8. ...
  9. 16
Quote:
Forward Unto Dawn
Pillar of Autumn.
Quote:
Quote:
The "familiar enemy" could just be the insurrectionists
Where was that comment made by Frankie anyway?
Supposedly during yesterday's panel. We'll see this weekend.
Quote:
Quote:
Forward Unto Dawn
Pillar of Autumn.
-Yoink!-

Thank you.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
The "familiar enemy" could just be the insurrectionists
Where was that comment made by Frankie anyway?
Supposedly during yesterday's panel. We'll see this weekend.
I need more Stinkles, and I need him now.
Quote:
Yes, they clearly say element. For starters, the flood is a virus, which is composed of many many molecules (which are made up of the different elements for those that may not know). So nobody is mining the flood. One single element is what is being mined. There are only 2 possibilities off the top of my head: A valuable element is being mined like gold or silver; or an element that could be used in some sort of war manor - possibly radioactive??? The point is the flood is not an element.
The Flood is not a virus, but yes.
Quote:
Yes, they clearly say element. For starters, the flood is a virus, which is composed of many many molecules (which are made up of the different elements for those that may not know).
It's not a virus, it's a conscious. It's a mind. It thinks.

Quote:
So nobody is mining the flood. One single element is what is being mined. There are only 2 possibilities off the top of my head: A valuable element is being mined like gold or silver; or an element that could be used in some sort of war manor - possibly radioactive??? The point is the flood is not an element.
Clearly, no one's mining Flood Infection Forms. However, them mining a mineral-esque manifestation of the Flood's original powder is very possible.

Jumping back to the CEA terminals, we see an unknown, unidentified spacecraft crash into Installation 04. This is 40,000 years before the current setting, long before any of the races that we currently know have reached the Stone Age. One could argue that it was simply a race that had evolved quicker, but these people crashed on Installation 04, in the Orion Arm. Surely, future civilizations would be able to make note of an advanced civilization that had been spacefaring forty milleniums before they were. In fact, you'd think that such civilization would be around to this day. Unless 343i introduced the crashed vessel solely to introduce a crashed vessel, I can't help but make a connection between it, and the vessels that brought the original Flood Powder to the Milky Way --- it fits the description of them pretty well. It could be, or probably is, that the Floodcursors specifically designed a Flood Powder to resemble a harmless element, packed it in a ship, and sent it spiraling towards the most significant Forerunner artifact within Humanity's future domain.
I have limited knowledge here, but even I know there's only one thing you can tie that crashed ship to.

I agree it HAS to be a form of the flood. What else could it possibly be? 343 wouldn't have made that CEA terminal without tying it to future events. Maybe Locke and the Arbiter are hunting Chief down to warn him of the flood's return. But with ONI in the mix, I doubt it will be as simple as "hey let's all regroup and fight the flood together!"
Does anybody else think the new trailer is a little TOO much like Prometheus?

The scenery, the secret organization, the thing that targets humans. Don't get me wrong, Ridley Scott is a....fine director, but it just seems a little TOO similar....
Quote:

The scenery, the secret organization, the thing that targets humans. Don't get me wrong, Ridley Scott is a....fine director, but it just seems a little TOO similar....
Ridley Scott is an executive Producer, which is a fancy way of attaching a well-known person's name to a project without them having to be very involved with it. And 343 is the one writing the script, so, yeah.
Quote:
And 343 is the one writing the script, so, yeah.
Clarification: Paul T. Scheuring wrote the [historical account] in consultation with 434 Combat Readiness Lab (Hostile Environment Division) [re: Halo: Nightfall].
Someone in the Nightfall panel said the element is organic. To me, that pretty much confirms Flood. :D

Quote:
...On the flood theory, let's say that the compound is the flood why would it target just the unsc and not innies. The flood consumes ALL organic life of sufficient biomass.This compound sounds more like a metal or alloy and to say that the flood is selectively choosing its victims would imply that there is a gravemind and I doubt a small infestation on a colony world would would cause its existence. And besides it is said that "this compound selectively kill HUMANS" so by that statement Im guessing it encompasses all humans. This sounds more like a forerunner weapon to me than anything else although I do want the flood to return.
The enemy of my enemy is my friend... Temporarily...

