1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
what is your General opinion about ONI. I personally think that while they were helpful I’m the Human-Covenant War after the war they have just been missing with stuff that they don’t need to be messing with. Like the Sangheili Civil War.
I rather enjoy doing their dirty work, the whole cloak and dagger thing is really my style of fighting. Part of winning wars and battles is to see the whole picture, and do the things no one wants to do to protect everyone. Yes there are some unethical things they have done, but it was mostly (if not all) for the benefit of humanity. Like Admiral Paragosky said in the Kilo-Five trilogy, you gotta kick them in the balls while their still down.
Love ONI. No Humanity in the Haloverse without ONI. True heroes, long live ONI, death to the xenos!!!
Gotta agree with OP here, to a degree, but I don't like most of their "for the greater good" behavior even during the HCW. I find myself frowning at a lot of the things they do/did, particularly:

The kerfuffle with the Sangheili Civil War.
The ethics behind the SPARTAN-II program.
EVERYTHING revolving around the Mona Lisa.
Ben Giraud. That is all. (And Sullivan, I liked you in Forward Unto Dawn! Why this now!?)

This is part of the reason I appreciate Locke as a character. It's nice to see a character connected to ONI that isn't wearing their jerk outfit all the time. Same props go to Veta Lopis.
They are the necessary evil.Rather having them than extinction through the covenant.
I can't say anything bad about ONI. Literally <.<
stckrboy wrote:
Lol, the conundrums that follow will be very awkward
I rather enjoy doing their dirty work, the whole cloak and dagger thing is really my style of fighting.
Same, this is one of the reasons why I admire ONI.
The only other things that rival ONI in my favorites are the ODSTs. Both are just so realistically extravagant in their own ways. The way ONI handles things just please me.
Tbh, the only ONI member in the MCC is some dude in the first level of Halo 4 who is interrogating Halsey, and I never liked Halsey, but the ONI dude seemed kinda cool, but creepy.
Primortem wrote:
The only other things that rival ONI in my favorites are the ODSTs. Both are just so realistically bad -Yoink- in their own ways. The way ONI handles things just please me.
The ODSTs are cool in Halo Wars 2 though! Their my favorite Cutter unit.
Tbh, the only ONI member in the MCC is some dude in the first level of Halo 4 who is interrogating Halsey, and I never liked Halsey, but the ONI dude seemed kinda cool, but creepy.
Actually it shows Admiral Osman during Halo 4 Spartan Ops. And you can find corpses of ONI workers in the cube building during Halo 3 ODST
I’m just saying that they are messing with fire. Some day the Sangheili are going to find out what ONI is doing.
Primortem wrote:
The only other things that rival ONI in my favorites are the ODSTs. Both are just so realistically bad -Yoink- in their own ways. The way ONI handles things just please me.
The ODSTs are cool in Halo Wars 2 though! Their my favorite Cutter unit.
Ha, I didn't mean to say they were bad, the other part was removed. I meant to say that they were cool. :p
I’m just saying that they are messing with fire. Some day the Sangheili are going to find out what ONI is doing.
Not necessarily and if they work things out with their secret plans it won't matter, press that button and kill those genocidal freaks.

HUMANITY FIRST!
Some already have learned about some of what they were/are doing like Thel Vadam.
Nah, they're too caught up in their civil war to notice, we... I mean uhh... they made sure of it...
Quote:
what is your General opinion about ONI. I personally think that while they were helpful I’m the Human-Covenant War after the war they have just been missing with stuff that they don’t need to be messing with. Like the Sangheili Civil War.
I think the same as you. Sometimes I find it so exagerated it becomes even hilarous, For example, they colaborate with Halsey, they are one, and after the war they betray her just because. The covenant civil war they created was against humanity's own sangheili allies too keep them weak because they "thought elites would betray them", and resulted in many hundreds or thousands of humans dead. And experimenting with flood? HAhaha. That's like consciously giving a nuclear bomb to jar jar binks. Since 343i began directing the franchise, oni has no fix. They must get them to be a villian, but it deserves to be a cheap one like their own new covenant. I can't wait to give them a lesson on future games.
stckrboy wrote:
I see why.
For the question: I think they're just disturbingly evil and have made the worst things anyone could do... well, excluding the things Faber has done of course. However, they do the things they did and do for the best of Humanity. For example, they keep on researching the Flood to develop the best tactics possible, despite it being very... inconsistent and that led to many outbreaks like the Mona Lisa.
I hate them, but they're extremely important in Halo's narrative and it wouldn't be the same without this disturbingly shady organization.
stckrboy wrote:
I see why.
For the question: I think they're just disturbingly evil and have made the worst things anyone could do... well, excluding the things Faber has done of course. However, they do the things they did and do for the best of Humanity. For example, they keep on researching the Flood to develop the best tactics possible, despite it being very... inconsistent and that led to many outbreaks like the Mona Lisa.
I hate them, but they're extremely important in Halo's narrative and it wouldn't be the same without this disturbingly shady organization.
It's a good thing that they're on our side... or are they?
:p
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2