Forums / Community / Halo Universe

ONI and The Flood

OP Reese147

Sorry if this is already on here, but I caught a glimpse of a few things saying that ONI knew about The Flood before the events of Halo: CE. Could someone please verify this?
ONI would never do such a thing...
I've seen people say it, but I've never seen them source it, but it sounds familiar. Wouldn't put it past them to know about them, the AI Assembly knew of them.
Who knows, perhaps ONI was directly a result of The Assembly AI and still under it's influence and guidance?
Quote:
Who knows, perhaps ONI was directly a result of The Assembly AI and still under it's influence and guidance?
While the objectives of the single branches of ONI are quite known (section 2 has propaganda, section 3 research, development, special projects..), the true purposes of it's top head (or it's complessive purpose) remain unclear.
Even after Kilo-V there are still some shadowy facts about margaret (red flag, sanghelios colonization, the letter to halsey when she was deployed to infinity) that make me think we know nothing about her real purposes.

If the assembly knew about the flood they could have told somebody in ONI, but consider that both knew nearly nothing about the flood's nature.
I have been trying to find the source for over 5 years to no avail and thus most of it may come from me and other Elder bungie members.

Around the time of IRIS there was a bungie update stating ONI knew of the Flood prior to 04. I think it was in the same update when a question was asked pertaining to the purpose of life, which bungie answered (going off memory) "Reproduce,Eat,Spread" or something like that. But then again, I think when that update was found by me the ONI part wasn't there. Other members from the group Compound Intelligent remember the missing update as well, but I cannot find it.

This is the reason so many people were insisting the SoF made it back because there wouldn't be any other reasonably known why to explain how ONI knew of the Flood.
Temporary link established.
Quote:
Sorry if this is already on here, but I caught a glimpse of a few things saying that ONI knew about The Flood before the events of Halo: CE. Could someone please verify this?
Query Answer: Initial [cyberintrusion] evidence suggests relevant [Covenant] and Forerunner directives copied to [frumentarii] cores before parasite outbreak in [2552]. However, threat dynamic analysis shows Human security forces did not widely implement minimal acceptable suite of parasite containment protocols until evaluation of Reclaimer [alpha site] combat data in [2553].
Quote:
Temporary link established.
Quote:
Sorry if this is already on here, but I caught a glimpse of a few things saying that ONI knew about The Flood before the events of Halo: CE. Could someone please verify this?
Query Answer: Initial [cyberintrusion] evidence suggests relevant [Covenant] and Forerunner directives copied to [frumentarii] cores before parasite outbreak in [2552]. However, threat dynamic analysis shows Human security forces did not widely implement minimal acceptable suite of parasite containment protocols until evaluation of Reclaimer [alpha site] combat data in [2553].
What an appropriate term for ONI.
Quote:
Quote:
Temporary link established.
Quote:
Sorry if this is already on here, but I caught a glimpse of a few things saying that ONI knew about The Flood before the events of Halo: CE. Could someone please verify this?
Query Answer: Initial [cyberintrusion] evidence suggests relevant [Covenant] and Forerunner directives copied to [frumentarii] cores before parasite outbreak in [2552]. However, threat dynamic analysis shows Human security forces did not widely implement minimal acceptable suite of parasite containment protocols until evaluation of Reclaimer [alpha site] combat data in [2553].
What an appropriate term for ONI.
Definitely.
They were considered the most infamous "branch" within the roman secret services...