killed off en' mass. Not that it particularly matters as the Spartan 2's fought against the Covenant relatively early after becoming Spartans and were equipped and trained to fight them ever since. Not to mention that the Spartan 2's surpassed expectations for their original purpose.

I haven't kept up with recent Halo lore due to lack of time and money so I could be wrong and am more interested in seeing theses battles, I don't recall any in previous books, games, and films ect.
ODSTs can't be disregarded that's not how the UNSC military works or even the US military. Military's rely on different elements of branches to preform their duties in the battlefield to achieve victories. ODSTs are Marines too just a sub branch in the Marines Corps. It's no different than saying you can't include the UNSC Navy for support just ground on ground bare bones only no different than saying a 1v1. That isn't how it works but your question is based off the Spartans and its no argument that the Spartans were a crucial element to the UNSC's victory.

Battle for Alluvion (2542) - This outcome resulted in the planet being glassed however the Covenant were not able to gain any ground on the planet until the Covenant Support Fleet showed up and Glassed the planet. Marines and Army were only present.

Battle of Actium (2545) - UNSC Army Forces eliminated 3 of the largest Covenant staging areas in UNSC history. The planet was eventually glassed after this event.

Raid on Mount Haven (2552) - UNSC ODSTs destroy Forerunner artifacts prohibiting them from falling into Covenant Possession.

These battles resulted in the UNSC losing the planet by glassed or self inflicted destruction, no Spartans accounted for. So I am sure you will cite the fact these are considered Covenant Victories which you would be correct however these victories were done by nuclear bomb usage on themselves or glassed which also happened under Spartan support. I will say most of the battles won without Spartan support were based in the Navy which I didn't count because this is more based in regards to the ground combat rather then all battles without Spartans overall.

I will also add if a Spartan was on the planet I excluded that so even if a battle happened and a Spartan was on the planet but didn't take place in the battle I excluded it just so there isn't a call for technicality. The ones I cited are battles that made an impact on the war either threw moral/remembrance or strategic gain including asset denial.

You are correct though in a stand up fight bare bones or what have you, yes the Marines would loose but as I said earlier that isn't how the military works.

Overall though I think you and I agree on this topic. In more recent times its mainly Spartans in the fight since the Spartan IV Program and the deployment of the UNSC Infinity.
Will Halo: ODST get a sequel, or at least a team-based shooter like Left 4 Dead/Rainbow 6 which will prioritize squad mechanics?

Will we get a game about the Arbiter founding the Swords of Sanghelios, perhaps like Fable 3 where the player has to lead and make decisions as well as win in combat?

Will we get any pilot/space-battle focused campaigns or games? Reach did a great job, and more would be awesome!
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we must ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text. Sorry for the inconvenience.
hola soy jugador de xbox 360 aun y me sigue gustando halo reach, quien se une a unas partidas
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we must ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text. Sorry for the inconvenience.
alguien que me diga como puedo obtener una cinta con el logo de halo 4, halo reach, halo 2 o halo 3, veo que algunos jugadores cuando entramos en punto de partida a lado de sus gamertags aparece un banner de alguno de esos juegos, quien me dice como puedo obtener alguno.
ASE R0CK0U wrote:
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we must ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text. Sorry for the inconvenience.alguien que me diga como puedo obtener una cinta con el logo de halo 4, halo reach, halo 2 o halo 3, veo que algunos jugadores cuando entramos en punto de partida a lado de sus gamertags aparece un banner de alguno de esos juegos, quien me dice como puedo obtener alguno.
Hola, este sitio web no traduce el español, pero puedes cambiar tu emblema en la consola y en el juego.

btw I'm not gonna post everything in Spanish I'm just trying to help this guy
ODSTs can't be disregarded that's not how the UNSC military works or even the US military. Military's rely on different elements of branches to preform their duties in the battlefield to achieve victories. ODSTs are Marines too just a sub branch in the Marines Corps. It's no different than saying you can't include the UNSC Navy for support just ground on ground bare bones only no different than saying a 1v1. That isn't how it works but your question is based off the Spartans and its no argument that the Spartans were a crucial element to the UNSC's victory.

