Forums / Community / Halo Universe

Per Curiam - Iunius 2015

OP Catalog

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
The following reconciliation anomalies have recently been corrected. Please update local records.

Warthog
Colonial Military Administration

Biofoam
Drug Class: Morphophetamine
Sweet, thanks for the correction notification Catalog.
Perhaps you can correct that nonsense about the Ur-Didact's epilogue speech being before Halo 4, as well as Saber's fate, eh Catalog? ;)
Perhaps you can correct that nonsense about the Ur-Didact's epilogue speech being before Halo 4, as well as Saber's fate, eh Catalog? ;)
Olivia might be the female Spartan on the cover of Last Light, so maybe that book will elaborate on the issue.
Thank you, Catalog :D
Baartvedt wrote:
Olivia might be the female Spartan on the cover of Last Light, so maybe that book will elaborate on the issue.
She is indeed Olivia. In the case that Saber is killed off in Last Light, then we'll have had that spoiled for us a year in advance which would be rather... well, rubbish, really. Considering it's murder mystery novel, I reckon they probably will.
Baartvedt wrote:
She is indeed Olivia. In the case that Saber is killed off in Last Light, then we'll have had that spoiled for us a year in advance which would be rather... well, rubbish, really. Considering it's murder mystery novel, I reckon they probably will.
*shrugs*
Nobody ever said the Catalog was perfect.
And seeing as how it's refused to change or elaborate on it's original statements about Saber, I'm sure 'Last Light' will give us a proper explanation for them being marked KIA in 2553. And even with that knowledge in mind ahead of time, we don't have the whole story as to what that's all about - which makes the series of events leading up to it still potentially very interesting and worthwhile.
Baartvedt wrote:
*shrugs*
Nobody ever said the Catalog was perfect.
And seeing as how it's refused to change or elaborate on it's original statements about Saber, I'm sure 'Last Light' will give us a proper explanation for them being marked KIA in 2553. And even with that knowledge in mind ahead of time, we don't have the whole story as to what that's all about - which makes the series of events leading up to it still potentially very interesting and worthwhile.
I'm not denying that the novel won't be great regardless of foreknowledge of Saber's fate if it comes to pass that they are indeed going to be killed off, but I very much hope that the novel gives them their due because they were largely cast aside in Glasslands (which is one step above Jerrod being thrown in canonical limbo, at least) and we've heard next to nothing of them since.

Essentially, I don't want another Black Team to be pulled where we have this great cast of unique, interesting, and racially diverse characters to just get dropped. So the onus is on Mr Denning to deliver for those characters, and I have every confidence that he will.
WHO IS THAT ON THE LAST LIGHT COVER?!?!
Shadow-of-Sundered-Star's speech proved to be more complex than was immediately apparent, touching on [skeins] that [never were]. It is [suasoria].
Fred-104 (obviously), Olivia-G291 (the girl in the SPI armor), and the new detective character Veta Lopis.
Fred-104 (obviously), Olivia-G291 (the girl in the SPI armor), and the new detective character Veta Lopis.
NO, I WANTED CATALOG TO ANSWER WITH HIS LATIN WORDS!
Thanks for the update Catalog, nice to see your construct active again :)
Quote:
The following reconciliation anomalies have recently been corrected. Please update local records.

Warthog
Colonial Military Administration

Biofoam
Drug Class: Morphophetamine
I m glad to hear of your renewed presence dear, Catalog.
Would you be so kind to say if the UNSC Halycon class cruiser Dawn under Heaven is still active?
Quote:
Shadow-of-Sundered-Star's speech proved to be more complex than was immediately apparent, touching on [skeins] that [never were]. It is [suasoria].
It seems like it was something that may have been overlooked as Greg eventually came up with the idea of having two Didacts in the story, as I understand that was largely at his suggestion and Silentium was delayed in order to make certain canonical adjustments for Halo 4. What we've heard about Halo 5 has likewise compounded the evidence towards favouring the Epilogue speech as being in the present.

> Ur-Didact, Halo 4: "The Reclamation has already begun, and we are hopeless to stop it."

> Cortana['s ghost], Halo 5: "The Domain is open. Meridian is next. You only have three days. John, the Reclamation is about to begin."
Did the Forerunners have memes and if so, did Splendid Dust enjoy them?
I have revived the discussion thread for this moment. For everyone curious about the catalog. All its posts are recorded here. All 68 of them.

Catalog Discussion Thread.
Did the Forerunners have memes and if so, did Splendid Dust enjoy them?
Given their naming structure, I think memes have infected their culture rather heavily.
Wonder what caused that hiatus(in a lore point of view I mean)
I was concerned that it vanished like a few of the monitors on the Halo Installations.
Quote:
So, if I'm understanding this correctly, the Didact's speech at the end of 'Halo 4' is similar to Dr. Halsey's monologue at the end of 'Halo: Reach' - in that it exists to serve more a thematic purpose than be an actual transcription of dialogue that occurred/occurs at a specific time and place.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3