The way I could see it, the Flood knows that the UNSC is the biggest threat to it if it wants to exterminate Humanity. Why not work with the smaller group (Innies) to take down the bigger group (UNSC), then betray the Innies when the UNSC falls?

While the Flood does want to consume everything, it sometimes chooses not to. This has happened multiple times.
1) Only infecting Pheru (ref: Primordium)
2) Only infecting Humans (ref: Primordium)
3) Not infecting anyone (ref: Primordium)
4) Only infecting Covenant (ref: Halo 3)
Quote:
Quote:

Ridley Scott is an executive Producer, which is a fancy way of attaching a well-known person's name to a project without them having to be very involved with it. And 343 is the one writing the script, so, yeah.
Not necessarily as TV executive producers can have more creative control than that of an executive producer in a movie.

From this, I believe that while 343 as well as Paul T. Scheuring, wrote the script, I can see at least some collaboration with Ridley.
Here's the video of the panel discussion:

Halo: Nightfall Panel - SDCC 2014
Quote:
Quote:
Clarification: Paul T. Scheuring wrote the [historical account] in consultation with 434 Combat Readiness Lab (Hostile Environment Division) [re: Halo: Nightfall].
Now that Catalog's here,

Query: Did the UNSC ever face the Flood on the outer colony world of Sedra in the year 2557/2558?
Quote:
Yes, they clearly say element. For starters, the flood is a virus, which is composed of many many molecules (which are made up of the different elements for those that may not know). So nobody is mining the flood. One single element is what is being mined. There are only 2 possibilities off the top of my head: A valuable element is being mined like gold or silver; or an element that could be used in some sort of war manor - possibly radioactive??? The point is the flood is not an element.
Because ONI would never lie, right? If there was, for example, a Flood outbreak, they definitely wouldn't come up with a less panic-inducing cover story. No, they're sending in elite manhunting squads to take control of shiny metal deposits, which have developed the inexplicable and completely implausible ability to "infect" humans within a ten-kilometer range. Scary stuff. I supposed we should count ourselves lucky that this homicidal metal vanishes completely and never appears in the universe again.

No, my money is on a Flood outbreak. The reaction fits perfectly. Spread a false story to avoid panic, set up an exclusion zone, and send in a small team of highly-skilled soldiers.
Quote:
Quote:
So Paul T. Scheuring has a Halo counterpart. That's cool.
A lot of people are mentioning how it couldn't possibly be the Flood as this element mentioned in the trailer is, well, an element. In the broadest sense of the word, it would be something seemingly inorganic

The thing is that the Flood came from this fine dust made from Precursors. You must also remember that Installation 04 is also a research facility for the Flood. Maybe in the midst of their research, the Forerunner tried to "reverse" the Flood and blended them back into dust. It would make sense because it would be as if they tried to find an explanation to the biological origins of the Flood in order to try to counter them
One thing that struct me during the panel was when Frank talked about the ring section and that was going to be a source of the threat in nightfall... I will try to find the time frame he mentions it. Anyway, if the ring section itself plays out almost as a character with accompanying threats... sentinels anyone?
Quote:
A lot of people are mentioning how it couldn't possibly be the Flood as this element mentioned in the trailer is, well, an element. In the broadest sense of the word, it would be something seemingly inorganic

The thing is that the Flood came from this fine dust made from Precursors. You must also remember that Installation 04 is also a research facility for the Flood. Maybe in the midst of their research, the Forerunner tried to "reverse" the Flood and blended them back into dust. It would make sense because it would be as if they tried to find an explanation to the biological origins of the Flood in order to try to counter them
The flood dust was stated to be organic, just not alive.
What I find interesting in this interview with Kiki https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rpneO8Qtm6Q is that she said by the time we go into Halo 5: Guardians, we'll either love or hate Locke. That's interesting...
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 9
  4. 10
  5. 11
  6. 12
  7. 13
  8. ...
  9. 16