Battle for Alluvion (2542) - This outcome resulted in the planet being glassed however the Covenant were not able to gain any ground on the planet until the Covenant Support Fleet showed up and Glassed the planet. Marines and Army were only present.

Battle of Actium (2545) - UNSC Army Forces eliminated 3 of the largest Covenant staging areas in UNSC history. The planet was eventually glassed after this event.

Raid on Mount Haven (2552) - UNSC ODSTs destroy Forerunner artifacts prohibiting them from falling into Covenant Possession.

These battles resulted in the UNSC losing the planet by glassed or self inflicted destruction, no Spartans accounted for. So I am sure you will cite the fact these are considered Covenant Victories which you would be correct however these victories were done by nuclear bomb usage on themselves or glassed which also happened under Spartan support. I will say most of the battles won without Spartan support were based in the Navy which I didn't count because this is more based in regards to the ground combat rather then all battles without Spartans overall.

I will also add if a Spartan was on the planet I excluded that so even if a battle happened and a Spartan was on the planet but didn't take place in the battle I excluded it just so there isn't a call for technicality. The ones I cited are battles that made an impact on the war either threw moral/remembrance or strategic gain including asset denial.

You are correct though in a stand up fight bare bones or what have you, yes the Marines would loose but as I said earlier that isn't how the military works.

Overall though I think you and I agree on this topic. In more recent times its mainly Spartans in the fight since the Spartan IV Program and the deployment of the UNSC Infinity.
Yes they can. You said Marines, not Spartans and special forces.

Battle for Alluvion (2542)
The marines and Army had a substantial force, keeping a Covenant scouting attack bay for a few weeks. Later a support fleet arrived destroyed their support lines, and the colony soon fell to the Covenant shortly after. It was then Glassed after the fact.

Battle of Actium (2545)
And they only did so with the aid of a pair of HAVOK nukes and suffered extremely severe to total losses on the ground. 1 month later it was fully glassed after all resistance was gone.

Raid on Mount Haven (2552)
ODST's on a special mission, small scale.

I count 2 and both ended up being lost on the ground before glassing. Hardly countless and as I said, out liars that ended how almost all battles ended up. The UNSC lost on the ground and in space. They did better on the ground than they did in space but not better than the Covenant. Only the Spartans and small scale but overall significant, ODST incursions made any real difference.

I know the Marines don't loose all the time lol. That was never my point. Even Spartans got massacred at times too, particularly the 3's. They did have small victories here and there but always ended up tasting defeat. The ultimate goals of the Covenant were never hampered, barely even slowed at all.

I don't really count more recent times, since the Covies have collapsed and the rise of the Promethean's are the centre stage focus now.

Thank you for replying and showing examples though, I wasn't aware of either of them till now. :)
1 why did noble six have to die

2 why are there some very odd looking helmets

3 can the unsc bring spartans back to life
reker 345 wrote:
ASE R0CK0U wrote:
This post has been edited by a moderator. Because we are not currently equipped to provide moderation in other languages, we must ask that all messages be posted in English. Feel free to use an online language translation service, and then create a new thread with the translated text. Sorry for the inconvenience.alguien que me diga como puedo obtener una cinta con el logo de halo 4, halo reach, halo 2 o halo 3, veo que algunos jugadores cuando entramos en punto de partida a lado de sus gamertags aparece un banner de alguno de esos juegos, quien me dice como puedo obtener alguno.
Hola, este sitio web no traduce el español, pero puedes cambiar tu emblema en la consola y en el juego.

btw I'm not gonna post everything in Spanish I'm just trying to help this guy
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 70
  4. 71
  5. 72
  6. 73
  7. 74
  8. ...
  9. 79