Official Canon Fodder Community Q&A Submissions

OP GrimBrother One

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 77
  4. 78
  5. ...
  6. 79
I was just reading through the Encyclopedia and saw some interesting things.
-
On page 277 apparently the Sublime Transcendence was 32,490 meters (106,593 feet) long, while the CSO-Class Supercarrier, Long Night of Solace, was 28,960 meters (95,013 feet, 1 inches) long. In Halo: Oblivion there is mention of 20 "Megacarriers". Does this make the Sublime Transcendence a Megacarrier?

Following on from that question. Are there any Covenant ships, of any type, that fit the size gap between the CSO-Class Supercarriers and the old
Brigantine-class Heavy Carriers which are 6,367 meters (20,889 feet) long?

Also in the Encyclopedia, page 237, there is mention of some Sentinels having a powerful Red beam. What Sentinels are these and will we see them in future media?
Emile422 wrote:
Is there a reason that the evolution of weapon designs was done the way it was, prioritizing game chronology over in-game date chronology??
I'm sure it has something to do with the players having expectations for the next halo based on the last on they played, whether or not the game are in chronological order or not.
Emile422 wrote:
Is there a reason that the evolution of weapon designs was done the way it was, prioritizing game chronology over in-game date chronology??
I'm sure it has something to do with the players having expectations for the next halo based on the last on they played, whether or not the game are in chronological order or not.
That and possibly different designers
Will Jul Mdama be mentioned/referenced in Halo Infinite?
Mdamah wrote:
Will Jul Mdama be mentioned/referenced in Halo Infinite?
I'd doubt it.. he was cast aside so readily in H5 and his version of the Covenant was pretty much completely defeated in the Battle of Sunaion. If anything, I think his name might be brought up in passing.
Hi I'm curious about the Spartan Operations Branch and their ranking. I know all personnel (except Musa and Jun who pretty much run the branch) are considered equal regardless of being called Spartan or Spartan Commander but I was curious, is their a rating/rank code similar to the other branches that the Spartan Rank can be compared to (like E-1, E-2, or O-1 if their considered officers)? In short, does the rank, "Spartan" have a rank code like the other branches?
Ken Static wrote:
Hi I'm curious about the Spartan Operations Branch and their ranking. I know all personnel (except Musa and Jun who pretty much run the branch) are considered equal regardless of being called Spartan or Spartan Commander but I was curious, is their a rating/rank code similar to the other branches that the Spartan Rank can be compared to (like E-1, E-2, or O-1 if their considered officers)? In short, does the rank, "Spartan" have a rank code like the other branches?
Below is what I gathered from the Spartan Field Manual. I listed the Spartan role on the left and UNSC rank equivalent on the right:
  • Spartan - Lieutenant
  • Fireteam Leader - Captain
  • Mission Handler - Major
  • Spartan Commander - Colonel
  • Director of Spartan Ops - General
EDIT: I should also note that you are correct about how all Spartans are considered equal. In an informal sense, that's the culture of the Spartan Branch. But obviously for tactical situations, there needs to be a formal command structure in place.
In the conceptual arts of Halo 5, the Jun sniper rifle and Emile's shotgun appear. Why didn't they appear in the final delivery?
Since the UNSC Army still uses Rangers, do they also have a version of Delta Force?
Does anyone have an idea of how many Spartan-IIs really are active? I mean it seems 343 keeps it a little ambiguous but counting all the Spartan-IIs seen/heard of so far, it's clearly over 33 which was initially said to make it out the program's augmentation phase. Plus some who were fully rehabilitated (like the current Red Team). Then there's the "I Love Bees" storyline that Frank decided to canonize and is starting to come together with the references in several other Halo media. They mentioned a 2nd class of Spartan-IIs in I Love Bees.
Ken Static wrote:
Does anyone have an idea of how many Spartan-IIs really are active? I mean it seems 343 keeps it a little ambiguous but counting all the Spartan-IIs seen/heard of so far, it's clearly over 33 which was initially said to make it out the program's augmentation phase. Plus some who were fully rehabilitated (like the current Red Team). Then there's the "I Love Bees" storyline that Frank decided to canonize and is starting to come together with the references in several other Halo media. They mentioned a 2nd class of Spartan-IIs in I Love Bees.
I can't hep you with the total number, but I think Halo Canon on Youtube did a video a few months ago detailing all the known surviving Spartan-IIs post war.

As for Spartan-II Class 2, that never happened. It was planned, but Halsey kept delaying it because she couldn't find candidates to match her genetic protocols. That's when Ackerson came to Parangosky with his idea for the Spartan-III program, which wouldn't need the stringent genetic protocols of the Spartan-II program.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 77
  4. 78
  5. ...
  6. 79