Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Opinion on ONI's actions against the Elites?

OP SmallestPond888

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4
Three decades of being on the losing side, over 20 billion dead, thousands of lost ships and crews, hundreds of worlds and the average elite standing almost 8 foot and almost as strong as a Spartan. I understand ONI desire to have every advantage in their deck as they can.
Right? It's well and nice that the Arbiter wants to be friends, but the real reason to not obliterate their species is that you're better off being able to see what they're up to, with a finger not at all far from the trigger.
Exactly, were it not for the violent betrayal, humanity would have lost the war and the Arbiter would have more likely been the executioner as he was at Reach. So I think ONI is fair to do what they wish.
I wouldn't trust the Elites either, but I would give the Elites that directly helped humanity some respect. I most certainly wouldn't put them on the assassination list.
I like that ONI have Humanities interests at heart. Planning to poison, destabilise etc. the Covenant remnants makes sense. Humanity should go on thinking the war is still on, in the sense of, weapons tech, ODP's, black Ops. There are still a myriad of genocidal loons out there - I'd prefer them to die first.
Arbiter (Thel) is directly responsible for billions of deaths, but he also stopped Tartarus from firing the rings. He may of had a rough past of humanity but ended up saving the galaxy the first time around.
Of course it was justified, it showed how much power we had. It was all a power play, who could get the most leverage over the other. There was a lot at stake, if it ever came down to humanity or the Elites, it was our job to ensure it was them who went down.
I see the way that oni acts is potentially in good health for humanity but the elites helped us. ONI also sucks -Yoink- about making MC be a traitor by helping the elites escape in a treaty signing that extremists are trying to destroy. -Yoink- ONI!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 4